Full Moon Tonight! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to say good luck to all of those who are still pregnant (including me! )!

I hope the Full Moon is nice to us all.

Gayle, WAHM to Aaliyah (8/06) and Lorelai (5/10). Married to M. bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg
#2 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 PM

After my appt today I'll be able to think about tonight...right now I feel so good it should be WRONG

for the moon to work it's happy magic around here!

Proud Momma of 2 boys R(6) L(4) & finally a GIRL (5/29/10)
..Fused & Fabulous!
#3 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommabean View Post
After my appt today I'll be able to think about tonight...right now I feel so good it should be WRONG

for the moon to work it's happy magic around here!
I know what you mean about feeling good. Coincidentally, the past two nights I've been having some contractions that stop in the morning. But during the day, I've been feeling pretty good! I'm hoping the full moon pushes me over the edge. I also had some minor contractions during last month's full moon too so I'm hoping for some action tonight now that I'm past my EDD!

Gayle, WAHM to Aaliyah (8/06) and Lorelai (5/10). Married to M. bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg
#4 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 03:10 PM

Agreed. I feel way too good to go into labor anytime soon, lol.
I'm grateful for that, yes I am, but I wonder...won't I have to hit a wall here before it gets serious? Or perhaps we're all just slated to have orgasmic births. Bring it on.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#5 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 03:23 PM

Bring it on Mother Moon!!! I am so ready and overdue (41+4 today!). I am starting to get really bummed. Everyone is having/has had babies and here I still am. I am trying to be as calm as I can, I know this is something that I have absolutely no control over, but it can get really rough. I do not have much in the way of emotional support other than myself, and my PTSD and anxiety is not helping things. I know that I wont be "pregnant forever", and chances are that my time is coming soon. But, like so many of you have said, I feel too *good* to think that Im going to give birth anytime soon. The only thing that bothers me is swollen feet/ankles by the end of the day or if it's really hot. Well, if the beautiful weather keeps up here I am thinking of birthing outside and setting the pool up in a nice secluded spot. I am all for that orgasmic birth!! Ive had a couple that were mostly painless, but maybe feeling thisgood being this is a harbringer of good fortune!
Luck and Love to all you mamas in waiting that tonight's the night for a whole bunch of us! Let's see some beautiful birth stories in the next few days.

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

#6 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 05:51 PM

my fingers are crossed ... I am 1-2 cm right now
no labor signs really but I never have any signs prior to labor beginning so I will go to bed w/ my fingers crossed

~Tia~ Mom to 3 girls
#7 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 06:00 PM

I'm hoping for some action too - I'm getting so grumpy! I'm only 40+2 - good luck everyone!

Amy: proud mama to my sweet Karl 12/05, baby Ben 5/10 and happy wife of 13 years to James.
#8 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 06:01 PM

alrighty here's to hoping and praying...MW said I was fully effaced and dilated to a 3...gives me HOPE...

..Fused & Fabulous!
#9 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommabean View Post
alrighty here's to hoping and praying...MW said I was fully effaced and dilated to a 3...gives me HOPE...
Wow! You ARE ready!

#10 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 PM

Oh yes please Mama Moon come on and work your magic on me. I will be 41 weeks tomorrow, and I am sooooo ready to meet my baby boy!

WAHM, Married to my best friend, Proud Mama to our sweet baby boy 29.5.10, Addicted to and loving
#11 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 08:16 PM

So maybe it was the upcoming full moon that started me contracting this afternoon about 4 min apart? Just BH, but they were regular. Of course, I didn't get excited, since the same thing happened last Saturday and nothing came of that. And nothing came of this either. Already slowed down to almost nonexistent.

Oh well.

"Only" 40+1...
#12 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 08:43 PM

good luck ladies!
i had a real hard night last night. didn't sleep much, and my back was killing me pretty much all night.
had my appt today but opted not to get checked. i've been checked the last 2 appts and i don't want to ruin my zen.
i'm hoping mama moon will work her magic on me too even though i haven't hit my edd yet (it's 5/29) so i really have no reason to complain.
can't wait to hear how many people were affected by the full moon.
#13 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 PM

full moon has come and gone on my side of the world- no baby.

Some mucous plug overnight, and a little bit of pink spotting this morning but nothing else. The baby is picking out wall paper- I swear...
#14 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 PM

the "power" of the full moon works for the three days surrounding it so don't give up yet

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#15 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblette View Post
full moon has come and gone on my side of the world- no baby.

Some mucous plug overnight, and a little bit of pink spotting this morning but nothing else. The baby is picking out wall paper- I swear...
Picking out wallpaper..... !!!

#16 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
the "power" of the full moon works for the three days surrounding it so don't give up yet
Yes! I've been having some contractions the past two nights and started losing my mucous plug. I didn't have anything going on before then except for the contractions I had on the night of the full moon LAST month. So I am REALLY hoping tonight is the night since it seems that I'm pretty sensitive to it this pregnancy!!

Nothing yet though.... not even cramping.... So we'll see....

