What is this godawful pain? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-03-2010, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my. I am 41w4d and for the last few days I've had a weird nerve pain in the juncture of my legs, sort of starting in my pelvis and going down between my legs. It's usually towards the end of the day/early evening. It's worse in my left leg, and I can't even walk when it starts. I can feel my baby's head pushing down--lots of pressure and my bottom feels heavy. Then the pain usually starts. I think I need to see a chiro.

Anyone else with this sort of thing?

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
#2 of 5 Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 PM

DDDC but yes, I know it well. When baby's head is low, it presses on all kinds of nerves, mama! Not much to do but deliver... I hope it is soon for you!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#3 of 5 Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 PM

sciatica?
I had it with 3 of my 4..with this one though, every time baby's head went down, i had a pinchy nerve pain in my inner thigh :

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#4 of 5 Old 06-03-2010, 10:49 PM

I had that to the night before I went into labor with dd it was really weird to have a pain there.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 5 Old 06-04-2010, 10:18 AM

Just came on to check for an update from you, friend. Sorry you're in such pain I'm thinking about you!!! Hope you are holding your sweet babe very soon.

Lots of love.

Michigan native living in Jersey with my hubby, sweet girl (4), wild boy (2), and baby girl due Dec. 18th! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page