~Spotlight on evobaby~ (Oct 7-10) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-07-2009, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
evobaby, this is YOUR thread! We'll ask questions for you to answer and you can add in anything else you'd like to share about yourself, your pregnancy, and your family. Anything at all!

Other June mamas, ask any question you like, it's all fair game. Of course, our spotlight mama can decline to answer anything that makes her uncomfortable

These first few are from our intro thread, so we can all remember who you are!
EDD:
Name:
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):
Names you like:
Birth Plans/Preferences:

And a few more so we can get to know you better!
What number pregnancy is this for you?
Have you spilled the beans yet? If so, any stories to share? If not, when and how do you plan to?
Hobbies/Interests:
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself:

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#2 of 13 Old 10-07-2009, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EDD:
Name:
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH and DD 14mo
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I think it's a girl and DH thinks it's a boy. Happy either way!

Names you like: Not sure yet. It took us a looong time to agree on DD's name
Birth Plans/Preferences: hopefully another lovely homebirth

What number pregnancy is this for you? number 2
Have you spilled the beans yet? If so, any stories to share? If not, when and how do you plan to? I've told my family (sister and parents), and some close girlfriends. Of course this means that all their husbands/partners know now too I've been trying to keep it quiet, but in reality if anything goes wrong these people are my support network.
Occupation: I used to be a Biologist, now I'm a mom and thinking about becoming a Birthing From Within teacher
Hobbies/Interests: knitting, kayaking, camping, gardening
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself: I'm a highschool dropout that went on to get a PhD!

DD 7/18/08, and a new one on the way! ETA 6/4/10
#3 of 13 Old 10-07-2009, 12:46 PM

What baby "must have" are you already looking forward to buying/borrowing/researching?

Have you started making plans for this birth? How do you hope it happens? What do you want to be the same, and what do you want to be different?

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#4 of 13 Old 10-07-2009, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My DD2 was born 4 days after your DD.

What are you excited about knitting for this babe?

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#5 of 13 Old 10-07-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnindinner View Post
What baby "must have" are you already looking forward to buying/borrowing/researching?

Have you started making plans for this birth? How do you hope it happens? What do you want to be the same, and what do you want to be different?
\

I'm hoping to get a wrap style carrier this time. Last time we had a babybjorn for the early days, and I was so relieved once she was big enough for the Ergo.

Well, I had a pretty good experience last time, with a waterbirth in my livingroom. This time I'd like to try the same again, but I'd be thrilled to avoid the unending back labour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sonja View Post
My DD2 was born 4 days after your DD.

What are you excited about knitting for this babe?

some hats, and a kimono style sweater. Last time I couldn't knit until my m/s eased off at 22 weeks. Hopefully this time I can start sooner!

#6 of 13 Old 10-07-2009, 08:22 PM

What are your thoughts on food right now (nausea, cravings, extreme hunger...). Are you scared of "morning" sickness showing up?

Is this you last child or do you plan on more?

What do you like about being a parent in Vancouver (I noticed the exclamation point so I assume you like it there)?

Single mom to E (2004) and D (2010)
#7 of 13 Old 10-07-2009, 09:34 PM

How will you stay active during your pregnancy?

Corinne, mommy to Angelina 3-06-07 and Miabella 6-4-10

#8 of 13 Old 10-07-2009, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Do you do ultrasounds? If so, are you going to find out the gender or not?

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#9 of 13 Old 10-08-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soso-lynn View Post
What are your thoughts on food right now (nausea, cravings, extreme hunger...). Are you scared of "morning" sickness showing up?

Is this you last child or do you plan on more?

What do you like about being a parent in Vancouver (I noticed the exclamation point so I assume you like it there)?
I'm terrified of morning sickness. Last time I had headsplitting 24 hour nausea for 22 weeks, and I'm really hoping it goes a little easier this time. That being said, it has started to kick in, and I'm feeling pretty nervous. I'm finding that eating All.The.Time is the only thing that helps, as well as ginger tea 3 times a day.

This might be our last child, but I wouldn't want to say absolutely no to 3.

Vancouver has lots going for it, not least is healthcare covered midwives. there's also just a ton of resources for moms and little kids/babies, and my neighbourhood in particular is having the most insane baby boom. There's always a pregnant mom, or mom with babies/toddlers to talk to on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormama View Post
How will you stay active during your pregnancy?
Good question. Last time I was so sick for the first half that I could barely move. I used to throw up after doing yoga. I'm hoping to get in some yoga regularly this time, and lots of walking and chasing after DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sonja View Post
Do you do ultrasounds? If so, are you going to find out the gender or not?
Usually I would just do the 20 week us that's offered here, but this time they want to do a dating us as well since I'm a little fuzzy on timing. That's going to be in Nov, and I'm actually looking forward to knowing that everything's okay with the little peanut. We found out the sex last time, and I think we will again this time. I liked knowing I was having a girl, and I think it helped me bond more being able to use the gender specific pronoun instead of 'it'.

#10 of 13 Old 10-08-2009, 10:29 PM

Hi, Evobaby!

What inspired you to want to look into being a Birthing From Within teacher? I don't know anything about the program and I would love to learn more.
#11 of 13 Old 10-09-2009, 02:53 AM

When you're feelig pretty rubbish, what is your comfort?
#12 of 13 Old 10-11-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shachar613 View Post
Hi, Evobaby!

What inspired you to want to look into being a Birthing From Within teacher? I don't know anything about the program and I would love to learn more.
Sorry for the delayed response! Canadian Thanksgiving, and feeling like hurling have been keeping me busy...

I read the BFW book when I was pregnant 1st time. I really liked the message, so we signed up for the classes. They blew us away, and we came away from them with a better understanding of what it might take to get through labour. My husband found it especially helpful. Anyway, the basic message is that you do what you have to do to get through. If that's rocking and moaning and swearing, that's totally fine. It's all about being okay with what has to happen to get your baby out. I'm not really describing it super well just now, but I'll try again another time...

#13 of 13 Old 10-11-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laangel View Post
When you're feelig pretty rubbish, what is your comfort?
Usually a book and a beer or a glass of wine. Lately of course it's more like a warm bath and a book. Lol! Napping is good too

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page