#17 of 25 Old 05-27-2010, 11:46 PM

Yes! Full moon tonight AND thunderstorms predicted for tomorrow and rain the following 2 days. I think a stormy night would be a wonderful time to have a baby....except my poor mom would have to drive 3 hours in the rain to get to me, and that doesn't sound very safe.

Jenna, Mama to my little sprocket, born at home 5/29/2010
#18 of 25 Old 05-28-2010, 07:31 AM

Well the full moon did nothing for me I am feeling so frustrated, not with being pregnant, I don't mind still being pregnant with my little guy, and I am happy to for as long as he feels he needs to be in there.

What is getting me really stressed and upset is the feeling of my home water birth plans slipping through my fingers, and the threat of a hospital induction looming over my head. It is not the birth I want for my baby boy, I just hope he comes soon.....

WAHM, Married to my best friend, Proud Mama to our sweet baby boy 29.5.10, Addicted to and loving
#19 of 25 Old 05-28-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
Yes, exactly! I could actually see the moon the night before last and spent some time laying in a patch of moonlight on the bedroom floor. Baby felt really low with lots of pressure and BH that night and next day.

Last night moon was hidden by clouds and not much action.

Hoping tonight is nice and clear. Might actually go outside and moon gaze.

Jezza, wife to T, oldmommers to E (7), A (4mos.) and three kitties
#20 of 25 Old 05-28-2010, 10:20 AM

Still holding in...but well I got my way with the dh...so we'll see if that helps...if only I could had had fun with it but I just wanted a deposit and I think he knew

Off to get boys ready for school and see if any action picks up.

..Fused & Fabulous!
#21 of 25 Old 05-28-2010, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Nothing here either.... even after the past two night of having contractions, last night nothing. sigh.

And Mommabean, I know what you mean about just wanting a deposit. Sex really hurts for me right now. I'm so swollen down there and she's SO LOW, it just hurts. But I think I might attempt it today....

#22 of 25 Old 05-28-2010, 11:05 AM

A girl has to do what a girl has to do at this point Gayle

I am really starting to cramp up the last hour and was going to run my errands but now I'm going to go lay around and see if they pick up before my lunch date with ds.

..Fused & Fabulous!
#23 of 25 Old 05-28-2010, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Exactly.....

I hope things pick up for you!!

#24 of 25 Old 05-28-2010, 12:56 PM

well i'm still here, maybe in the next couple of days things will pick up. slept decent last night, feeling ok today, and i'm currently at work.

mommabean, you had me with your description too. dh also doesn't like being used for his junk - lol. if only he understood!

hoping things pick up for everyone! only a couple more days until june!
#25 of 25 Old 05-28-2010, 04:52 PM

The night passed here, and still no baby for me. I slept well, and woke up feeling no different than i have for the past 12days of waiting. Had an appt today with one of the "scare tactic'" OBs who asked me all kinds of questions about how I plan to handle any "potential complications" with my planned UC. Y'all should have seen the look on his face when I discusssed my plans to consume placenta and birth in water!!! rofl!!! If he's 5yrs older than me it would be a shocker; he is just so "out of med school" in his ways of thinking it is unreal! At their office they think today is my due date, so Im just letting them go ahead and think whatever they want, no skin off my nose, and buys me plenty of time lol. I already got the induction talk, which they pretty much insist upon at 41.5 weeks along (hahah, Im already there boys!!) as well as the BPP's and NST's. I just said "I'll be refusing any interventions until I have made it to 42 weeks, and at that point we can discuss things again". I was told again how the "hospital is the safest place to have a baby" and I replied with "I respectfully disagree with your opinion and would be more than happy to show you some research if you're interested". That quickly ended the discussion on that subject. He made sure to let me know that I could feel free to come to the hospital any time I wanted during labor, and that with this being my 7th I should be aware of PPH. (DUH, why do you think I talked about eating placenta???!!!) *Sigh* I advocated well for myself I think and didnt let anything phase me at all.

So..... on to the cervical check. I was offered and declined a membrane sweep. I had a moment when I really wanted to say "yes", but Im working really hard at letting things happen in their own time. My cervix has shortrened to 1 1/2cm in length, I am 3cm dilated and LO is at -1 station, not posterioir, but he couldnt say for sure whether LOA or ROA. He guesses her weight to be about 6lbs which is what Ive been thinking as well. He also told me that his "predictions" are that I will give birth sometime this weekend. Since Mother Moon has 2 more days of magick left, maybe that's true. I am hoping. No ctx to report even after the cervix check, well some of what I call the "fake ones", but Im ok with that. Im going to enjoy the time Ive got left before she arrives. (Im starting to feel a little, ok a lot, nervous about labor; hoping I can handle it again, scared of it being "too much" even tho I know I will be ok. So maybe Im getting there. I need to work on letting go of the fear)

Hope the moon shines over us all! Luck and Love Mamas!

SAHM Wiccan mama to 4boys, 3girls and 3 angels.
UC/UP/EBF/AP/CD/BW, Waterbirthing, Homeschooling, no circ, no vax.
Expecting #8 on Dec 6th, 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page