so angry with dh! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi everyone! i'll introduce myself in a minute, i just really need a place to imaginary yell at my husband!!
I mean, you probably all know how EVERYTHING smells bad, right?
So what does dh think is a good idea? Cook a giant piece of HAM while I am sleeping!
So that I wake up to a stinking house & now can't even go to pee because I can not leave the bedroom!
I am so angry!
I mean, yes, you could argue he was probably trying to help by cooking it while I wasn't around, but everything just smells so much worse right after waking up, & now my lovely home smells like pig on fire!
argh!!!!
#2 of 14 Old 10-27-2009, 02:32 PM

the sympathetic pregnant part of me is going "bleh! Bad husband!!!"

the tired married part of me is going "wow. I wish my husband would cook once in a while"

Ever try smelling something really strong like vicks vaporub or rubbing alcohol to kinda burn out your sense of smell before you make a run to the bathroom?

good luck

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#3 of 14 Old 10-27-2009, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I feel your pain, Mimi! My husband loves cooking bacon, which is bad enough, but then for the next couple of days he cooks everything in the leftover bacon grease because he doesn't want to be wasteful. Memo: IT'S OKAY TO THROW THE BACON GREASE OUT IF IT MEANS YOUR WIFE DOESN'T PUKE ON YOU!

Oh, and my advice - put a couple drops of an essential oil that doesn't make you sick on a handkerchief or washcloth and hold to your nose until you can spray some air freshener or light a scented candle or incense and open some windows to get the smell out.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#4 of 14 Old 10-27-2009, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

i sprayed my way to the bathroom with "flower" by kenzo, it's the strongest perfume i have . at least i don't need to pee anymore.
thanks for the vick idea , i will pick some up tomorrow, i remember from when i was a child how strong it smells!
thanks!

ps// he's not cooking that for me!
#5 of 14 Old 10-27-2009, 02:57 PM

Hmm, I have a little trouble feeling sympathetic. I had a cold a couple weeks ago, and my nose is still fairly congested. And I can't take any meds! I'd take smelling ham over smelling nothing and not breathing through my nose!

Hopefully you live someplace warm enough where you can open windows?

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#6 of 14 Old 10-27-2009, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

i will gladly take your cold & send this stiny ham your way
giant spiders are sadly in season, our windows are sealed up.
i turned on the hoover , hoovered up some washing poweder & left it on for a couple of minutes to filter the air. it's better now.
#7 of 14 Old 10-27-2009, 03:15 PM

When I was pregnant with DD my DH would cook fried baloney! I vomitted multiple times that day. He never did that again, thank goodness!
#8 of 14 Old 10-27-2009, 07:17 PM

My DH is a home brewer. Ever smell beer brewing? Hurl! And on Friday night he chopped an onion he was going to grill out with the guys the next day... I had to leave the house. Awful.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#9 of 14 Old 10-27-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed2bmommy View Post
When I was pregnant with DD my DH would cook fried baloney! I vomitted multiple times that day. He never did that again, thank goodness!
See, now THAT is just gross. Ham is at least yummy!

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#10 of 14 Old 10-27-2009, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

the only thing baby will let me "eat" is strawberry milk, so really anything other than that ends with me throwing up.
never smelled beer brewing, but if it smells anything like kwass i don't envy you!!
#11 of 14 Old 10-28-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnindinner View Post
My DH is a home brewer. Ever smell beer brewing? Hurl! And on Friday night he chopped an onion he was going to grill out with the guys the next day... I had to leave the house. Awful.
He brews beer while you're pregnant? He does it in the house? Srsly, that's grounds for divorce! It smells bad enough when you're not pregnant!

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#12 of 14 Old 10-28-2009, 11:02 AM

Oh how I hate this enhanced sense of smell. Last night my DH was eating chips and french onion dip. I asked him to sit somewhere else while he ate it. But I could still smell it. And when he was done, the empty container was on the kitchen counter and everytime I walked by I could smell it and it made me so sick. I told him so far he is not allowed to have beer or dip. He says by the time this is over he will be living on bread and water.

Angela married to the love of my life Mommy to Summer Hailey and Evan
#13 of 14 Old 11-06-2009, 01:33 PM

i feel like one of the X-men--our powers are also our curse!

I reminded my DH (who is normally so sweet and sensitive that I think he was a woman in his previous life) that I was having a lots of problems with smells. He replied, "Okay baby, I'm going to do the dishes and clean out the fridge after dinner so you don't have to be grossed out when you're in the kitchen". As I'm falling in love with him all over again, he sets a platter of uncooked salmon and seared eggplant right in front of me.

What could I say without sounding like the worst wife on the planet?! I just kept my mouth closed and thanked him for being so conscientious. Hopefully Santa was watching
#14 of 14 Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 PM

My DH bought a different brand of body wash. I can't STAND IT!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page