~Spotlight on Neldabean~ (March 31-April 3) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 03-31-2010, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
neldabean, this is YOUR thread! We'll ask questions for you to answer and you can add in anything else you'd like to share about yourself, your pregnancy, and your family. Anything at all!

Other June mamas, ask any question you like, it's all fair game. Of course, our spotlight mama can decline to answer anything that makes her uncomfortable

These first few are from our intro thread, so we can all remember who you are!
EDD:
Name:
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):
Names you like:
Birth Plans/Preferences:

And a few more so we can get to know you better!
What number pregnancy is this for you?
Is your baby very active, or laid back?
Have you "popped"?
Hobbies/Interests:
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself:

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#2 of 24 Old 04-01-2010, 01:25 PM

These first few are from our intro thread, so we can all remember who you are!
EDD:June 24th
Name: Danielle
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Dh Nick, ds1 almost 9, dd almost 5, ds2 2. Oh and a neighborhood cat who has claimed us are hers.
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): we will see at birth!! I'm excited!
Names you like: have one for each but still working on them.
Birth Plans/Preferences: 2nd home/waterbirth with our awesome friend/MW. There with be all our kids and a good friend of ours who was at our last homebirth and our photographer friend. It's going to be a party!! hehe Oh we will have the birth pool set up on our deck. I am excited to give birth outside!!

And a few more so we can get to know you better!
What number pregnancy is this for you?4
Is your baby very active, or laid back? a very bouncy baby!
Have you "popped"? most definitely.
Hobbies/Interests: midwifery, anything to do with birth, unassisted birth, knitting, gardening, reading, homesteading, cooking and baking from scratch, hiking.
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself:[/QUOTE] we have pretty much moved every year that dh and I have been together.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#3 of 24 Old 04-02-2010, 02:19 PM

Wow, why so much moving?

And I'm very interested in the birthing outside. Have you done this before? How close are your neighbors?

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#4 of 24 Old 04-02-2010, 06:22 PM

I kind of want to birth outside just because this will be my only chance and it should be so nice out but my only hindrance is that my neighbors can see me through our privacy fence and when they're on their pool deck and I don't like to birth in the water so I wouldn't even be able to hide out in there. If it's early morning or late at night I may do it anyway

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

#5 of 24 Old 04-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnindinner View Post
Wow, why so much moving?

And I'm very interested in the birthing outside. Have you done this before? How close are your neighbors?
We were very spontaneous. My dh worked in construction and we went where the work was. We both grew up in Wisconsin. When I graduated high school we went out to Idaho (his dad moved there a year before) I got pregnant with ds1 and moved back to WI jumped around there awhile until the west was calling us back. We moved back to ID. I got pregnant with dd and things were not working out there so back to WI. lol We were there for 1 1/2. There was not homeschooing community at all where we were so we said why not try Oregon and we have been here since 2006. I got pregnant with ds2 and we moved out of our teeny tiny house into a bigger one but still in the same state. Now we are awaiting baby #4! I think this west coast air makes me super duper fertile.

We have a big deck off our bedroom so I thought that it would be a great place to put the pool. We do have neighbors all around us. The ones right behind us can't see there is a huge shrub thing. The neighbors on either side could only see if one was on a latter an the other looking out there window. I am going to make curtains to put up on the side if there happens to be any curious neighbors. It took my very conservative dad to convince dh on setting up the pool outside. He was really worried about the neighbors seeing or hearing me. Got to get on making those curtains!!! Oh and a bonus I thought to having it outside is that the pool can be drained into the yard.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#6 of 24 Old 04-02-2010, 11:43 PM

Cool! What will the weather be like?

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#7 of 24 Old 04-03-2010, 01:41 PM

The weather is pretty warm around the time I will give birth. I am going to get a little heater to put by the pool in case I give birth in the night. The last two years it was in the 90's at the end of June.

#8 of 24 Old 04-04-2010, 01:12 AM

great to meet you! I've thought about birthing outside as well. we have all the same interests! best birth vibes to you!

wife since 1992; mom to: J 7-95; H 5-98; C 2-03; S 4-05; Micah Zachary born still UC 4-08; UM 9-08; due June 2010
#9 of 24 Old 04-04-2010, 11:06 AM

Just had to pop in and say hi from one PDX mama to another.
#10 of 24 Old 04-05-2010, 03:04 PM

cuddlebaby thanks, back at you with those birth vibes! June would be a great month to birth outside.

Hi ubermama! What part of PDX are you in?

#11 of 24 Old 04-05-2010, 03:39 PM

So exciting! Do you love Portland? I envy the birthing community so much!

