Ever think baby has some cosmic reason for waiting? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-19-2010, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now I am not even post date, but am in the camp of moms with prodromal labor, lost mucus plug/bloody show, and no baby.

My biggest anxiety this pregnancy has been leaving my 2yo DD for a night or two to go to the hospital, as she has never been alone overnight. She has been a CONSISTANT 2-4x night waker and only wants me. I was completely freaked out about how she would react waking and no mama.

Well the last 3-4 nights she has slept straight through until between 5am-7am!!! Outta nowhere! I suddenly am FAR less worried about leaving her for the night.

Makes me wonder if there is a a bigger picture that baby gets about the best time to come, that I overlook. Like a few days of all night sleeping can make her birth wayyyyy less emotionally trying for her soon to be big sister and less worrisome for me.

Maybe that is dorky. Maybe I am trying to find some kind of Zen. But it helps my patience to think there may be some bigger reasons for the baby to come when it deems time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 11:38 AM

I totally think it's true. Every one of my labors have always occured at the "perfect" time and even if not..
..it helps me to believe it LOL

I'm in prodromal labor land as well. Lost mucous plug, bloody show, cx for hours on end. I can barely walk it feels like he's going to fall out. And when my 19 month old has a rough night I think...ah this is why the new baby decided not to come tonight. Or the other night when my cx fizzled out I learned my MW's had 2 births that night already.

I've crossed into zen I think. I'm no longer getting angry at each signpost but just welcoming it as part of the process. The baby WILL come. And I have very little memory of this part of pregnancy when I was prg my other 3 (2 of which were overEDD by 5-10 days). Once the baby comes it doesn't matter and there really is no point in fretting over it. Being excited is fun. Checking the TP is fun. Wondering if each cx is working...fun. Of course the not sleeping, being exhausted to take care of my other kids etc etc etc is decidely NOT fun....but it is only a little while longer. In the grand scheme of things this pregnancy has flown by. Wasn't it JUST April? Now it's getting on towards the end of May.

Anyway... I do think there is a grand design. My LO who was 10 days late waited until the day my mom left after being here for 3 weeks because I really didn't want her here for the birth. He knew.

Of course if one more person attributes some sort of ordinary occurance with me going into labor I may scream. Like I don't do this to myself enough! They are like "oh it's a new moon...going to go into labor!' "oh your dh is nesting! you must be going into labor soon!" "oh you threw up after smelling something horrible...that's what happened to me and then 10 hrs later I went into labor!" ....lol that was kinda off topic...apparently i'm not nearly as zen as I thought!

~ Dana ~ Mommy to Madelyn, Jonas & Hudson & wee one #4 due late Spring!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:53 PM

I'm trying to find my zen, too. I am only due on Saturday but the weeks of prodromal labour are making it hard to be patient. My dad is supposed to be discharged from the hospital today, so I'm telling myself that she's been waiting for her Papi to come home. He's very stubborn and I know that he will be trying to do all kinds of work instead of resting, but I know that he will take the time to slow down and hang out with bubs when she arrives. He was the nurturing one when we were kids and he used to sleep with us on his chest when we were fussy. He did the same with my niece and babies just love him. Luckily we only live about 3 blocks away so I'm hoping that we can hang out and help each other recover. DH also has a couple of extra days off next week so that would be a good time for things to happen. Let's hope she thinks so, too!

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****
Old 05-19-2010, 12:55 PM

I made this realization yesterday.. that yes, this baby is waiting for the 'right conditions' and I believe it has to do with my marriage..

I have EFT'd my way through several fears about the pain, loss of control etc but when I ask my body why is it holding on to this baby (i know, kinda weird, but thought it couldnt hurt). I got a response of it's waiting for me to 'decide'...for me to be at peace with some decision about my marriage, should i stay or go..i KNOW the answer is 'go' but the fears that come with that hold me back..

i really feel that baby is waiting for things out here (and in my subconcious) to be 'at peace'

fwiwi: i'm 11 days 'overdue'--no signs of smthg happening!! I don't even have a braxton-hicks ctx to speak of

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

User Tag List