the zen is gone - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-23-2010, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My midwife is better YAY!!!

So baby and I have been talking all day about how nice it would be if s/he would decide to come.

I'm bouncing on my birth ball, drinking RRL tea by the bucket full, and using a heat pack on my ever expanding boobs.... if I had clary sage I'd be sniffing it.... pathetic, I'm pathetic
#2 of 8 Old 05-23-2010, 07:34 AM

Huh, I hadn't heard of clary sage as a labor encouragement. I may have to investigate. I'm very glad to hear that your midwife is feeling better--I'm sure that must be reassuring for you.

Hope you're pleased with your Zen-less state (you seem to be). I think I got a little of mine back, which is good because I'm really irritating my husband. The funny thing is, I think I've been more mellow than many women are during pregnancy, especially given that I'm pregnant after loss(es) and fertility treatments and the like. He thinks I've been meltdown-y a few times over the past week or so and has threatened to call our midwife to get her to give me a pep talk. I told him that he hasn't seen anything approximating a meltdown yet but that yes, I have been a little emotional. Of course I have! I'm having a baby! Soon! Finally!

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#3 of 8 Old 05-23-2010, 12:11 PM

Talking to the baby worked wonders for me! I had a serious talk with DD and my water broke 3 hours later

Jessica- married to David- parenting our 3 monkeys- DS #1 (age 7) DS #2 (age 4) and a brand new DD (born 5/10/10)
#4 of 8 Old 05-23-2010, 02:01 PM

I think I've just given up. I'm totally powerless over this. I've talked to baby, done fear clearing, crossed off everything on the "must do" list, added things and got them done too, done hypnobabies attempts to help baby come out, and it's out of my hands. I just keep releasing her and her birth to a power greater than myself~

My 2yo has been so fussy and clingy, even my 6yo is acting up yesterday and this morning. DH is avoiding me, and I can't blame him, and don't really want his attention right now anyway-I'm just in a foul mood. I can't help but think the big brothers on the outside are making this little girl want to stay put. And their behavior is making me snarky and snappy. I really want to just sleep for about two days straight. I literally cry when nap time ends every day. Poor little unborn...if I heard the chaos in this house right now, I sure wouldn't want to make any moves towards joining in. In fact a nice muffled watery cocoon sounds rather nice to me at the moment too! And if one more person mentions anything about me being still pregnant, I may end up with my wish of solitary confinement being granted!

I go back and forth between more of a surrendered state of mind and total tears of frustration. Still doing the prodromal labor every night...I think I've lost my plug about 4 times now. And I'm feeling pretty certain that I'm just really fat and have gas a lot that moves my blubber around. I've past my two ultrasound due dates...and don't put much stock in the due date given by my cycle as I only had three periods (still BFing) and they were 20, 60, and 45 day cycles so who knows how soon I actually conceived. I've only gone overdue with my first baby-so-yeah, I'm feeling really done by now!

I've thought of sipping some castor oil like I did last time...but that labor was like a pit induced labor and the more I actually research that method, the more I really want to steer clear of it and hold on allowing my body and baby to find it's own rhythm and labor cycle. MUCH easier said than done right?!! But, I'm still here, induction free...

More on topic though-aren't midwifes great? I went to my appt on Friday and left with so much Zen. I felt empowered and patient and just awesome. I wish I could just meet with them every day and hang out in the house of Zen.

PS-I'm totally busting out my hot water bottle! I didn't even realize that itchy uncomfortableness was my BOOBS until I read your post-now I have brought it to my conscious mind-yowza!

The BIG FAT FULL MOON is Thursday...perhaps the pull will encourage some action...*crossing fingers and toes*

Mama to 4 Boys & One baby Girl! My DH co-sleeps! (with the couch) I'm a Student Midwife!
#5 of 8 Old 05-23-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblette View Post
My midwife is better YAY!!!

So baby and I have been talking all day about how nice it would be if s/he would decide to come.

I'm bouncing on my birth ball, drinking RRL tea by the bucket full, and using a heat pack on my ever expanding boobs.... if I had clary sage I'd be sniffing it.... pathetic, I'm pathetic
let's see, this weekend i've tried pretty much every inducer that i can think of. walking, pineapple, EPO, dtd, nipple stim, etc and baby is still not impressed - lol. not to mention that i've made a mess with the EPO, i ate WAY too much pineapple, and i picked an absolutely terrible time to walk and almost ended up having heat stroke - lol. so i think i've pretty much given up and let baby dictate when he would like to be born.
#6 of 8 Old 05-23-2010, 05:06 PM

come out come out little ones

D. proud Mom of H. E. M. and T. always remembering Norah (11/07 at 40 wks) and (10/06) see profile
#7 of 8 Old 05-23-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy View Post
let's see, this weekend i've tried pretty much every inducer that i can think of. walking, pineapple, EPO, dtd, nipple stim, etc and baby is still not impressed - lol. not to mention that i've made a mess with the EPO, i ate WAY too much pineapple, and i picked an absolutely terrible time to walk and almost ended up having heat stroke - lol. so i think i've pretty much given up and let baby dictate when he would like to be born.
Totally with you on all the "natural inductions." I can barely look at the pineapple I cut up this morning. I had my husband do some accupressure above my ankle last night (4 finger widths above the inside of the ankle bone is supposed to be an inducer) and I think he was so eager he bruised my leg. Shortly I'm going to drag my lazy Sunday family out for a big walk downhill to the lake. If the water wasn't so cold I'd just jump in for the gravity relief!

Lovin' my four-pack: M, S, a different M, and sleepytime.gif me.

#8 of 8 Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Well, we got strong, tight, 60 sec long, but not crampy or painful BH going for a few hours at about 5-10 (mostly 5ish) minutes apart. Didn't go anywhere I am now officially more pregnant than my mother ever was

Baby and I are still talking... we talked about how much daddy and I already love the baby, and about his/her room, and dog and cat. We talked about grandparents and relatives. We've talked about the sun and sky, grass and trees, and what a beautiful day it is today. We talked about our five senses, and how birth might seem a bit scary, but really out here is wonderful and we're just waiting to catch the baby and hold on so tight. That it'll still be warm and cozy and loving and that there is SO MUCH out here that is amazing and how fun it will be to learn about the world.

Well.... baby has been moving more since last night that in the past two weeks, and all my talking hasn't seemed to convince the little one.

I just want to know who this little person is... I am so excited to meet my baby, my first live baby. I think I'll be in the running for the golden birth stool though.....

ETA: My midwife thinks the baby may wait till finals are over, since finals are stressful... and the baby might wait for the "space" to come. While this makes sense to me I really want the baby to comer sooner rather than later. It impacts how old baby will be when I have to go back to school, among other things. It's different types of stress... I can defer finals if/when the baby comes so if the baby comes now it does negatively impact school.

I know this sounds kinda petty, and the baby will come when s/he's ready.... But does anyone have any suggestion on what I can do to get out of my own way? if that is indeed why things haven't progressed to far? I've talked to the baby, I've tried to make peace, and I've done hypnobabies fear clearing all in the last week.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page