How excited are your kiddos about the baby coming?
Did your kid's get a chance to watch your last homebirth?

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#12 of 24 Old 04-05-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neldabean View Post
cuddlebaby thanks, back at you with those birth vibes! June would be a great month to birth outside.

Hi ubermama! What part of PDX are you in?
I'm in outer SE near Johnson Creek. Where are you?
#13 of 24 Old 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM

Lol I am off Bell and Johnson creek. By the new Trader Joe's!

#14 of 24 Old 04-06-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post
So exciting! Do you love Portland? I envy the birthing community so much!

How excited are your kiddos about the baby coming?
Did your kid's get a chance to watch your last homebirth?
I do. It is a great place to live. The birthing community is great, I hope to joining it someday.

They are super excited! Our 2 year old loves on the belly and says baby nite nite and puts my shirt down.

Ds1 has been to all my births ds1 and dd was there for our homebirth. They were so excited to be part of his birth. I was so into labor that I did not notice how much dd was loving on me. It was when we went through the photos that I saw her rubbing my head and belly. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2738/...d21b559e_o.jpg
They both cut the cord and got to check out the placenta. God homeschool lesson.

So for this baby ds1 and dd wants to be in the birth tub when the baby is born. He said I could catch the baby and had it to you. It is so sweet. We will see. I told them that they most likely can get in after is born. They are planning on cutting the cord again.

#15 of 24 Old 04-06-2010, 02:56 PM

Awww tha picture is so priceless! That sounds so wonderful! I'm really hoping the girls make this one. With dd#2, dd#1 distracted me and my labor stopped everytime she came into our room. Then she fell asleep in the extra bedroom right as her sister was born! I'm hopeful they will make it this time, DD#1 is sooo intrigued and has begged me to only birth at home so she can be there!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#16 of 24 Old 04-06-2010, 05:59 PM

One of the reasons I love homebirth! I hope they are able to stay awake too.

#17 of 24 Old 04-06-2010, 08:52 PM

I can see why birthing at home would make having your kids there so much more pleasant. I just took Kairo with me to the hospital to get my Rhogam, we had to wait in the room for five minutes and he was making me insane touching and climbing on everything!

Neldabean - you are so adventurous! My husband and I have pretty much lived in Utah our whole lives. We want to move somewhere new just to have the experience of it but it honestly scares the hell out of me... the time is coming though, I'm going to have to face my fears.

Good luck with your outside birth experience. Sounds really amazing, I bet you get good vibes from being in a more natural environment. Lots of positive Ions!

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
#18 of 24 Old 04-06-2010, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Oooh an outside water birth. That sounds absolutely amazing! With our tiny yard, we could never do that, so I am truly jealous. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Living happily and loving it!
#19 of 24 Old 04-07-2010, 03:10 PM

monarch27 you should totally go for it, it is a little nerve racking but it is really fun to discover your new home. I have had two hospital births and this will be our second homebirth. I really do feel that being at home helped my labor move along so fast. Plus I loved getting into my own bed with our new family.

bananabee I am super excited too!!

#20 of 24 Old 04-08-2010, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

That sounds heavenly. There is no way I could peacefully have a homebirth. My home is not a peaceful place at all, and with 2 huge dogs and 3 curious cats, I would have quite the audience. And my nosy old neighbors would make birthing outside impossible.

Where in WI are you from?

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#21 of 24 Old 04-08-2010, 05:14 PM

I grew up in and around Janesville and lived up in Parks Falls area.

#22 of 24 Old 04-08-2010, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Cool! I like Janesville. It's a nice area. And Park Falls...that's up north? My cousins live in Colby (by Abbotsford) and one of them got married in Minocqua. I don't think I'd like it so much in the winter. With the exception of the 1 year we lived in Michigan, I've lived within an hour of Appleton my whole life.

#23 of 24 Old 04-09-2010, 01:37 AM

How nice that you are in Portland! It's a great city. Are you in a more rural area (I assume being that you have your pool on your deck!). Do you have a lovely view? (not that you need a better view than your newborn!)

Are you planning to have your kids at the birth? I'm still undecided although I'm sure the 2yo will likely be!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#24 of 24 Old 04-10-2010, 10:34 PM

tiffanoodle~ yep Park Falls is in the Northwoods. It is about 1/2 hour from Minocqua. We use to drive through Colby to get to Lyndon Station. Dh grew up in the Dells Baraboo area.

at_the_hip ~ I wish we were in a more rural area, we are right in the middle of the city. Not a lovely view at all. I am more of a nature girl so the city gets to me. I am going to make curtains to put around the deck. Yep all three are going to be there! They are super excited!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page