Weekly chat? April 4 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 04-06-2010, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am using prefolds with covers and I also have a some fitted diapers and will use covers. There is something I really like about a prefold and snappi. The brand of prefold I like is green mountain diapers.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 55 Old 04-06-2010, 07:41 PM

I'm having kind of a crappy day. I took my BP at the gerocery store and it was 135/84 And then I had a good day at the Farmer's Market with the family, and kinda de-stressed, but then came home and re-stressed myself out over money. My CSA I guess had an extra box in this billing cycle so it's 95 dollars this month instead of the usual 63....blah. Which then cuts into the $ I was saving for my birth tub, and now I just don't think I'm going to have it in time. Soooo....I sucked it up and emailed her to tell her I'm just going to go without this time I think it will be ok, last time I was dying to get in but after being in an hour or two I got out anyways and birthed on my bed. I have a shower with a handheld head so I can always use that, bring my ball in there or something and have someone hold it on my back. I could get in my bathtub if I really really need to but it's a bit small. It just sucks that money made the decision for me But I'm having my homebirth, and in the grand scheme of things I don't NEED the tub, and it was one of the only things I could cut. I could cut my CSA box but in general it actually saves us $ in the food budget ($30 a box, every 2 weeks, covers almost all of our fruit/veggies needs for the month), the only other 2 bills I have are the energy bill and the cable bill, but the cable one is also internet and phone, so I can't even cut there, you know? And really, we aren't HURTING for money, it's just I can't really squeeze out an extra hundred dollars this month in particular, and that's my deadline for this tub.
And I'm freaking out over my BP because my MW has said if it starts getting high like last time we might try some herbs and membrane sweeps to get things going before I risk out of HB, which is making me feel rushed. I could have a baby by the middle of next month, and I feel so unprepared!!

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#33 of 55 Old 04-06-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
I'm having kind of a crappy day. I took my BP at the gerocery store and it was 135/84 And then I had a good day at the Farmer's Market with the family, and kinda de-stressed, but then came home and re-stressed myself out over money. My CSA I guess had an extra box in this billing cycle so it's 95 dollars this month instead of the usual 63....blah. Which then cuts into the $ I was saving for my birth tub, and now I just don't think I'm going to have it in time. Soooo....I sucked it up and emailed her to tell her I'm just going to go without this time I think it will be ok, last time I was dying to get in but after being in an hour or two I got out anyways and birthed on my bed. I have a shower with a handheld head so I can always use that, bring my ball in there or something and have someone hold it on my back. I could get in my bathtub if I really really need to but it's a bit small. It just sucks that money made the decision for me But I'm having my homebirth, and in the grand scheme of things I don't NEED the tub, and it was one of the only things I could cut. I could cut my CSA box but in general it actually saves us $ in the food budget ($30 a box, every 2 weeks, covers almost all of our fruit/veggies needs for the month), the only other 2 bills I have are the energy bill and the cable bill, but the cable one is also internet and phone, so I can't even cut there, you know? And really, we aren't HURTING for money, it's just I can't really squeeze out an extra hundred dollars this month in particular, and that's my deadline for this tub.
And I'm freaking out over my BP because my MW has said if it starts getting high like last time we might try some herbs and membrane sweeps to get things going before I risk out of HB, which is making me feel rushed. I could have a baby by the middle of next month, and I feel so unprepared!!
That all sounds so stressful, i'm so sorry. Wish i had great words of wisdom, but instead just a hug.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#34 of 55 Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 PM

Hi everyone,
It is really great to read about all of the projects everyone has going on!

As for me, I'm attempting to get everything in order since I know that my home visit from our mw isn't far out!

Our IKEA bedframe broke for the LAST time. :P Seriously, I told dh to take it apart and dispose of it because there is no way it is going to break on us when I'm having a baby. haha! I can't even tell you how many times we have fixed it in the last 7-8 years. So we will have a boxspring delivered tomorrow and be on solid ground...no frame at all. I am looking forward to being comfy again and not so low to the ground since our mattress is currently there!

