Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 03-25-2010, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharr610 View Post
Hi there!

So just wanted to chime in as I will actually be taking this test. My midwife generally never does it(long story), but we've decided that I will do it. One thing she said, that I thought I would pass onto those of you who are doing it, is that if you read the original test design, it clearly states to take a 20 minute walk after you take the glucola. I know some people are told to stay still the whole time.
I had intended to walk after drinking the junk, but then I had a completely incompetent u/s tech who took FOREVER to get the shots they needed, after waiting in the u/s room for like 20 minutes for her to show up. So it took pretty much the whole hour to get the u/s done and they had to come into the u/s room to draw my blood. No kidding mine was on the high end of technically normal. Then I got up and seriously almost passed out. It was 2 years ago and I still remember the sick feeling like it was yesterday.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#32 of 35 Old 03-26-2010, 06:10 AM

I did the test last week and will get my results Monday. I find the 20 minute walk thing interesting - here, at least in all the labs in this area, once you drink the orange stuff, you aren't allowed to leave until they do a blood draw an hour later so there is no chance for the walk. That's an interesting tidbit to know if things come back funny.
#33 of 35 Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 PM

I had my test yesterday and chugged the drink on the way to my appointment. After drinking Chinese harbal teas while TTC, this wasn't bad at all. I felt a bit of a sugar rush and the baby became very active, making it difficult to calculate his heart rate because he was moving so much!

I didn't do anything special and hope it comes back fine.

Miscarriage at 6 weeks on 1/11/09, DS born on 6/22/10, DS born on 5/31/12, and new baby due 4/2/14

#34 of 35 Old 03-27-2010, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanLake View Post
I had my test yesterday and chugged the drink on the way to my appointment. After drinking Chinese harbal teas while TTC, this wasn't bad at all. I felt a bit of a sugar rush and the baby became very active, making it difficult to calculate his heart rate because he was moving so much!

I didn't do anything special and hope it comes back fine.
I did mine Thursday, and it came back fine. The funny thing was baby was super active UNTIL I drank that orange ooze. Then she utterly stopped moving, and when we listened to her heartbeat, the NP thought maybe she was asleep. She's been plenty squirrely since, so I'm not worried. I just thought it was interesting compared to what everyone else reports.

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#35 of 35 Old 03-27-2010, 09:53 AM

I did the fasting and 2 hr post prandial yesterday...

Got 67 mg/dl for fasting and 81 mg/dl for 2 hr post maple latte, 1 1/2 glasses of milk and 8 crepes with blueberries and tons of maple syrup, and a short 15 min walk.

One of my midwife friends said I was an excellent sugar metabolizer and that I should put it on my resume. LOL!

I attribute it to tons of exercise, because although I eat a healthy diet I do have lots of dairy and some ice cream and baked goods. It is hard to get rid of the sugar monster!

I didn't do the test last time but I thought, cause I am 'elderly', I would see what I came up with...blessings for good health so far!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page