Hi, my name is Tracy and I never wanna have sex again! - Mothering Forums
June 2010 > Hi, my name is Tracy and I never wanna have sex again!
mommariffic's Avatar mommariffic 12:01 AM 02-14-2010
...seriously

My first pregnancy I was like some hormone ridden beast who was forcing her husband to have sex...and now? This pregnancy? Nope. If he comes near me I'm ready, claws out, to tell him to get the heck away thank you very much .

Anyone else feel this way? I'm just..never, not even remotely in the mood. I'd rather be um sleeping or reading

icy02's Avatar icy02 01:16 AM 02-14-2010
I am hardly ever in the mood. After several nights of dissapointing my husband (which can actually be week (s) as he is only home 2 nights/week) I feel like I should 'try' to get in the mood for him. If he complains about how often we are DTD I just remind him it will be a lot worse when the new baby is here I would probably be ok with no sex until the baby is several months old!
Mamja's Avatar Mamja 01:28 AM 02-14-2010
We rarely try. Not because of pg, but because of the toddler who seems to have horrible timing
bjorker's Avatar bjorker 03:36 AM 02-14-2010
I've definitely gone back and forth. I remember being terribly disinterested when pg with dd, and so far it's been pretty similar. Until now! I've really been hit with hormones lately that are affecting me in all different ways, and that is one of the ways. dp was all kinds of pleased when he got home from work last night.

I think it's all normal, from being repulsed to being a sex-craved monster, and everything in between.
MCatLvrMom2A&X's Avatar MCatLvrMom2A&X 03:38 AM 02-14-2010
DDC crashing but reading your post sent me back in time

With my dd poor dh was hiding from me but with ds I could care less about dtd it just wasnt important.
whozeyermamma's Avatar whozeyermamma 02:32 PM 02-14-2010
Ha!

So funny - momarific - gotta ask - are you having a boy or a girl? And what was it the first time?

With my PG with my daughter - I was an ANIMAL. Like literally 2 -3 times a day was not enough. We did it two days before DD was born when I was enormous. This time, with a boy, my sex drive is nil.

BUT that said, when I do get myself going - the sex is outrageously good. So I keep reminding DH that it's quality not quantity!
monarch27's Avatar monarch27 02:46 PM 02-14-2010
I definitely notice having less of a sex drive. My orgasms are less intense as well : ( This is my third pregnancy and it's the first time this has happened to me. It seems to work out o.k. though, my husband isn't sex crazed so I was usually wanting sex more often than him.... now things seem just about right.

Heidi in Utah
Tiffanoodle's Avatar Tiffanoodle 04:20 PM 02-14-2010
BTDT With #1, I couldn't go a day between. It was kind of depressing that I wanted it more than dh. With #2, I would have spotting every time we DTD. The Dr. said it was because my cervix was "fryable" but it freaked me out so we seriously had sex maybe a dozen times the whole pregnancy. With #3, I was in the mood but not like with #1 and dh and I weren't getting along well, so we never actually did anything. This time, oh my. At least dh and I are still on the same page finally, but I feel like we're always putting a movie on and sneaking away to the bedroom.

The boy/girl thing seems to have rung true for us at this point, unless we find boy parts on the next u/s that were hiding. Girl: always in the mood. Boy: Don't even think about touching me.
peachsara's Avatar peachsara 04:24 PM 02-14-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommariffic View Post
...seriously

My first pregnancy I was like some hormone ridden beast who was forcing her husband to have sex...and now? This pregnancy? Nope. If he comes near me I'm ready, claws out, to tell him to get the heck away thank you very much .

Anyone else feel this way? I'm just..never, not even remotely in the mood. I'd rather be um sleeping or reading

Ummmm, did you just hijack my life? I could have written your post.

I'm on pregnancy #3: I was hoping that it would be more like my first pregnancy, but . . . no. DH is not loving this at all.
neldabean's Avatar neldabean 04:27 PM 02-14-2010
I have been so sleepy at night that I really don't think of it. I feel bad for DH for not having sex all that often (once a week) but when I do get my self in the mood Wowza it's amazing!
Lately I have woke up in the night feeling all ready to pounce, but never act on it snuggling with my pillow is less work. lol
slsurface's Avatar slsurface 07:12 PM 02-14-2010
Ugh, I'm having the opposite problem. I'm definitely in the mood, but I've been on "pelvic rest" most of this pregnancy!
GoBecGo's Avatar GoBecGo 07:41 AM 02-15-2010
I think maybe i'm the opposite! And i also found with DD i had no interest (though i wasn't much interested in her father...). But this time (don't know the sex but suspect boy) i am all kinds of up for it!
tngirl11's Avatar tngirl11 05:31 AM 02-16-2010
I'm right there with you! I have totally lost my sex drive during all of my pg, so I was expecting it. The difference is, by this point in both of my previous pg I was on pelvic rest because of premature labor. This time I don't have that excuse! I feel really bad for poor DH, and I do "talk myself into it" for his sake as often as I can, but I would definitely rather just chill!
mommariffic's Avatar mommariffic 02:06 PM 02-16-2010
Glad to see I'm not the only person

I talked to DH about it and he's really supportive. He's not exactly a horn-dog by any means so he doesn't mind that I'm just being pregnant and not really much else right now.
Up