This is my 3rd pregnancy and I've never experienced this until today..... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-20-2010, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I sneezed. And peed my pants.
It was really mortifying (well, it wasn't a lot so no one KNEW, but I knew, and I'm sure the look of shock on my face could have drawn some attention), I've heard that as a pregnancy "thing" before, but it's never actually happened to me!! sheesh!
I had to share this lovely detail with my DDC.....

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#2 of 13 Old 02-20-2010, 01:25 AM

Ha!!

You know, when I was pregnant with DS, I used to get up in the morning before DH, so I was responsible for feeding our dogs and letting them outside. I used to feed the dogs, let them out, and then pee. Well, one morning, as I was getting farther along in pregnancy, I was in the process of feeding the dogs, and I sneezed before I had peed. You guessed it...I peed my pants! At least I was at home, and from that day on, I peed before taking care of the crazy dogs!

:-)

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#3 of 13 Old 02-20-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
I sneezed. And peed my pants.
It was really mortifying (well, it wasn't a lot so no one KNEW, but I knew, and I'm sure the look of shock on my face could have drawn some attention), I've heard that as a pregnancy "thing" before, but it's never actually happened to me!! sheesh!
I had to share this lovely detail with my DDC.....
I could have written your entire post!!! I'm also on my third pregnancy and just 1 week ago I sneezed with a semi-full bladder....and peed my pants I was mortified and waddled into the bathroom...my hubby trailing behind me. I just yanked down my pants in front of him and he was like- "Did your water break?!!" Ummm no honey, it didn't.... "Ohhhhhh" as he leaves the room giggling....Jeesh.

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#4 of 13 Old 02-20-2010, 02:32 PM

Me too! #3 preg here and it happens a LOT! Only a little bit, but it's like I have to cross my legs if I feel a sneeze coming on. It sucks. I know I should be doing Keigals more but I hate to I flew to Denver 2 weeks ago and wore a pad on the plane "just in case", how pathetic is that?

Katherine mother to DS 8/03 and DD1 9/06 and DD2 6/10
#5 of 13 Old 02-20-2010, 03:10 PM

Been there. It didn't happen with me until my 3rd pregnancy, either. I always kind of attributed that to not having a vaginal birth until my second.

Now I'm to the point where strong coughs will do it. I also find that I feel like I "leak" if I'm vomiting. Not fun for morning sickness. I have to contort into some interesting positions. I do kegels all the time. Doesn't help much. I have to brace all muscles down there, including my abdominal muscles, when I cough or sneeze. They seem to pull a lot easier now.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#6 of 13 Old 02-20-2010, 04:58 PM

I sneeze and pee too! It's one of the lovely things us mamas get to go through. Kegels don't help me much either. I think it has more to do with the weight of the uterus on the bladder. The kids think it is so funny that mommy pee's her pants when she sneezes.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#7 of 13 Old 02-20-2010, 09:14 PM

Happens to me all the time! I am still recovering from the Flu yesterday and everytime I threw up I peed.... so annoying!

Penny(34), DH Leon(36) DD Abi (4) DS Jacob (2)
#8 of 13 Old 02-21-2010, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
BTDT. And I've had a sinus infection this week so I actually had to wear Tena bladder control pads because I just couldn't change my underwear that much. My husband thinks this is hilarious.

Me learning.gif+ DH hug.gif + kid.gifDaniel (7/5/10)
#9 of 13 Old 02-21-2010, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Me too and this is my second pregnancy. Pregnancy and childbirth is very womanly but not very lady like.
#10 of 13 Old 02-21-2010, 04:14 PM

You all should consider yourselves lucky

I started having it happen with #1, and it's worse now with #2.

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#11 of 13 Old 02-21-2010, 06:59 PM

I am so glad that I am not alone!!! I walk my dogs in a field after work and I have had a cold lately and the cold weather especially really makes me cough. You should see me - every cough, I have to stop and squeeze everything I can think off - I can't walk and hold it at the same time!
#12 of 13 Old 02-21-2010, 11:15 PM

Ummm...this happens to me pregnant...or not. I pee when I cough, sneeze, or vomit. It's truly a problem. I also find that even if I go to the bathroom before a sneeze or cough I still release something.

At this point Kegels are not cutting it. My doctor has suggested I see a urogynocologist after I'm done having kids. Apparently there is a simple outpatient procedure that can fix it. This kid is hopefully #2 of 3 so it's going to be a while before I can stop crossing my legs when I sneeze.

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#13 of 13 Old 02-23-2010, 02:13 PM

You're just getting that now on your 3rd?! Lucky you!!

I had it with all 3 pregnancies and even sometimes in-between! The worst is when I've had headcolds, and also we laugh a lot around here at the silly antics of my 2 kids. So basically, I use a lot of pantyliners during my first and third trimesters, and all the time I make sure to stop and cross my legs and *squeeze!* when I am out walking and feel a sneeze coming on.

It sure is a good impetus to get me off the sofa or away from the computer to go pee *proactively* whenever I feel even slightly bladder-full. You can never know when a pesky sneeze (or a good laugh) will sneak up on you...

Mama to DS (7), DD (5), DD (2), #4 due 03/2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page