Our sweet little Maisie has arrived! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-26-2010, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So... on Monday night at 8pm I had my first real contraction. I had them through the night but was able to sleep. I sent DH to work the next day and sent DD to the sitter so I could rest and do some last minute cleaning. By the time I picked DD up at 5pm I was having some serious contractions that made driving difficult.

By 6pm my contractions were painful enough I couldn't talk or move through them. At 8pm they were every 2-3 minutes... with some being 6 or 7 mins apart. They only lasted 40 secs or so.

I called my doula and she said to get in the tub and relax and see if things would back off so that I could sleep. We put DD to bed and at 10pm I started feeling nauseaus and was shaking. I was thinking I might be 4cm and was just being whimpy.

I got in our bathtub and felt so much better. By 12:45 my contrax were every 2-3 mins and 40secs in length. I was in denial and was sure I couldn't be in true labour since they weren't lasting that long. However I remembered with DD1 that mine never lasted long or got regular, so I decided to call our midwife.

She arrived at 1pm... and I was 8cm!!! I was SOOO happy and excited that I wasn't just overreacting to how much pain I had been in (Maisie was posterior). I felt like my sarcrum and pelvis were splittling in two!

The midwife went into panic-mode (well not panic but move as fast as I can mode). My mom arrived a couple minutes later to watch DD who was up at this point. I got back in the tub (after being checked), and at around 1:20 the doula arrived and was so helpful.

I started feeling a lot of pressure in my rectum and started pushing lightly in the tub. Shortly there after they had me move to my bed. I didn't plan on a water birth. I got to business and pushed Maisie out in 15 mins. It felt like forever, and I did scream as her head crowned. I got to pull her up onto my chest and she was PERFECT.

She was 7-14 and 20 1/4 inches. Her birth was all that I imagined a home birth could be. With DD1 I had midwives and did everything naturally but it was horrific once I got to the hospital - I lost all control and was in so much pain in the bed. I am SOOOOO happy that everything worked out (and in the end i did get my primary midwife because her flight got cancelled until tomorrow!).

My mom and Everly came up right after Maisie was born and we all sang happy birthday to her. It was so beautiful.

I am feeling awesome today. Maisie is super sleepy, which is so different then Everly. My mom and dad took Everly today and she is sleeping over there, so DH and I can have a decent sleep tonight (hopefully!).

I will post pics later.

Me: Shannon (33) mom to DD Everly born May 9, 2007 and Maisie born May 26
: : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 AM

Awwww, yay! What a wonderful story So glad you had a great birth. Welcome Maisy!!!

Michigan native living in Jersey with my hubby, sweet girl (4), wild boy (2), and baby girl due Dec. 18th! 

Old 05-27-2010, 12:48 AM

Congratulations Shannie! I am so glad that you got the homebirth that you wanted. It sounds like everything turned out perfectly. Enjoy being a family of 4!

Lindsay - Mum to Logan (May 3, 2007), Graysen (June 26, 2009) and welcoming somebody new in September 2011!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:22 AM

Wonderful birth story!! Welcome little Maisie

Congrats on the beautiful birth and baby mama
Old 05-27-2010, 07:41 AM

congrats! her name is beautiful and I love the story of her birth!

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

Old 05-27-2010, 09:39 AM

Oh Shannon, what a wonderful story mama, congratulations on little Maisie!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 AM

Congratulations!!
And thanks for sharing your birth story!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:49 AM

Welcome little Maisie! Congratulations Shannie, enjoy your babymoon!

femalesling.GIFMama to intact DS Dec 06 and intact DS May 10......Looking to declutter 2012 items in 2012! (27/2012)

Old 05-27-2010, 12:08 PM

Yay! So exciting! A new baby girl! Enjoy the baby bliss.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:54 PM

What an awesome birth story - CONGRATS Mama!! And welcome to the world Maisie. What a sweet name!

Gayle, WAHM to Aaliyah (8/06) and Lorelai (5/10). Married to M. bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg
Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 PM

Beautiful birth!!!!

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
Old 05-29-2010, 02:02 PM

I finally got on after being offline for a few days. Congrats!!! So glad everything went well.

It's funny..this baby is soooo sleepy (still!) And D (my 2yo) was soooo not. I keep thinking something is wrong, when in reality she is just chill.

Enjoy your time.

User Tag List