Hi, my name is Tracy and I never wanna have sex again! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-13-2010, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...seriously

My first pregnancy I was like some hormone ridden beast who was forcing her husband to have sex...and now? This pregnancy? Nope. If he comes near me I'm ready, claws out, to tell him to get the heck away thank you very much .

Anyone else feel this way? I'm just..never, not even remotely in the mood. I'd rather be um sleeping or reading

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#2 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 12:16 AM

I am hardly ever in the mood. After several nights of dissapointing my husband (which can actually be week (s) as he is only home 2 nights/week) I feel like I should 'try' to get in the mood for him. If he complains about how often we are DTD I just remind him it will be a lot worse when the new baby is here I would probably be ok with no sex until the baby is several months old!

Wifey to my DH 9/2005 and always busy SAHM  to my beautiful boys  twins.gif   Elijah 12/2008 and Caeleb 6/2010
Our baby girl  stork-girl.gif is arriving October 2012!!!

#3 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 12:28 AM

We rarely try. Not because of pg, but because of the toddler who seems to have horrible timing

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#4 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 02:36 AM

I've definitely gone back and forth. I remember being terribly disinterested when pg with dd, and so far it's been pretty similar. Until now! I've really been hit with hormones lately that are affecting me in all different ways, and that is one of the ways. dp was all kinds of pleased when he got home from work last night.

I think it's all normal, from being repulsed to being a sex-craved monster, and everything in between.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#5 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 02:38 AM

DDC crashing but reading your post sent me back in time

With my dd poor dh was hiding from me but with ds I could care less about dtd it just wasnt important.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#6 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 01:32 PM

Ha!

So funny - momarific - gotta ask - are you having a boy or a girl? And what was it the first time?

With my PG with my daughter - I was an ANIMAL. Like literally 2 -3 times a day was not enough. We did it two days before DD was born when I was enormous. This time, with a boy, my sex drive is nil.

BUT that said, when I do get myself going - the sex is outrageously good. So I keep reminding DH that it's quality not quantity!

Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned homebirth.jpg

#7 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 01:46 PM

I definitely notice having less of a sex drive. My orgasms are less intense as well : ( This is my third pregnancy and it's the first time this has happened to me. It seems to work out o.k. though, my husband isn't sex crazed so I was usually wanting sex more often than him.... now things seem just about right.

Heidi in Utah

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
#8 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 03:20 PM

BTDT With #1, I couldn't go a day between. It was kind of depressing that I wanted it more than dh. With #2, I would have spotting every time we DTD. The Dr. said it was because my cervix was "fryable" but it freaked me out so we seriously had sex maybe a dozen times the whole pregnancy. With #3, I was in the mood but not like with #1 and dh and I weren't getting along well, so we never actually did anything. This time, oh my. At least dh and I are still on the same page finally, but I feel like we're always putting a movie on and sneaking away to the bedroom.

The boy/girl thing seems to have rung true for us at this point, unless we find boy parts on the next u/s that were hiding. Girl: always in the mood. Boy: Don't even think about touching me.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#9 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommariffic View Post
...seriously

My first pregnancy I was like some hormone ridden beast who was forcing her husband to have sex...and now? This pregnancy? Nope. If he comes near me I'm ready, claws out, to tell him to get the heck away thank you very much .

Anyone else feel this way? I'm just..never, not even remotely in the mood. I'd rather be um sleeping or reading

Ummmm, did you just hijack my life? I could have written your post.

I'm on pregnancy #3: I was hoping that it would be more like my first pregnancy, but . . . no. DH is not loving this at all.

SAHM to a crazy little boy (4.5) and a silly little girl (3) and my VBA2C babe
#10 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 03:27 PM

I have been so sleepy at night that I really don't think of it. I feel bad for DH for not having sex all that often (once a week) but when I do get my self in the mood Wowza it's amazing!
Lately I have woke up in the night feeling all ready to pounce, but never act on it snuggling with my pillow is less work. lol

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#11 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 06:12 PM

Ugh, I'm having the opposite problem. I'm definitely in the mood, but I've been on "pelvic rest" most of this pregnancy!
#12 of 14 Old 02-15-2010, 06:41 AM

I think maybe i'm the opposite! And i also found with DD i had no interest (though i wasn't much interested in her father...). But this time (don't know the sex but suspect boy) i am all kinds of up for it!
#13 of 14 Old 02-16-2010, 04:31 AM

I'm right there with you! I have totally lost my sex drive during all of my pg, so I was expecting it. The difference is, by this point in both of my previous pg I was on pelvic rest because of premature labor. This time I don't have that excuse! I feel really bad for poor DH, and I do "talk myself into it" for his sake as often as I can, but I would definitely rather just chill!

Gayle, mom to Reagan and Ryan, 09/15/03, Cade, 12/08/05 and sweet Josiah, 05/23/10-07/16/10
#14 of 14 Old 02-16-2010, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to see I'm not the only person

I talked to DH about it and he's really supportive. He's not exactly a horn-dog by any means so he doesn't mind that I'm just being pregnant and not really much else right now.

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page