anyone else suffering from SPD? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-11-2010, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
x-posted a vagina rant in Health & Healing, talked with midwife/chiropractor and some friends and yep, pretty much 250% confident it's SPD. The other night I was getting out of bed to pee and almost cried the pain was just so intense.

With my first pregnancy I was feeling awesome 90% of the time, and this kind of stinks. I can't stand for very long and when I'm walking I do this shuffle/waddle thing that's really pathetic. I've got months left!

Anyone else suffering/or has suffered and has advice or just wants to share the pain and plain SUCK that is SPD?

[oh and, I stopped breast feeding DD a year ago but just sneezed a breast milk shot out of my boob!]

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#2 of 11 Old 03-11-2010, 10:19 PM

DDC crashing for the second time today to recommend this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Relieving-Pelv...8337772&sr=8-1

It completely turned things around for me when I was in terrible pain in my second pregnancy (my first pregnancy I suffered through it, tried to keep my knees together and avoid moving around too much as per the standard advice, and things only got worse).
#3 of 11 Old 03-12-2010, 12:21 AM

I have it BAD! Had it with my previous pregnancies and it just seems to be getting worse. I have yet to find something that helps so days I can't walk. I feel your pain! Hang in there!

S Momma to:8:5:4:1.5 and: May 29 2010 loving wife to C:
:::: ::: formally mom_2_3_girls
#4 of 11 Old 03-12-2010, 01:25 AM

Right there with ya. It's funny because I forget about it all the time. But then I do something insane like try to put on pants one leg at a time and just about pass out from the pain

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#5 of 11 Old 03-12-2010, 04:33 AM

I get it on and off this pregnancy. Have been getting it since 18 weeks or so.

I have it through out the day but every night without fail, my right hip wants to give out, which only started when the SPD started. So weird.

But I feel ya.. sad to say. I should go into the chiro and I will.. eventually. :/ For now, I get the kids or DH to help me out a lot. And for putting on pants, I lay on the bed. For shoes, I leave my tennis shoes laced and just slip my feet into them (thankfully this works for me, for some I know it does not). I wear slippers which look like cutsie Ugg slippers in a way otherwise. I hang on to the wall when getting in and out of the shower. And thank goodness the counter in our bathroom is RIGHT next to the toilet, so I grip that to get myself back to standing up (or use it to sit down, since that hurts as well).

It's a pain.. for sure.
#6 of 11 Old 03-12-2010, 09:50 AM

Yep. I didn't have it with my pgcy with DD 7 years ago, but I surely do this time.

Mine isn't awful (yet). However, I just keep thinking about how big baby and my uterus are still going to get (DD was 9 lbs 8 oz). Then I do get a little scared. How will I walk comfortably then?

If I have a very active day - too much cleaning, too much running errands - by evening time my right hip, right sciatic nerve, and my inner thighs are in so much pain and I get a crazy pelvic pressure sensation. It makes sleeping tricky, because I always slept on my right side.

I have learned to sit with my legs together more, not crossed, not underneath each other - and that does really help. But its a hard habit to break!

I think I will check out that book! But thanks for starting this thread... at least we can support each other (or just complain) throughout these last months.

ETA: Found the book at my library's on-line system... put it on hold!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#7 of 11 Old 03-12-2010, 05:23 PM

I had it a little with my last pregnancy and this time it started around 10 weeks. My midwife said that some women put a band around their thighs to remind them to walk with baby steps. Have not tried this though. I got this pregnancy pillow from baby's R us it works really good. I do have as much pain while sleeping when I use it. The brand is boppy.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#8 of 11 Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 AM

Awww.....I'm actually sad that I'm not imagining this pain. I'm in the same boat it seems. I sorta wished that it was unique to me that it wasn't a syndrome or something, so that it could be an easy fix that I was being foolish about. I had no problems like this in my first pregnancy, but this one, since pretty early. Besides the standing on one foot to dress/towel off/tie shoes/etc, it also hurts to turn over at night. Ugh...I know how you all feel....

food is my favorite is my sweetie, papa to 8/07 due 6/10 10yo no eggs yet!
#9 of 11 Old 03-13-2010, 04:56 PM

DDC crash from May (due May 30, so may end up here!)...I have it bad. Like you, this is my first pregnancy with it. My last two I felt great. I ran and lifted weights until I delivered. It is KILLING me to be this disfunctional. It's awful. Chiro isn't doing much but I'm doing everything I can research and come up with. I wish I had advice. We have a long SPD thread in May DDC w/ ideas.
#10 of 11 Old 03-14-2010, 10:40 AM

*sigh* add me to the group. It has been going on for a couple of weeks but isn't horrible, yet. It was excrutiating with DD at the end, so I'm really nervous. My hips and tailbone hurt as well, so I desperately want to see a chiro before this gets unbearable.

I gotta tell ya - this is not helping our almost nonexistent bedroom action, yk?

SAHM to a crazy little boy (4.5) and a silly little girl (3) and my VBA2C babe
#11 of 11 Old 03-15-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamja View Post
Right there with ya. then I do something insane like try to put on pants one leg at a time and just about pass out from the pain
Ditto. I've had the pain for months now. It really started at around 8 weeks. I feel so terrible this pregnancy . My first son was such an easy pregnancy that I was not prepared for all the pain and complications that I endured this time around.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page