Anyone else with babes on the MOVE?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-16-2010, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD is 12 weeks & 3 days- and she rolled over tonight! Then did it again about 14 more times... All front to back of course!

And as long as I'm mentioning, she'll kick and move herself forward several inches at a time when she's on her tummy...

Anyone else??? It happened so fast!!

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 08-16-2010, 02:10 PM

WOW, way to go baby girl!!!!

i feel like Lilah is so far behind in things like this. She never has tummy time because she throws up so much, if I put her on her tummy she throws up (EVERY TIME!) and rubs her face in it. So just last week, at 20 weeks, she rolled from back to front about 5 times in a row but hasn't done it since. LOL

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#3 of 10 Old 08-17-2010, 11:21 AM

wow! ds is not there yet, but i know he's thinking about it. how exciting for you guys!!
#4 of 10 Old 08-17-2010, 02:26 PM

Finn can roll from front to back and scoots himself a few inches during tummy time army-crawl style.

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
#5 of 10 Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 PM

Liam is 11 wks and he rolled over from back to front a few times on Monday then about 20x yesterday and today. He won't stay on his back hardly at all without rolling over now, but then he gets frustrated on his front, then mad when I help him get to his back again. He's changing so fast!
It's a bit tricky because he's not a lap-baby or babywearing baby at all and loved to just lie on his back...now with this new development coupled with his rejection of paci and swaddle, I'm' running out of options. There is one position he likes me to hold him in and I must be standing and moving for it to work. Any thoughts?

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#6 of 10 Old 08-19-2010, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Any thoughts?
only that this is all temporary...

Jen, L&D RN, CBE, CLEC who loves to knit.gif! I adore my modifiedartist.gifDP, treehugger.gifDD 10/98, & sweet new babygirl.gif5/10!!!
#7 of 10 Old 08-19-2010, 01:52 PM

Yay for our mobile babies!

Wyatt can roll front to back and back to front and is scoot, scoot, scooting.

My favorite thing that he does, though, is a little tummy crunch. He balls up his fists and hunches his legs and cruuuuuuuuuuuuunches his top half to his bottom half. He does this with great concentration. I love it!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#8 of 10 Old 08-21-2010, 01:24 PM

I haven't posted for awhile, but Liam seems to be "moving" a little differently. He's definitely working on rolling back to front. He's not a big tummy time fan, so the front to back attempts are non-existant. However, he does do this face plant scooch when he's on his stomach. We're working on that upper body strength He's also doing the crunches.

The funniest thing he does is at night. When he wakes to be fed, he usually managed to turn himself 90-degrees in the crib. I'm not sure what he's doing in there, but I'm halfway tempted to set up a camera and find out. He wakes from this horribly upset, but continues to do it night after night. I'm sure he'll grow out of it soon.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#9 of 10 Old 08-21-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maydaymom10 View Post
The funniest thing he does is at night. When he wakes to be fed, he usually managed to turn himself 90-degrees in the crib. I'm not sure what he's doing in there, but I'm halfway tempted to set up a camera and find out. He wakes from this horribly upset, but continues to do it night after night. I'm sure he'll grow out of it soon.
My Liam does this too. He wakes up straight across the co-sleeper (which is not that wide) w. his head pressed to one end and his legs and feet open in yoga butterfly pose on the other end. He's not too upset about it but he also started hurling himself onto his belly during the night too. Luckily it's a big thump so I can flip him back but, oh brother, it's shortening his sleep cycles.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#10 of 10 Old 08-21-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
My Liam does this too. He wakes up straight across the co-sleeper (which is not that wide) w. his head pressed to one end and his legs and feet open in yoga butterfly pose on the other end. He's not too upset about it but he also started hurling himself onto his belly during the night too. Luckily it's a big thump so I can flip him back but, oh brother, it's shortening his sleep cycles.
Must be a "Liam" thing I agree about shortening the sleep cycles. I think he would sleep much longer if he wasn't waking himself up with the turning.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page