Wishing time away and a little retrospective... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was laying on the sofa last night, rubbing my belly and thinking about how 9weeks (i am 31+1) is FOREVER and how will i get through it all and so on, when i caught myself and remembered that this little guy/gal is going to be on the planet for 70+ years with luck, and in the face of that i should suck my 9-more-weeks up and ENJOY!

It's soooo hard not to wish the time away, especially now i'm getting bigger and more lumbering. I feel hugely fat too, though my face and hands are normal, my upper arms, breasts, belly (obviously), thighs and butt are MASSIVE right now. I know i'm pretty much the same weight as i was with DD at this stage, and i know i lost it all very quickly with BFing and exercise when she was born, but i am still feeling "wow, look how huge that is!" when i catch sight of myself in a mirror - we have a mirrored bathroom cabinet which displays one when in the shower which doesn't help!

But then i also remembered yesterday that i actually went around for SEVEN weeks (between 5 and 12) with sea bands on continuously, day and night, because of the nausea. I seriously had forgotten!

So, how are the rest of you coping with the 9/10/11/12-weeks-to-go portion of pregnancy? And which bits had you forgotten about the start or at least feel so far away from? We had a scan at 15+1, and it feels a million years ago!
#2 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 10:31 AM

I find myself wishing time away as well. I'm just not someone who enjoys being pregnant and I'm really looking forward to the birth. I try to enjoy the lo when I have downtime but most of the time I just try to stay busy in the garden, doing crafts with my ds or cooking/baking with ds. I try to remember that these are the last couple of months that I will be able to completely focus on ds.

I also am feeling super fat and can't wait until baby is here and I lose all the fat around my face, lol.

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

#3 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 11:42 AM

I'm not too zen about the next ten weeks, I'm very impatient. I've gotten quite ill again, and every time I try to get some exercise I puke. Really bad heartburn, too. Over all I still feel better than I did during my first pg, so I'm trying to take it one day at a time... I've only gained 8 pounds so far, MW doesn't seem concerned about it, so I guess I won't be.

How's everybody sleeping? I wake up all night long to pee. Okay, done whining.
#4 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 11:55 AM

This has been a rough pregnancy for me and I really can't wait for it to be over! I'm approaching 28 weeks now and really hoping to go early like I did with my son, he was born at 37 weeks. I'm getting uncomfortable already, it seems early for that but I'm to that point now.... standing or walking for too long amounts to a lot of back pain, sleeping isn't going to well, tying my shoes is painful (can't wait for flip flop weather!) The first trimester was absolute hell and I will never forget it! The beginning and ending of this second trimester have sucked as well due to whacky things happening... the bladder steam roll, the rectocele, then the carpal tunnel & kidney stone/infection more recently.

I know I wasn't like this the during my first pregnancy, or even with my second pregnancy where I was carrying twins as a surrogate (Yes, even twins was better!)... I was the happiest, most joyful pregnant woman imaginable! Maybe it is because my body is a little more worn out now. Don't get me wrong, I am in love with this baby and want her to be healthy and strong. It is definitely worth anything I have gone through or will go through before the end! But yes, I want it to be over.

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
#5 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 12:03 PM

We have the same due date, I'm 31+1 today too! Go June 1st mamas!

I'm doing the same thing though. When I look at the calender and see that March is over today, or that easter is THIS weekend I think "OMG where did the time go?!?!", but when I think of the next 9 weeks I'm thinking "OMG how can I be pregnant that much longer??".
It's hard to put it in perspective because I've got this really severe pelvic pain (thinking it's SPD) and it's not even that I don't want to be pregnant anymore I just don't want to be in pain anymore Last night I was up at 4am and my first thought was "I'm in so much pain I need to call my midwife!" But rationally, what is she going to do about it? It doesn't affect the baby at all, I'm not in labor, I just feel like my legs might be ripping away from my body at the pelvic joints. But they aren't, and I just need to deal with it. So yeah, I've got that whole, I just want to sleep and sit in a chair normally, and be able to put my pants on without having to sit down......but really, I have been pregnant for 31 weeks now, 9 more is really REALLY not that much longer! And I was sick for the first 15ish weeks too, and I made it through that and barely even remember it at this point!
And this is my last pregnancy, so I just need to enjoy it!

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#6 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

I know Mama_moose i keep a secret beady eye on you because we're due the same day (even though i KNOW how ridiculous that is! ). DD was 11 days overdue so i'm not really convinced of the 9 weeks, but equally i kind of think if i was due TODAY i'd know i only had a few days or weeks to go, rather than months....