I think I am (more than LOL!) set up for my newborn CD stash:
18 sm old style Fuzzi Bunz pockets
6x Monkey Doodlez AIO
12 Kissaluv 0 fitteds
3 xs ME Sandy fitteds
a bunch of me-sewn nb snap fitteds
2 xs Thirsties covers
2 s Thirsties covers
xs / s ME airflow covers
a bunch of preemie & infant PF
premium PF for changing on
extra sm microterry inserts
wool longies / covers / snappi's
tons of washcloths

Unfortunately my 21 mo old will still be in dipes too since she has tummy problems, so I have plenty more diapers for both of them to grow into. I need to get a couple new diaper pail liners though.

We are in a 2-level home for the first time so I found a second change table/shelf on craigslist so I don't have to go up and down constantly between the two diapered ones!! We're picking that up on Thurs. I already have the bins/baskets to go on the shelves.

My next appointment isn't until mid-week next week, and I will have them call in my 6 week herbal blend so I can pick it up from the natural health centre at the same time as my birthing supplies.

SOOoooo...other than that I am getting dd 21mo's new bedroom together and going through tons of baby girl clothes to pass on to a friend at church. Once I have her room done then I will move our gate so that she will have access to our room and hers. So she will have a safe place to play and her own bed when she is ready for it.

I had to buy a few new maternity clothes because my belly is huge and he is sitting so high! Actually he flipped breech a couple days ago so he must have plenty of room still...feels weird to have him kicking my bladder again and his head up in my ribs. :P

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#35 of 55 Old 04-07-2010, 01:47 AM

Does anyone else lurk in other DDCs???
I was just in the May DDC and saw that they have TWO babies who have been born already!!! May, people, MAY!!!! OMG!! Can I freak out now??

#36 of 55 Old 04-07-2010, 09:51 AM

*Mama moose* permission is granted to freak out, but you must do so while remembering that most of us will have to slog the full 40 weeks at LEAST.

I have 31 prefold inners and 7 nb and small bambino mio wraps, which i can use until babe is 7kg. Beyond that the plan is flats and wraps, but i haven't bought them yet (DD hit 7kg at 4.5 months so i have a while to worry on that one).

I do however need to get another lidded bucket. Given it will be summer i intend to dry pail my wet nappies and wet pail my poopie ones outside the back door (the washing machine is just inside the back door and there's a tap and a drain right outside there too, very handy )

Does anyone else feel big right now? I have just hit that stage of looking so pregnant that my (big fat) thighs are now slim in comparison to my round belly...
#37 of 55 Old 04-07-2010, 03:37 PM

mama moose ~ I hope you are having a better day today. I was going suggest buying a kiddie pool for birthing in then you could use it as a pool for the kids in the summer. I have seen some for around $30. Oh and I am totally having a freak out today at how close I am to meeting baby!!!!!!!!!!

gobecgo ~ I am HUGE!!!

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#38 of 55 Old 04-07-2010, 04:59 PM

As I told DH last night, I was having a major "pregnant moment". I was stressed out about not getting enough exercise, stressed out about how busy I'm going to be with my upcoming temp part-time job (on top of my other jobs), stressed out about money, stressed that it was getting later and later and we still hadn't been to the grocery store, and I could just feel the tears coming on. Thank goodness for an understanding DH and DS! DS gave me a hug and made funny faces to cheer me up, and DH helped by getting us out for a walk, then to the store for groceries.

The funny thing about DH is that he has started a workout program. He's telling me how sore he is, but when I say anything like, "Welcome to my world", he proceeds to tell me I couldn't possibly be as sore as he is. Really? I've been sore for months, every time I stand up/get out of bed, my hips hurt and I have pains that shoot through my butt, but I have no idea what you're feeling?? ;-) Sure.... ;-) At least he's understanding in most arenas...right? :-)

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#39 of 55 Old 04-07-2010, 05:05 PM

WOW!!! Everyone is so busy on here. I haven't checked this post since the first day it was posted (bad me). LOL It's good to see that everyone is staying busy and doing (mostly) well.

As for me....

