Exercising mamas, help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-01-2010, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone exercising yet? More importantly, has anyone who lost their butt found it yet? HOW? Also, anyone who simultaneously gained a spare tire LOST that yet??????

I just had my awesome DD2, 4w tomorrow, and I'm feeling really good, enough for light exercise. I don't know anything about postpartum exercise and would love some pointers. My weight isn't the issue--it's the weird reversal of my shape that I need to address! Ack!

TIA!!!!

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
#2 of 7 Old 07-01-2010, 10:51 PM

oops, maybe the popcorn isn't helping...

New Mom to little G May 16, 2010.
#3 of 7 Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
#4 of 7 Old 07-02-2010, 06:27 PM

I'm basically shaped the same now, but I'm a little poofier than before even though I'm already back to my pre pregnancy weight. My muscles are gone because I sat around so much. My pre pregnancy pants don't fit on my belly. Well...I can get them zipped but it results in some serious muffintop. No.

So I bought that Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD. The first day kicked my ass. (yesterday) We'll see how it goes. I'm going to add something else to it I think. More cardio I think.

Anyone else feel extra poofy?

Grad student Expecting #1 due date May 30th
#5 of 7 Old 07-02-2010, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I feel extra poofy :-) I have kept my same basic shape as well but my legs are a bit thicker and my stomach is a pretty squishy.

I hardly did any exercise while I was pregnant because I hardly had the energy to drag myself around the house but I really need to get back into it. I think J and I will be doing some big walks.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#6 of 7 Old 07-02-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgal View Post
I'm basically shaped the same now, but I'm a little poofier than before even though I'm already back to my pre pregnancy weight. My muscles are gone because I sat around so much. My pre pregnancy pants don't fit on my belly. Well...I can get them zipped but it results in some serious muffintop. No.

So I bought that Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD. The first day kicked my ass. (yesterday) We'll see how it goes. I'm going to add something else to it I think. More cardio I think.

I could have written ur post exactly! Except I was only eye balling that same DVD. A girlfriend of mine got it and lost some serious weight so I think I'm gonna get it. It's only $8 ish dollars on amazon.com

BFPChart2.gif

#7 of 7 Old 07-02-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgal View Post

That DVD is great! I used a lot pre-pregnancy, but haven't tried it since. I just got cleared to exercise (besides walks). So, I've been trying an easy weight routine & then working my way back onto my rowing machine (adding time each session). I've also tried running once, but I think I might wait on that a bit. If you like Jillian Michaels, she also has a new yoga dvd that's great.

As for my body, still one size up from pre-pregnancy & I think my hips got wider! I can't wait to lose some of this b/c none of my pants fit & I really don't want to go buy new clothes.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page