baby name Opinion.....Cash - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 11-26-2009, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really like it... but then I also like Johnny Cash. I don't think I'd get away with using it or anything so different, as my DH is pretty conservative namewise (especially for boys)... but I think its very, very cute!

People will always have their opinions anyway... but once a child is named, the name becomes theirs and its the right name after a couple days.

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#32 of 39 Old 11-28-2009, 01:18 AM

I love it.
#33 of 39 Old 11-29-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe196 View Post
I like the name Cash, I like Cash Milo and it doesn't make me think of money... Dollar wouldn't be great
I agree. Cash Milo is a very nice name!
#34 of 39 Old 11-30-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinemama View Post
It sounds tawdry and tacky to me. No shaking the money association.

I don't agree that it's in the same category as Bill (derived from the actual name William) or Mark, which is also a traditional name. Chance I'm not sure of - are people actually using that for a child's name?

To me, there is no other association for Cash than money. Or the last name, as in Johnny Cash, but the only possible reason I can think of for choosing that is if he were a relative of yours.

Sorry.

I agree with this.
#35 of 39 Old 12-01-2009, 12:34 AM

Well this caught my eye, I thought maybe you were offering cash for the winner of the best name. LOL!

I love the name Cash, I think it is strong and I do like the association with the very human and yet amazing Jonny Cash.

Of course, my name is Paige, so people think that is unusual and kids made fun of it when I was little...then came Knotts Landing...thank goodness .

No seriously, I think all children and people will find a way to have fun with anyone's name...just go with your gut.

Our sons name was a name we first saw on the sign of a funeral home and for the entire pregnancy we couldn't see ourselves using it...but when we saw him it became clear that it was his name...so now it is just a good story.
#36 of 39 Old 12-01-2009, 09:10 PM

How about using the name but changing the spelling to Cache? Just a thought!

Married to my best friendhug.gif, homeschool.gif  homeschooling my 3 monkeysjumpers.gifin between dishes.gif andwash.gif! Growing number 41sttri.gif and taking care of my 17chicken3.gif and my milk cow and her calf. Not too much time for violin.gifanymore... but I find time to  reading.gif and napsleepytime.gifand I love my happy familygrouphug.gif

#37 of 39 Old 12-04-2009, 01:45 AM

I know a great little kid named Cassius but they always call him Cash. His brother's name is Rocco and they call him Rocky. They are the cutest little blond boys and their parents are all tattooed and own a bar! Nice family.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#38 of 39 Old 12-04-2009, 01:58 AM

DD crashing. I like it, but it sounds like a nickname to me. If there's anything like Cassius, Caspian, Casper that it could possibly be a nickname for that you like, I would give the child a longer full name.

Not a very unusual name, but we knew DD would be Evie, Ava, Eve, Evi or similar before we figured out her longer name. I've since met a woman named Avenelle and I think that's a fabulous name to then nickname Ava.

Happy with my DH, 2 kids, dog, fish, and frogs
#39 of 39 Old 12-06-2009, 11:12 PM

I like the sound of it very much. I like the association with Johnny. But coming from SE Florida...I just cringe at the money aspect. I had a classmate when I was a kid whose parents nicknamed her Doller (Dollar?...sounds the same anyway); her name was nowhere near that.

Life just revolves around what you have and how much you can flaunt it here and Cash is just way too involved for me.

Sorry.

Vegan Momma to DD1 (4.5) and DD2 (1.5). Gardening, creating, cooking and hoping for a change of scenery soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page