Stuffy nose - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-25-2010, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DS is almost 4 weeks old. He has a pretty stuffy nose right now, and earlier today he had a LOT of snot (sorry....it's 3 a.m. and I can't think of a nicer term) coming out of his nose, during tummy time before his bath. He also spit up just a bit then (he rarely spits up....), but that's probably just coincidental.

Anyway, is it normal for such young babies to get stuffy noses? Anything I need to do or worry about?

Jenna, Mama to my little sprocket, born at home 5/29/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 AM

I'm a lurker here, but I'll chime in on this. My son was born on 5/31, and he went through this about a week ago. I had to use the bulb thing (my older boys call it the "nose horn") on his nose a few times to help him breathe because he was so stuffy. Of course he hated that, but it helped. He vomited once, and I noticed a big piece of snot in it (isn't this a nice description), so I think he had that in his throat, and it gagged him. That could be what's going on with your baby. Anyway, he got over it in a few days.
#3 of 5 Old 06-25-2010, 01:25 PM

My little girl shares your son's birthday and she too has a very stuffy nose has for about a week now. Makes her sound like a piglet when she is nursing. I have used Saline drops and a bit of rolled tp to clear her nose. Hoping it goes away soon for both our babies

S Momma to:8:5:4:1.5 and: May 29 2010 loving wife to C:
:::: ::: formally mom_2_3_girls
#4 of 5 Old 06-25-2010, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My baby has a cold right now with green snot... I used a dropper to put a little bit of breastmilk into her nose and then used the bulb syringe. She did not mind getting milk up her nose in the least... actually, she kind of made the happy noises she makes when she nurses and swallowed it down once it got to her throat. Haha! Anyway, it helped, along with keeping her upright whenever possible.

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
#5 of 5 Old 06-26-2010, 11:37 AM

We use good ol' saline and nasal aspirator (aka snot sucker). I've heard great things about Nosefrida too.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page