Mothering Forum banner

Encouraged, discouraged? (bloody show then good Dr visit then nuthin)

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  DeChRi 
#1 ·
I had a bit of bloody show this morning and was STOKED. I then went to the OB around noon and let her check me. She said I am a good 4cm and baby was down LOW....between +1 and +2 station. (Her words were "like I could feel her head with my pinky....granted, I have unusually large pinkies" LOL). I know she was low as I can feel her head easily with my index finger. Anyway...I was so stoked to have the bloody show that morning, even if it was not a lot. And really happy to hear that whenever I go into labor I am already at a 4!

But since then I have had ZERO bloody show or anything noteworthy. Heck, I usually spot like heck after cervix check this pregnancy, and not even spotting after she checked it.

Think the bloody show was a fluke, or just the beginning? For those of you with babes in your arms, once you had your first sighting of bloody show, did it just keep coming or did you have any pauses (obsess much? hehe)?

All in all it was a good appt. My Dr is out of town until Friday and I met the Dr covering her who is new, and LOVED her. She was down with my birth plan and super great to get along with. Which is good, just in case something does happen. Urine was great, BP 98/57, up a lb from last week (hellllllllo, tuna melts!), and everything else looked good.

Her parting thought was....once things get serious, hurry your butt to the hospital because this baby is Right there. Here is to hoping she is right!

See less See more
#2 ·
i'm so jealous of you! at my appt last week m/w told me that baby was low (about +2), but cervix was still not softened. and i keep looking for some bloody show or something, but nothing is going on down there. every time i use the bathroom i check the TP.

hoping things keep progressing for you!

#4 ·
elyag - I am SO up and down this pregnancy. DH says I never was this nutty with my last DD. I think the physical discomfort from SPD, prolapse problems, and other stuff are taking a toll. And yes, I hope she just fall out! LOL

tippy - I am such a TP checker too....then I had this thought this morning: I wake to pee, half asleep in the dark, about 5-6x per night....that is about a 1/3 chance when I take into account the 10-12x I pee during the day, that I miss something. Hehehe....yep, pregnant crazy has set in.

#5 ·
I have to laugh at the nothing post exam part...I just posted how I finally convinced DH to DTD and...without being TMI-not worry about being so darn fragile with me...after a normal romp with him I have contrax and pain and it takes an hour to go to sleep. But last night. Nothing. In fact I feel better this morning than I have in a long time! what is the deal with that???

I so hope things roll for you soon mama! It is not fun having the carrot dangle in your face...come on babies!!!

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crispie View Post
I have to laugh at the nothing post exam part...I just posted how I finally convinced DH to DTD and...without being TMI-not worry about being so darn fragile with me...after a normal romp with him I have contrax and pain and it takes an hour to go to sleep. But last night. Nothing. In fact I feel better this morning than I have in a long time! what is the deal with that???

I so hope things roll for you soon mama! It is not fun having the carrot dangle in your face...come on babies!!!
For real! From a technical standpoint, how can a cervix check yield so much spotting but a solid and significant romp w/ DH does NOTHING?

#7 ·
It sounds like you are close!!! I can't believe you are already 4cm. I am so jealous... on monday I was only one and still firm.

I am so excited for you!!

I also must remind you to post some pictures!! At this rate your LO will be here at anytime before you have a chance to post your kitchen reno!

#8 ·
How exciting mama! I think you are SOOO close! I had bloody show that lingered on and off for about 3 days. I was getting frustrated wondering what that meant, etc..and at the end of the 3rd day, my water broke- so you never know!! It seems that most moms go into labor within a few days of the bloody show, but I know it can be up to several weeks.

Sending lots of GO vibes your way!!

#9 ·
Shannie- My camera is outta batteries, lol....but I am running out this morning to snag some more!

I had nasty cramping and contrx last night, then they quit around midnight and NUTHING since. A tiny bit of brown tinged mucus this morning, but feel like I could be pregnant for another 2 weeks.

Granted, I am noticing that feeling changes appx every 6-8 mins these last couple weeks, hehehe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.