Mothering Forum banner

Undescended testicle

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  emnic77 
#1 ·
Matteus is almost seven weeks old and at our 6wk discharge appt I pointed out to the MW that he has a bulge on one side of his testicles (I was worried it might be a hernia because DS1 had dual inguinal hernias) She said that his testicle has undescended, it had been palpated at all previous appts and both were present. It hasn't come back down and I was told to get in to see a doctor in the next week to make sure it is followed up. I have been doing research ( well googling lol) and it seems that sometimes the other testicle can not descend if there is a hernia in the way. I know I am probably overanalyzing this because I know of other cases where surgery is not required, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this because I am really hoping I don't have to watch another babe go through surgery. TIA

#2 ·
My ds had this - it went away on it's own when he was a few months old. If I remember correctly we ruled out hernia with an ultrasound and then left it alone, I think?

I checked my old posts on my old DDC and found this at 9 weeks old:

So we have to have an ultrasound tomorrow morning because one of Cully's testicles still isn't palpable, and he has a hydrocele on that side, so our dr suggested an ultrasound to rule out a hernia, since he had an inconsolable few hours of crying. She agreed that the abx were probably the culprit, but just to be on the safe side she wants to rule out hernia, so we're doing that tomorrow morning.

and then this:
Well, Cully has a hernia (inguinal hernia) and will probably be having surgery at some point in the very near future.
He was so good during the ultrasound, just cooed the whole time. Waiting for a call from the dr....

But it did go away on it's own, no surgery. Hope that helps you a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.