~SPOTLIGHT~ on Buzzer Beater (Nov 15-18) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2009, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Buzzer Beater, this is YOUR thread! We'll ask questions for you to answer and you can add in anything else you'd like to share about yourself, your pregnancy, and your family. Anything at all!

Other June mamas, ask any question you like, it's all fair game. Of course, our spotlight mama can decline to answer anything that makes her uncomfortable

These first few are from our intro thread, so we can all remember who you are!
EDD: June 7
Name: Sara
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, DD18
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): none... DH wants a boy
Names you like: not really any yet, boys names are especially hard.
Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth!
Anything else you'd like to share: I had an egg donor transfer on 9/14, due to ovarian failure... they're tired at my age!

And a few more so we can get to know you better!
What number pregnancy is this for you?
Have you spilled the beans yet? If so, any stories to share? If not, when and how do you plan to?
Hobbies/Interests:
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself:

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2009, 07:20 PM

These first few are from our intro thread, so we can all remember who you are!
EDD: June 7
Name: Sara
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH, DD18
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): none... DH wants a boy
Names you like: not really any yet, boys names are especially hard.
Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth!
Anything else you'd like to share: I had an egg donor transfer on 9/14, due to ovarian failure... they're tired at my age!

And a few more so we can get to know you better!
What number pregnancy is this for you? 2

Have you spilled the beans yet? If so, any stories to share? If not, when and how do you plan to? We've told very few people so far... just told my mom yesterday and thankfully that went well. She's 82! DD doesn't know yet.

Occupation: Not employed at the moment, thanks to the economy, and I'm not complaining. Some days all I have the energy to do is be pregnant.

Hobbies/Interests: gardening, skiing, hiking. my favorite thing to do is scuba, but not much chance of that around here.

Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself: hmmm I'm not too weird, but I do naked snow dance every year on the back deck and it works.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:46 PM

How do you think your daughter will react? When you are working, what do you do? And based on your screen name, are you a basketball fan?

I have a friend who did a summer internship in Montana. It is beautiful! Although it seems to snow a lot!

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
Old 11-15-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnindinner View Post
How do you think your daughter will react? When you are working, what do you do? And based on your screen name, are you a basketball fan?
I _think_ my daughter will be excited... I want to tell her in person, so have to wait til she comes home from school at Christmas, and that seems soooo long to keep it from her.
When I am working I have done assorted things, most of my adult life I owned a retail business, and recently did therapeutic horticulture with disabled adults which I loved... I have no clients now. I'd like to go back to school and get my master's in hort.
Oh, and no basketball, I was hoping to beat my biological buzzer with my own eggs, but didn't work out that way. A bit of a cocky screen name for what it meant and me being in my 40's. But I was hopeful!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

I think that's a neat screenname. Sorry you weren't able to "beat the buzzer", but it's still wonderful that you were able to get pregnant. Do you know the donor?

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
Old 11-15-2009, 10:30 PM

We don't know the donor... just read about her and saw her pictures up until about 8 years old. She's 24, and I am very thankful for her. Luckily, we got pg on our very first try.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:05 PM

Oh, I am just so jealous of where you live. I don't really have a question per se, but I'd love for you to describe where you live. Even if it's the city, it's still cool.

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

Old 11-15-2009, 11:46 PM

Well we live in a small town, nice college town where dh works as a professor. You can see mountains 360 degrees around us, and we can be on the (downhill) slopes in 20 minutes, or my favorite cross country with a view. We're also spoiled by being about an hour and a half from Yellowstone, and we ski down there a dozen or so times a winter. I think our town is a bit conservative as is most of Montana, but the people are lovely and look out for each other. I vistited here in Jan '93 and had moved here by May from Seattle area. It's a great place to raise kids. My dh is from upstate ny.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:40 AM

One of my sorority sisters in college's mom had a baby while my friend was in college. We all thought it was fantastic!

I am glad it worked for donor eggs.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
Old 11-16-2009, 02:49 AM

What if anything is different being pregnant now as to being pregnant 19 years ago?

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

Old 11-16-2009, 03:46 AM

montana is gorgeous. like Nebraska only with good views

wife since 1992; mom to: J 7-95; H 5-98; C 2-03; S 4-05; Micah Zachary born still UC 4-08; UM 9-08; due June 2010
Old 11-16-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaSedai View Post
What if anything is different being pregnant now as to being pregnant 19 years ago?
Physically I am quite tired compared to the first time, but I feel so much better on the morning sickness. I had hyperemesis with dd the entire time.

I feel a lot more secure about labor and birth... I didn't know a thing, didn't read a thing with dd and ended up induced, 3 days of labor, 4 hours of pushing, c/s. Pretty much ruined my marriage as my husband badgered me to sign the papers for surgery and finally walked out on me. This time I have read everything I can about vbac and have a very supportive dh.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:38 PM

My parents lived in Missoula for a while (my sister was born there).. I think people in Alaska and Montana have a lot in common.. have you found this to be true?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post
My parents lived in Missoula for a while (my sister was born there).. I think people in Alaska and Montana have a lot in common.. have you found this to be true?
I'd like to think so, as we have a positive image of Alaskans here, sort of a frontier mentality and strength even for the city people. We're also proud of the beauty and bounty of our state, but I can imagine there is no more gorgeous place in the US than Alaska! If you love mountains that is...

User Tag List