Finally! The birth story! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-24-2010, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry I haven't been on as much. I see we are all very busy lately. I wanted to finally share Lilah Rose's birth story-it's laden with birth pics too for those lurking! I finally got the DVD from my midwives today.

Note: My fourth boy (Oliver) was my first homebirth and emerged with a triple and very tight nuchal cord. Apgars of 2 and 3 prompted immediate oxygen help (his heart never stopped, but his lungs never started) and transfer to hospital. 21 days of NICU-and two years of developmental testing finally certified us a normal healthy unscarred baby boy.

Same midwives. My first baby girl. Here's the beautiful story and pics-including our birth beads from May 2010 yay!
http://withnakedfeet.blogspot.com/20...f-her-own.html

Midwife. Mama to five. Love is still the greatest.
#2 of 3 Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 AM

A beautiful story and a beautful baby girl~ congrats mama!

Becky(40)~ wifey to Keith(43), mama to Z(19), A(15), L(2), and baby Levi 5/19/10, bonus mom to D(18)
#3 of 3 Old 06-25-2010, 10:45 AM

Beautiful!!

Your ds's story about the triple & tight cord makes me realize how lucky we were...Maybe's cord was triple and tight too, but somehow she was completely unaffected by it. Maybe because it was sooooo long....but her apgars were 8 and 10.

Em, married to Alex, mom to Samantha (11 yrs) and Cullen (5yrs) and Maybe (5/16/2010) Trying to grow 4,000lbs of produce on .2 acres. See my blog!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page