12 hrs of regular contrax that stopped - seriously???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-23-2010, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was sure last night was it - 5 pm they started, and were not painful, but much lower than the BH I've been getting forever. And they stayed regular - - for 12 hours!!!! I cannot BELIEVE they petered out. They did get stronger around midnight, but I was so tired, I went to bed. When I got up 2 hrs later, I was still getting them (and even closer togethehr), but they were really just BH by that point.

Just so frustrated.

Out baby, out!
#2 of 6 Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 PM

Aww this happened with me too..same thing, Thursday night 3 hours of 7min apart then nothing..Friday alllll day, over 12 hours of ctx every 3-20 min, then, nothing around midnight.

Turned out baby was posterior, and was born face up..when I looked up more info, it mentioned labors that go on for hours or are inconsistent then fizzle out could be due to positioning...do you think that's a possibiliy?

maybe do some hands and knees/chest-knees positions ?

*hugs* it's really frustrating!

I really reallllllllllly wish I'd known that before yesterday..I would have spent more time on my hands and knees and wouldn't have had to deal with a not-budging-baby for FOUR hours.

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#3 of 6 Old 05-23-2010, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Huh, I never thought it was connected to positioning - - because it's true, my baby is posterior.

I've been pretty bad about doing those exercises, but I'm going to go do some tonight, for sure!!!

Thank you.

#4 of 6 Old 05-23-2010, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DDCC! That's what happend to me with my 3rd baby. I started having regular contractions on a Friday, every 5-7 minutes, then they petered out after 12 hours. Happened AGAIN on Saturday. Went into labor *again* Sunday evening, and she was finally born Monday morning! It drove me nuts, but I've read that that kind of labor can be the body's way of turn babies that aren't well positioned. So if you know baby is OP that might be what's going on. Hang in there!
#5 of 6 Old 05-23-2010, 10:18 PM

Hmm, I'm going on 24 hours of irregular but painful contractions (10-20 min apart, sometimes stopping for an hour or so) - wonder if it could be related to the baby's position? I'll have to try doing some of the spinning babies stuff.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****
#6 of 6 Old 05-23-2010, 10:21 PM

good luck!
I've been spending time on my hands knees alot the past week b/c I'm pretty sure my little one is posterior too

~Tia~ Mom to 3 girls

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page