4th pregnancy, Bx starting early - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 01-19-2010, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used to look forward to Bx starting. Now here they are, and I don't know why I want them. They just make me feel like my lower half is set in cement. Really, this could have waited til the 3rd trimester.

:endvent

Andrea, daughter of the King, wife of Neil, Mama to Jackson 7/4/05 Nicholas 12/21/06 Ezekiel 5/9/08 and due June 14!
#2 of 14 Old 01-19-2010, 06:01 AM

I am the same. 4th pregnancy and when they started I was shocked. Hard tummy is very difficult to sleep on.

Shelly (34), mumma to H (01), C (03), and M (05), and A (10).  Crunchy, co-sleeping, cloth, babywearing hippy!!
#3 of 14 Old 01-19-2010, 07:27 AM

This is my 2nd, they started at 8 weeks for me! Obviously not as annoying early on, but i too have those moments when i'm putting laundry in the machine and suddenly feel like i've got a bowling ball to bend around....

Three cheers for strong uterus's and easy labours? Hip hip.....?
#4 of 14 Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 AM

This is my 4th as well and they started around 9 or 10 weeks....I have gotten them really bad with all of them, they are SOOOOO annoying!!!
#5 of 14 Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 AM

Is it terrible for me to say I'm happy to read others are having the same?

This is my 2nd pgcy, but DD's was 7 long years ago. I didn't get them with her until well past 30 weeks.

This time around mild ones started after 12 or 13 weeks, and I've been getting good, stop in your tracks ones, since this past Wednesday. Needless to say, they really freaked me out!

Yesterday I had 4 or 5, and just felt like my uterus and the baby were doing some sort of really angry dance by evening time . I did end up calling the doctors office this morning. The nurse told me to DRINK, DRINK, DRINK. My 20 oz water bottle, which I "maybe" fill 3 times a day, should be filled (and drank) 6-8 times a day.

Okay, well, that's an easy enough fix. I really hope they improve. It was making me pretty nervous yesterday. I'm glad I have an appointment next Monday!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#6 of 14 Old 01-19-2010, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBecGo View Post
Three cheers for strong uterus's and easy labours? Hip hip.....?
Hooray!

I appreciate them, but I still don't like them.

Andrea, daughter of the King, wife of Neil, Mama to Jackson 7/4/05 Nicholas 12/21/06 Ezekiel 5/9/08 and due June 14!
#7 of 14 Old 01-19-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anstar View Post
Hooray!

I appreciate them, but I still don't like them.
Ha, no i TOTALLY hear you, i just have a pollyanna hat on today What doesn't kill me will make me faster (at birthing) is my mantra today. I'm packing to move house and having a ton of bh ctx today.
#8 of 14 Old 01-19-2010, 08:15 PM

Oooh, I am totally in the "this is my 4th baby and they are driving me INSANE" club. The other day it was off and on all day long. I couldn't even sit comfortably, let alone bend over. I generally sleep in kind of a supported stomach position well into my 7th month, so if I have to stop that already before 18 weeks, it is going to bug me.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#9 of 14 Old 01-19-2010, 09:15 PM

I don't remember when they started with my first but man, am I uncomfortable now. I didn't think I knew what they would feel like but tonight, I am totally sure. It's such a relief to know everyone else is having them, too. Someone said lots of water helps - anything else?
#10 of 14 Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 PM

I am glad I'm not the only who is having them...I thought they started so early with this one. They cause my back and hips to lock up and I walk around like Robo cop. My DH laughs because I can be chasing the kids then suddenly start looking wierd...I told him that next time I have one I am going to punch him in the gut, see if he enjoys the feeling. LOL he laughed at me saying I dare you, when you are having them you can barely move!! lol

~Marla~
CoSleeping, BabyWearing, Breastfeeding, PT Cding

🐢🐢A new little turtle is about to join our crazy part of the ocean!!!🐢🐢
lactivist.gif
#11 of 14 Old 01-20-2010, 01:57 PM

I'm on my 5th and they do start earlier and earlier each pregnancy and the afterpains after the birth seem to get worse and worse. Not fun!

S Momma to:8:5:4:1.5 and: May 29 2010 loving wife to C:
:::: ::: formally mom_2_3_girls
#12 of 14 Old 01-20-2010, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Same here...second pregnancy.
#13 of 14 Old 01-21-2010, 01:53 AM

Me too! They were bugging me today in the late afternoon. They seem to get going by that time or by evening at least. And I have to say, BH are not totally painless! I'm thinking they must get more intense with each pg, because I don't remember them being quite as hard last time.

Gayle, mom to Reagan and Ryan, 09/15/03, Cade, 12/08/05 and sweet Josiah, 05/23/10-07/16/10
#14 of 14 Old 01-26-2010, 06:12 PM

With my first pregnancy, I totally didn't notice having any braxton hicks contractions, or actual contractions for that matter until I was induced. However, before they started the pitocin I had been walking around for about a week 3 cm dialated and 80% effaced, so something must have been going on! I remember that almost immediately after they started the drip, I was like, "Oh! So that's what a contraction feels like!"

The other day, (after an AM session with my husband) I had a couple of slightly painful bh, which totally caught me off gaurd! I'm guessing since I have now gone through labor, I'll actually be aware of them this time around.

Married since August of '05 to my wonderful husband, David. Mother to Ellaina (3/9/07) and waiting for Abigail to arrive June of 2010.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page