It's a........ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After 3 beautiful baby girls, we found out this morning that we are having a baby

GIRL

Dh is actually very happy and quite relieved I think. Just stinks when people act like we should have wanted something else. When the sonographer rolled across those 3 little lines, her first words were"oh I'm sorry guys, it's a girl". I quickly corrected her and made her feel bad by saying we actually were hoping(and pretty much knew it was!) for a girl!! Now, onto the girl names. So far, it's Sara Skye( and we'll call her Skye) or Maya Skye(my fav!)

: and 3 dd's (5, 4, 17 mos) and anticipating Michaela Skye (after my late daddy Michael.) May 26th 2010
#2 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 02:53 PM

That is so fantastic! I have 3 sisters and LOVE IT!

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#3 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 03:20 PM

Congratulations! I like Sara Skye...Alliterations work well for names. Although, I am partial to Sarah with an H, mostly because that's how my name is spelled .
#4 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 03:51 PM

Congratulations. I like Sara Skye as well. It goes well together. I know how you feel about not being upset that you're having another girl. I have two wonderful girls and I would not be upset if I have another one. Now my DF he would be upset. LOL But would accept it. He just doesn't get girls and I don't get boys. LOL Congratulations again...I know you are very excited.

Gina: Wife to BrandonMommy to Azlea Noel 1-7-04, Valerie Raelle 9-28-05 and Merrick Lux born 5-29-10. S/m to Riley 6-27-02[/COLOR]
#5 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 04:10 PM

Congratulations Mama! Love both your names!

Working mama to a wonderful baby girl. Married to a really sweet guy. Just trying to do my best.

#6 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 04:29 PM

CONGRATS!! I am a mama of 4 girls, and it is WONDERFUL!!! We are expecting another girl, and will be shocked if it happens to be a boy! I get you on the comments...I wish people would keep their rudeness in check and say NICE things!!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#7 of 14 Old 12-21-2009, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by at_the_hip View Post
CONGRATS!! I am a mama of 4 girls, and it is WONDERFUL!!! We are expecting another girl, and will be shocked if it happens to be a boy! I get you on the comments...I wish people would keep their rudeness in check and say NICE things!!

4 girls huh??! Well you have to keep me posted on what the next one is. I swear some people just make a certain sex, lol! I am so happy though. Dh and I really only had girl names picked out. I think we wanted a boy in the beginning BECAUSE of all the stupid comments. I am happy to have more pink in the house Makes things that much easier. Now...I am may be singing a different tune when they are all teenagers!!

: and 3 dd's (5, 4, 17 mos) and anticipating Michaela Skye (after my late daddy Michael.) May 26th 2010
#8 of 14 Old 12-22-2009, 12:29 AM

Congrats! I love the name Skye! Wish we could use it, but with the last name of Walker, I nixed the Skye option... ;-)

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#9 of 14 Old 12-22-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaisy View Post
Congrats! I love the name Skye! Wish we could use it, but with the last name of Walker, I nixed the Skye option... ;-)
ROTFL!!!!! Sorry but this is hilarious!!

And Congratulations juleslane!! How exciting! I am envious I have to say....

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#10 of 14 Old 12-22-2009, 03:37 PM

Congratulations!

We've got 2 boys and EVERYONE keeps saying "We'll say girl prayers!" and my son says we are having 2 girls and my inlaws said "Oh no, you don't want twins..." and honestly, I just want a LIVING BABY after our loss...boy, girl, one of each, doesn't matter to me! People just don't think before they speak sometimes...

Vallere: Blessed Wife, Doula, Homeschool Mom to Ian Gray(11/20/05), Zollie Isaac(10/14/07), Anna Zophia (8/14/09):, and a GIRL coming June 2010!
#11 of 14 Old 12-22-2009, 04:10 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

DH and I are absolutely in LOVE with our 2 girls!! While we ultimately want a healthy baby this time around, we would be elated if it is a girl! Actually, deep down, we KNOW she is a girl. We've been referring to the baby as SHE.

I too get ticked when people think we're disappointed for having all girls. GIRLS RULE! I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Congrats again!

KelleyMom
DD 4
DD 2
#12 of 14 Old 12-23-2009, 04:52 PM

Congrats mama!!

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#13 of 14 Old 12-23-2009, 05:01 PM

I love having girls and wouldn't be disappointed in the least if #3 turns out to be one as well. How fun to have two sisters!

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#14 of 14 Old 12-23-2009, 10:20 PM

Congratulations!!! I have four sisters and it is the best!! People used to take pity on my father when they found out he had five daughters...and they would make comments in front of us girls. My parents always said that they wouldn't have it any other way

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page