I'm sleeping ok, once i GET to sleep. This LO just wakes up and kicks as soon as i lie down, and when i'm lying on my side seems to be when it has the most wriggle-room. The other night DH was laying spooning me with one hand on my bump and said "wow, that's amazing! How do you sleep with that going on?" and i was like "i am NOT asleep, i am WIDE AWAKE, that's the POINT!" Then he kissed my neck and thanked me for "being his baby's caravan". what a sweetie. Although, CARAVAN!? i really must be wide from the back (he is perpetually telling me how beautiful i am!). Luckily i have a large iron bladder so i don't have to get up to pee in the night, hardly ever.

My main thing this week is that i can no longer eat. Every meal i am starving and put out a big portion and then get a quarter way through and have to stop. I too have heartburn all. day. long and because of my thyroid issue i'm limited as to what i can take for it (basically liquid gaviscon, which tastes to me like someone chewed an aniseed ball and a stick of chalk and then SPIT the pulp into the bottle. YAK!). DH knows how bad it is when i take gaviscon! Today i've given up and had ridiculous food - a muffin (sent over by MIL last night) for breakfast, a muffin at 11.45am (by chance, in a coffee shop where i didn't want to spend a ton and DD wanted to share a muffin) and just now, at around 3.30pm, some cereal and milk! This baby is NOT getting good vitamins from my diet right now!

It's DD's birthday tomorrow and i'm going to visit XP with DH and DD to sit in the room, on the bed where she was born and think about that for a bit. Time flies, i know that, and i'm sooooo looking forward to hugging my baby, and kissing little toes and nursing in the quiet nights when you and the babe are the only people in the world...
#7 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 12:26 PM

funny I just posted that, because then I went on facebook and got a nice little perspective reminder.....a friend of mine asked me for advice on allergies in babies and elimination diets. Which I did for a year with DD2 until she outgrew most of her intolerances and we discovered her anaphylactic reaction to tree nuts. And I'm terrified to go down that road again. I love food. I don't want to give up food again! And the crying miserable little baby who had hives and bleeding diaper rashes wasn't too fun either....
So maybe I can deal with the pelvic pain for the next 9 weeks while I eat lots of bread and pasta and cheese and thai food and.....
I mean, is that bad to just resign myself to the idea that I'm going to have to give up food again? Maybe I'll get a happy "easy" baby this time, right? But either way, it's a good reminder that babies are quite often easier on the inside.....

#8 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 12:35 PM

GoBecGo, I tend to go "over" my EDD too so neither one of us will likely be the first births of this DDC, but whatever, we'll be the first ones to get to complain about passing 40 weeks And you're right, as soon as I turn the calender to June I'll know it's only a few more days away from happening! Last time I was due June 27th and had her on July 3rd....that was pretty miserable, I was one of I think the last 3 to give birth in that DDC! I should have joined July!! (though I love love love all my June 08 ladies if any of you are spying on this thread )

#9 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBecGo View Post
My main thing this week is that i can no longer eat. Every meal i am starving and put out a big portion and then get a quarter way through and have to stop. I too have heartburn all. day. long and because of my thyroid issue i'm limited as to what i can take for it (basically liquid gaviscon, which tastes to me like someone chewed an aniseed ball and a stick of chalk and then SPIT the pulp into the bottle. YAK!).

GoBecGo,
What is the connection between thyroid issues and not taking something stronger for heartburn? I have thyroid problems (pretty severe hypo due to Hashimotos) and haven't heard anything... I have to admit I have tried several things for my heartburn as it keeps me from eating and sleeping.
#10 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 12:52 PM

Another June 1ster here, I know what you ladies were doing Labor Day weekend LOL!

Actually i'm the complete opposite of you all, except in the feeling fat department. I have serious self image issues when pregnant and all i see is the weight i've gained and the change in my body. Ironically, i look at other pregnant women with envy and think how amazingly strong and beautiful they are. The power that just exudes from their curves is so amazing! But i look at myself in the mirror and the thoughts are all downhill from there lol.

I am in no rush. Maybe because i just gave birth last April. Maybe because going from 2 children to 3 seems like such a huge change. Maybe because we have to find a bigger house and we've still not been able to. But mostly i think it's because the 3rd trimester is the only trimester i've ever enjoyed with my own children due to the HG.

