Strollers - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've tried just about every type of stroller out there and the winner, hands-down is a simple & small umbrella stroller. It's compact, light, travels well, inexpensive, & easy to use. Other strollers or stroller systems were too large for our compact cars or were difficult to handle and use.

But honestly, I found my investment in baby carriers far, FAR better and useful. You just cannot beat the ease of wearing a baby/toddler with you. I do tons of walking in my area, but almost never use a stroller. The only time we really got out the stroller is when we traveled - which is why the umbrella stroller worked best for us.
#32 of 40 Old 02-24-2010, 01:38 AM

I have a Phil and Ted e3 with the second seat and I LOVE it! My DH loves it as well. Steers great folds nicely and you have the option on the second seat. This will be baby # 5 for me and my youngest is 18 months so that second is perfect for us. I have had the stroller since my second child was born and the customer service is great I had a small tear called them and they send me an entire new set of fabric for the whole stroller! Good luck on your search for the perfect stroller

S Momma to:8:5:4:1.5 and: May 29 2010 loving wife to C:
:::: ::: formally mom_2_3_girls
#33 of 40 Old 03-07-2010, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I know this is an older thread, but I'm just catching up this weekend, lol.

My vote is the Peg Perego umbrella-type stroller. Mine is a Pliko P3 (which I think they've replaced some newer version). It is bigger than those little cheapo umbrellas, but it folds down very nicely and fits easily into the trunk of a smallish car, but it is very sturdy. It has a wonderful cup-and-snack-holder tray or you can switch it to a bar to put the car seat in. It's stylish and it steers so nicely. It has a nice-size basket underneath, and you can add one of those after-market mommy-drink-holders to the handles. It's also light-weight, which would be good for going up-hill. My beef with other strollers I tried was that the big ones were too bulky and didn't always steer well, but the little cheapo umbrellas didn't steer well and I felt like my DS was all exposed without any cover or protection. This stroller has the really nice hood which goes all the way down to the tray, and the seat has multiple up/back positions. It has arm rests, an adjustable foot rest, and I've never been embarrassed pushing it in the mall.

It is more expensive than some others, but I thought it was worth it after I did all the research. I will say, though, that I bought mine 3 years ago or so, so there may be newer, better strollers on the market now that I haven't considered. But I won't be buying another, since mine is still in top shape (or will be once I wash the seat cover). Oh, and it has a stand-on platform near the handles for older DS (he's 4, so I think it'll be perfect for when this one is born). We used it a little when he was younger and would want out of the stroller but I didn't want him running around. I'd let him stand on the back & I'd just put the bags in the seat to keep it from tipping.

Just my 2 cents.

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#34 of 40 Old 03-07-2010, 02:26 PM

Just got my Phil and Teds last week and LOVING it. DS loves it too...Pish Posh baby had a deal where you could get the second seat for free...

S, mama to boy M(6/07) and baby girl R(7/10). We do all the good natural family living stuff!
#35 of 40 Old 03-10-2010, 10:00 PM

I recently bought a Mountain Buggy Urban Double. Steers itself!! Its quite pricey, but it fits through narrow doorways everywhere. I bring it to the park because the parks I go to have rough terrain. Its effortless to push.

homeschooling mama to 4
/ec'ing/cd'ing too!
#36 of 40 Old 03-11-2010, 02:01 PM

Well, I bought a Mia Moda atmosferra

http://www.miamodainc.com/strollers/atmosferra.asp

I liked it because it was forward facing and rear facing.. and looked sturdier than the Graco flip it. Other reversible strollers were a LOT more money.

I ended up paying about $50 in shipping, but all the "free shipping" deals are a lie.
#37 of 40 Old 03-16-2010, 01:53 PM

totally DDC from july....my dh and i decided on the uppababy as well :-) one of my SILs had the bugaboo, ended up selling it when baby #2 came along, got the BOB, it was too big for her very small trunk, and she now has a bumbleride double. i was hoping to avoid 3 strollers, so really did a ton of research. my other SIL has the uppababy vista and after testing tons of strollers one saturday, we agreed with her! the one thing i think is rather clumsy about it is the folding mechanism. i am in LOVE with how the orbit folds. so nice and easy.

however, the uppa has so many great options for baby #2, and they are a great, small, family owned company which i like supporting.

married to DH for 5 yrs, ds born at home 6/26/10
#38 of 40 Old 03-16-2010, 02:08 PM

I am really jealous of those of you that can go and "test drive" strollers.. I tried, and there were only a couple of stores where this was possible (ie had strollers in stock) and of those only 1 had the features I was looking for as a minimum.. I ended up having to order my stroller based solely on the list of features and price, without getting to "try it out".. ah well, I love where I live- I am willing to put up with this stuff, I guess
#39 of 40 Old 04-16-2010, 12:53 AM

Whoo hooo! My Mia Moda arrived today! It is pretty nifty! I love that baby can face me, but it has stuff I didn't think it had! like lots of little pockets (plus the cargo space below), adjustable height handle, 5 pt harness.. I love it! I am so glad I didn't buy the graco flip it.. I was going to buy that one because at least I could get it locally without spending $700 on one of the higher end ones that I could order from a local boutique.. and it did take some research to find someone that would ship the mia moda to me, but I LOVE it! I wish it was pink, but oh well.. I can deal with red.

it was a snap to put together too.. extend the handle, snap the wheels and splash guard on.. lower the seat into place, and snap the canopy and snack tray on. I didn't even need tools.
#40 of 40 Old 04-16-2010, 02:19 AM

Whichever stroller you choose, make sure the sunshade comes down far enough to actually shield the baby from sun! I have a Quinny and the sunshade only blocks the sun if the sun is behind you - this has caused me to take many a temper-tantrum on the stroller!!! I'm pretty sure they had the technology to make the shade more moveable when I was a kid....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page