Who's been shopping already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-13-2009, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And what have you gotten?

We decided there are two things that for sure we want new, so we got them this weekend at a local store having a big sale.

Car seat- we got the Chicco KeyFit 30 based on consumer reports reviews. It's not bad looking and easy to get in and out of the car. Well, with no baby in it anyway.
Diapers- 18 Fuzzi Bunz one-size. They are huge tho, so trying to decide what to use for maybe the first few weeks. We got an assortment of colors, no pink, if we have a girl she can just deal with blue.

Anyone else blowing your Christmas budget on babe?
#2 of 14 Old 12-13-2009, 07:40 PM

If this were my first baby, I would be on the shopping bandwagon right there with you! I loved doing all of the product research on items I had never even considered before. Oh, the hours I spent considering strollers! Since this is #3, however, I am not spending a dime until this baby shows him/herself. I have too much baby gear as it is!

Have fun on your spree! By the way, the BOB strollers really are the best despite their slightly larger profile. SO worth it, IMO.

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#3 of 14 Old 12-13-2009, 09:44 PM

Nothing yet but I'm waiting on the gender, because I'm anal like that. I don't really use a stroller with DD, and so the only big purchase I'm going to make is a few slings.

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#4 of 14 Old 12-13-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommariffic View Post
I don't really use a stroller with DD, and so the only big purchase I'm going to make is a few slings.
Mamariffic, I was the same way when I had dd1. It was so much easier to wear her that I rarely used my long-sought stroller. When I finally did use it at 9 months preggo, dd1 was nearly 2 years old and I realized that I hated that stroller! With two tiny tots, I use my double Bob Revolution all of the time now so that I can get exercise. I bought it when dd2 was 7 months old so that I could train for a 1/2 marathon without getting my in-laws to watch the girls. I have put so many miles on that baby, let me tell you! It's also great for zoo/park trips. Certainly the double stroller is not for quick shopping trips, but that's when I can sling the wee one and have the toddler go in the cart or walk. When I need some items at the grocery store, I can walk down there and come back with one seat full of groceries. I love that thing.

For my newby, I plan on sewing a couple of new pouch slings and a structured mei tei. My all-time favorite baby gear item is the Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch. That is usable well into the toddler years. I confess that I have copied her pattern and made several of them for friends!

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#5 of 14 Old 12-14-2009, 03:03 PM

Nothing yet here... I am also waiting on the gender. I am holding off donating DS's outgrown clothes though, just in case.

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#6 of 14 Old 12-14-2009, 04:03 PM

Nothing here up till today because I didn't have anything in mind that I would need. Today I found a Good deal on diapers @ the grocery store and did some stocking up though

Married to my best friendhug.gif, homeschool.gif  homeschooling my 3 monkeysjumpers.gifin between dishes.gif andwash.gif! Growing number 41sttri.gif and taking care of my 17chicken3.gif and my milk cow and her calf. Not too much time for violin.gifanymore... but I find time to  reading.gif and napsleepytime.gifand I love my happy familygrouphug.gif

#7 of 14 Old 12-14-2009, 05:24 PM

I've been making a list just so I can be sure that I don't forget anything but not buying anything yet. We don't need much since we co-sleep and babywear, but I do need a few things like a changing pad, diaper pail, thermometer, carseat, some onesies and cloth diapers. I already have my favorite slings but this time I think I'm going to add a mesh sling for the pool. My in-laws are going to help out on the carseat but the rest is up to us. Starting next month I think I'm going to get one or two things each month so I can enjoy nesting little bits at a time.
#8 of 14 Old 12-14-2009, 05:47 PM

Not to much yet, just a few little outfits form the thrift stores. I still have 4-5 plastic bins of baby clothes in the attic! I have been fighting the urge to get them down and take a look. Plus I have loads of cloth diapers.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#9 of 14 Old 12-14-2009, 09:35 PM

Today I stopped in at a Hangars (clearance place of odds and ends where they rip out the brand name tag) and I spent $81 on a pair of jeans, black dress pants, two capris, a long khaki skirt, a pretty top, and two cute baby onsies! I TOTALLY have to check out other Hangars, I haven't bothered to look in years but now that I know they have maternity clothes
#10 of 14 Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 AM

I put an xsmall fuzzibunz from the consignment bin on Saturday.
I haven't really bought maternity this time around though since I bought a TON last summer when I was pregnant.
#11 of 14 Old 12-15-2009, 03:41 PM

I have bought a few maternity things, since I really hated what I had. As far as baby stuff, we have a ton, and kids of both genders, so won't need much. I was fingering some ultra-soft boppy covers at pottery barn kids today...that might be a little splurge update once we find out the gender. I think I'll get a double jog stroller too, as dd really won't be old enough to enable me to go for real walks w/her and the baby. That's sort of it for me...

Katherine mother to DS 8/03 and DD1 9/06 and DD2 6/10
#12 of 14 Old 12-15-2009, 06:11 PM

I have already started buying and wearing maternity clothes, but I have not gotten anything for the baby yet. I am waiting to find out the gender at the end of February. Also, I'm not quite sure what I "need" yet. I don't want to spend money on a bunch of "have to haves" and then not use them. I plan on cosleeping, breastfeeding, and babywearing so I think that cuts down on a lot of products one "needs".

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#13 of 14 Old 12-15-2009, 06:53 PM

We found an awesome swing on clearance at Target a few weeks ago, right after we got the bfp. Our swing was OLD, we got it as a gift when our first was born 10 years ago. We used it for our 3 kids, my brother's 3 kids, and lent it out once in between. We use the swing a LOT. I've never really gotten the hang of babywearing and my dh will hopefully be a SAHD if I can find a job shortly after this one is born. Otherwise, I don't think I've bought too much. We still have a unisex baby carrier and double stroller that I bought while pregnant 2 years ago. I have about ten 18 gallon totes of clothes per gender. We have the bassinette for the first few months and dd2 will be transitioning out of the crib before Baby needs it. I'm honestly not sure what we need. I'm a packrat, so even though I got rid of a ton of our baby stuff this summer before we moved, we still have more than enough.

That doesn't mean I won't buy if I see cute clothes or baby stuff at the thrift stores or outlet mall.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#14 of 14 Old 12-16-2009, 12:42 PM

Nothing yet! My Mom bought some unisex newborn nightgowns after my first u/s, and my sister bought some silly I Love Mommy & Daddy bibs.

I did just spend a whole lot of time researching the Kangaroo Korner website though. Never "babywore" before, but I really, really would like to with this one, so all the research I can do is helpful!

I am planning to buy some new pants (FOR ME!) today. Due to m/s (which has finally tapered some) I've lost weight in my butt and thighs, which makes all my pants very saggy - that combined with my expanding waist makes for an interesting fit! I just need some stretchy in-between pants... hope I can find some!

For baby... well, we'll definitely start buying once we find out gender in January or February!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page