Don't get me wrong, im up peeing every hour. The baby keeps me up and i have wicked insomnia. And the SPD pain is starting to tick me off. But, having so many friends with infertility that i know in the surrogacy world, has made me stop complaining. This baby never should have been conceived. And somehow I was managed to be given a miracle in my own life, and my girls and dh are so thrilled and excited for this new little being to make it's entrance into the world. And at the same time, im able to do this. So many friends would give their lives to carry their children. So i patiently wait, as my body continues to grow and change. I wonder what this little one will look like, i wonder if it will be a he or she. And i think to myself that pregnancy is such an amazing event.

I'm defintely finding my zen, and i am feeling more centered. I know the roller coaster will start as soon as i go into labor and im honestly in no rush to get to that point lol. I'll hang on to my zen for as long as i can have it.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#11 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 PM

I am 29w3d and I feel like the next 10 weeks could not go fast enough. This is my 3rd pregnancy, 4th child -- and yes, even the twins pregnancy was easier for me too. I'm tired of being big, heartburn and not being able to chase the twins.

The pregnancy so far seems to have flown by, but now that I'm in final countdown mode -- it seems like time has stood still. I have little hope of going early since I carried my first to 40w4d and the twins until I was induced at 38weeks.

Babies are much easier to take care of when they are inside. I know this rationally. Post-partum is absolutely no fun for me at all. I know this too -- but man, it's hard to keep perspective when I have an aching back, headache, heartburn and a swollen hoo-ha.

lol...well, whining in writing actually made me feel better though
#12 of 15 Old 03-31-2010, 09:47 PM

I feel like 9 1/2 weeks is so long to wait, too! I feel big (and I know I'm going to get bigger!) and the heartburn is terrible most days. I'm also up every 3 hours peeing. Thank goodness DD is sleeping through the night (finally, after 3 years!)

At the same time, I had a really hard newborn period with DD. She was an incredibly high-needs baby with colic. There were days when if she wasn't nursing or sleeping, she was screaming. We also had an extremely hard time nursing (think multiple adjustments, physical therapy, lactation consultants, a finger feeder, etc.) I think all of this led to my PPD.

So as you can see, I'm also a bit of trepidation about having a newborn again. I think I may need to see the therapist who helped me through my PPD to work through some of this. Sigh.

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#13 of 15 Old 04-01-2010, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer Beater View Post
GoBecGo,
What is the connection between thyroid issues and not taking something stronger for heartburn? I have thyroid problems (pretty severe hypo due to Hashimotos) and haven't heard anything... I have to admit I have tried several things for my heartburn as it keeps me from eating and sleeping.
Certain drugs (tums is a definite but i'm not sure of all the others, i asked my GP for the "safe" list rather than the no-go list, the safe on sure is shorter! ) block absorption of the drugs. I'm hashi's too, and you know how you have to take your synthroid on an empty stomach and then wait before eating? And not take it near any other drugs or supplements? Well apparently using antacids a lot means they sort of hang about your digestive system and bind to the thyroxine and prevent it absorbing properly. My GP said it should be ok so long as my bloods are done regularly (i have TFT's and TSH done 4-weekly) any problem would show up, but he doesn't want to overdose me to combat antacid use because if i have a "good" week with the heartburn and don't take the antacids it would really mess up my thyroxine levels. HTH
#14 of 15 Old 04-02-2010, 02:16 PM

Now I've got 10 weeks to go. I'm feeling like it's hard earlier this time than last time. I'm trying to focus and savor this time. It's quite possible, even probable, this will be the last time I'm pregnant. I don't want to miss it. Then I have gained plenty of weight, have hemorrhoids, and the aches and pains have gotten started, my digestive system is off again, and I can't sleep... I try to remember to write so I can keep a record.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#15 of 15 Old 04-04-2010, 03:37 AM

Oh, guys, I wish I had read this thread before now. I am feeling EXACTLY the same way. My dd is 2 1/2 and at the most enchanting age. I feel like I am failing her because I have gotten to the point of being really tired, feeling like a whale and the heartburn is agony, almost no matter what I eat. Dd was a really, really hard baby and the first year was awful (while she is a dream now - although not the best sleeper). In the long run, I desperately want this baby and I love the idea that I will have a son and a daughter but I don't particularly enjoy pregnancy or infancy and especially given that I am not sleeping, I feel so tired, it's hard to imagine how I will cope with the sleepless nights again. I also find this stage of pregnancy a bit scary - with dd, my pregnancy was a dream until the end (and even then, it wasn't that bad) but I worry about premature delivery, etc... and all that worry drives my blood pressure up.
Sorry for whining, it's just nice to know that I am not alone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page