Kidney stone :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-16-2010, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This pregnancy truly is plagued. This baby wants to make sure she stays the baby forever! So I had some back pain last Saturday, I had thought it was because I was babysitting my very needy 8 month old niece and she wanted to be held and walked around a lot but it continued into Sunday a little and then went away all of Monday. Last night I woke up to some pain that I could clearly tell was my Kidneys, but this is nothing new to me... I get kidney pain from time to time, I had it earlier in my pregnancy for a week straight just from fluid backing up which I guess pregnancy can cause. I popped some tylenol and went back asleep only to wake up an hour later with some intense, make you want to throw up, pain on just the left side. It took me about 5 minutes to realize I needed to go the hospital, I left hubby at home with our son and booked it over there.

One amazingly good thing about the hospital I go to is it is NEVER busy, I didn't have to wait at all at the ER which is good because the pain was so bad. I think I was the only one in there for my whole 4 hour visit. I gave my urine sample and was shocked to see all the blood in it. There wasn't any blood before I left! I always feel so dumb going to Hospital for this stuff so it was actually a relief, There!, I had proof! So the nurses and doctors were so amazingly nice and attentive and got me some lovely lovely morphine. Then the ultrasound tech came in an hour early just to check out my kidneys. They suspect I may have a kidney stone but sometimes these are difficult to see on ultrasound, they were definitely swollen though... that they could see. So now I just have to wait it out and check back in with my OB in a couple days.

Anyone else with kidney problems this time?

Heidi in Utah

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
#2 of 14 Old 03-16-2010, 08:58 PM

Bless you Heidi! I hope it resolves for you quickly!
#3 of 14 Old 03-16-2010, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I'm sorry you've been in pain. I hope it resolves miraculously and that you don't have any more trouble.

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#4 of 14 Old 03-17-2010, 04:57 AM

I am sorry! I have never had this problem but I had a friend with kidney stones and she said that the pain was unbearable. I have my fingers crossed for you that there is some kind of quick relief. Hang in there!
#5 of 14 Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 AM

Ouch! *knock on wood* I've never had kidney problems, but that sounds horrible. I hope you feel better soon.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#6 of 14 Old 03-17-2010, 03:04 PM

Oh, how awful! Thankfully I have not had to contend with Kidney stones. However, during my first pregnancy I developed gallbladder disease and had many, man painful attacks while pregnant and even afterwards. It is the worse pain ever! Far, far more painful than natural childbirth!!! I finally had my gallbladder removed in late 2008 and have felt much better since. I hope that you can get the care and relief you need. Take care of yourself!
#7 of 14 Old 03-17-2010, 04:54 PM

I am so sorry for your pain! I am not having any kidney pain this time, but my last 3 pregnancies have been plagued by kidney issues. With the last not only did i get 2 stones, but MRSA in my urinary tract! It was awful. I ended up finally kicking it by Nettles tea with Uva Ursi, when the abx did nothing. I hope you're able to get some rest and lots of fluids to flush out any possible stones!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#8 of 14 Old 03-17-2010, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Well, the flank pain is better... now I have pain down where I go pee pee (I know, i'm so scientific) I think this means that the stone is close to coming out. Still feeling a little nauseated and I'm worried it will get stuck. Is this what it feels like when you pass a stone?

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
#9 of 14 Old 03-17-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarch27 View Post
Well, the flank pain is better... now I have pain down where I go pee pee (I know, i'm so scientific) I think this means that the stone is close to coming out. Still feeling a little nauseated and I'm worried it will get stuck. Is this what it feels like when you pass a stone?
My pain was my entire lower back, felt like i'd been run over. As well as fever and aches and the chills. I couldn't ever feel passing the stones, but the doc was amazed i wasn't in more pain than i was so i dunno. But the pain that you're describing is what my UTI's feel like. Did they put you on abx for the infection?

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#10 of 14 Old 03-18-2010, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

They didn't notice any infection but because my kidneys were blocked that can lead to an infection so I may have one now. I see my OB this afternoon and I'm sure they will check for that. The pain is a little different than a UTI though, I don't have any burning when I pee and its off and on. No fever or chills. My pee started smelling super strong last night though, they have me peeing into a jar (which is hard for a woman!) and then straining it to make sure I catch any stones. Right now I'm just chugging tons of water and taking tylenol for the pain. I don't know, my body is just messed up. The right kidney has been puffed up since the first trimester and on ultrasound it was much worse than the left but the left side was what was causing me the excruciating pain. I still have a little bit of flank pain but its not very bad and more so on the right now. It's probably just a mystery that will never be solved but I hope it is an infection so I can just clear it up with meds!

#11 of 14 Old 03-18-2010, 01:23 PM

Ouch ouch ouch, I am so sorry! Praying for a quick recovery

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#12 of 14 Old 03-18-2010, 01:28 PM

saw this on new posts - so I'm DDC crashing (well, just crashing b/c I'm not preggo!) I had to sympathize though b/c I had my first ever kidney stone when I was 26weeks pregnant with my little munchkin. It was the worst pain I've ever had!!! Much worse than labor.

I really hope you don't get an infection, and that it clears up super quick!!
#13 of 14 Old 03-18-2010, 03:43 PM

Ouchy!! I hope you are feeling better soon.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#14 of 14 Old 03-18-2010, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Just got back from the OB. He says whatever it is it seems to be improving on its own but I do have some blood and white blood cells in my urine so he is putting me on a strong antibiotic to clear up any infection in my kidneys or Urinary tract. I have been feeling kinda yucky so I'm glad to know there is a reason for that. Just popped my first pill, 6 more days and I should be in the clear.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page