Postpartum soreness - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-05-2010, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel I should know this, as this is my third child, but as they say every pregnancy/postpartum is different.
Sophie will be two weeks tomorrow. At first the healing seemed to be going very well. So I guess I pushed myself too much (not hard to do with 3 kids to take care of). Well, now it seems like the healing is regressing a bit. The bleeding is heavier again and I'm getting a crampy, sore feeling in my lower abdomen. Feels like after pains again, but two weeks later? The pain is not too much to bear at all, more like a dull ache than anything really, but I expected to be over the pain by now. How is everyone else feeling? Should I be concerned about pain at all?

SAHM to one moody son J hat.gif(06-27-03), one super-girly daughter M hearts.gif (02-23-06) and welcome Sophie! energy.gif(05-23-10) expecting fourth in July baby.gif

#2 of 5 Old 06-06-2010, 07:50 AM

I went through the same thing. Around the 2-3 week mark I felt better and started to do my usual amount of activity and house work. I paid for it. Terrible swelling and pain around my tears, bleeding picked up again, I felt weak. I went to the doctor to make sure nothing had torn open again. She checked me and said that I was swollen and irritated and needed to REST. So, I've been on the couch as much as possible for the last few days. It's helping.

Rest, mama! As much as you can.

Michigan native living in Jersey with my hubby, sweet girl (4), wild boy (2), and baby girl due Dec. 18th! 

#3 of 5 Old 06-06-2010, 12:42 PM

I was thinking about the same thing. I have started feeling more crampy and bleeding picking back up too. I am close to 3 weeks postpartum. I was going to call the OB office tomorrow and see what they said. It does make me feel better knowing others are experiencing the same thing. It makes me think it is fairly normal.
#4 of 5 Old 06-06-2010, 03:15 PM

My MW says that increased bleeding is a sign of doing too much. I had the same feeling as you yesterday morning and friday night so I took it super easy yesterday. Felt great this morning, but went out for coffee and to visit/check on my business, and now I feel I am paying for it, so I will try to rest the rest of the day. I would say that you just need to rest.

Jenna, Mama to my little sprocket, born at home 5/29/2010
#5 of 5 Old 06-06-2010, 11:35 PM

I was feeling too good on Friday and ran a bunch of errands and I feel like I am paying for it now!! I took a look and my stitches look swollen and my perenium is very sore today.. I'm laying down as much as possible today and resting..

Anyone else having soreness where your perenium is? I'm sore all the way to my bottom but I didn't tear there.. uugh and things feel kinda heavy again down there.

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page