Movies- We have Netflix, but might have to post-pone for a short while, while I get bills caught up. DF will be upset, since he uses the instant view all the time. Our current cue for DVD's is over 500 and our instant view pretty much stays at 500. But we don't seem to have a lot of time to watch anything. LOL We just finished the 3rd season of Deadwood, and watched Precious.

Books: I am in the middle of reading "Smoke and Mirrors" by Neil Gamien, who I love. I really want to read some more of Chuck Palinuk's books, but hate switching authors b/c I will get story lines mixed up.

Easter: OMG, I wish I could re-do it. We went back to Fort Worth on Saturday so we could spend Easter with family and our kids, since I haven't seen my girls in a month. We spent the night, after picking up my step-son, at my parents house. We went to church on Sunday morning, which was good and then went back to eat lunch. My mom made ham. My SIL's mom and brother came over, which was nice. But after dinner, DF and my mom got into a HUGE fight which sent me out of the room BAWLING. My ex-DH came and picked up the girls for Easter with his family and we left to go back to DF's family's house. We ate dinner and didn't really do anything. It was just a crazy, tension ridden weekend. But I loved spending time with my girls, my brother, SIL, and my neice.

As for everything else: Had 2 DA's so far this week, which I have already posted about, so I won't retype it. We left Fort Worth yesterday afternoon on the train to head home and thought we were going to be back by 7pm last night. NOPE!!! We got delayed by two hours due to construction on the track. UGH. I am so glad to be home now, but have to clean the crap out of our apartment, since I didn't get to before we left. DF and I did do some materninty photos on Friday and he surprised me with three finished photos on Tuesday. I've pretty much got most of Merrick's things put up. I do need to find a dresser for the rest of his stuff and we still need some things (ie: car-seat, more clothes, diapers, etc).

Gina: Wife to BrandonMommy to Azlea Noel 1-7-04, Valerie Raelle 9-28-05 and Merrick Lux born 5-29-10. S/m to Riley 6-27-02[/COLOR]
#40 of 55 Old 04-08-2010, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

pepper-gina, I can't remember your story. You moved recently and are looking for a new doc?

Aw, azdaisy, the pregnant mood swings are crazy! I remember completely falling apart when I was pregnant with DS, crying hard about what if I don't like the baby, or being a mom, or this that and the other. And that was just regular, not all the other stressful stuff you have going on.

*mama moose* what's going on with you and your BP and everything?

Wait, the May DDC is having babies?! NOOO! I am NOT ready. I am looking forward to meeting this new babe, but really wanting him to stay in as long as possible.

No spotting since Monday, woo hoo! I've been really good and spent a lot of time on the couch. Also, friends and family have been awesome at taking DS off to places to play. I will actually sit down if he is gone, but if he's here, even if someone else is here I will be up and down and too active.

I've been out of the house ONCE this week, to go get Motherlove Rhoid Balm from the birth center. Oh the joys of pregnancy!

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#41 of 55 Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah, and I'm a cloth diaper addict. I have decided to do just one-size pockets for both boys. But I am obsessed with prints and having variety. Right now my favorites are Blueberry, GoodMama the Ones, and Rainshine Designs custom one-size. I spend waaaaaay too much time online window shopping.

#42 of 55 Old 04-08-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnindinner View Post
Oh yeah, and I'm a cloth diaper addict. I have decided to do just one-size pockets for both boys. But I am obsessed with prints and having variety. Right now my favorites are Blueberry, GoodMama the Ones, and Rainshine Designs custom one-size. I spend waaaaaay too much time online window shopping.
I ADORE blueberry! They were my faves with my last This time i'm trying to stick to a budget. Plus i realized it's not as much fun to buy CD when you don't know the sex. So i decided to wait to purchase any more until AFTER we have the baby. Hopefully i wont be as addicted as last time (spent WAY too much money), though we're broke so it's not really an option lol!

#43 of 55 Old 04-08-2010, 03:50 PM

Cloth diapering: I'm new to the CD-scene. We plan to mostly CD with baby Caleb... and I hope to mostly use prefolds (or contours) and covers. I did buy three size 0 KLO fitteds for that loose BF poop, and I would like a couple AIOs to have on hand for DH or another diaper changer. I'm excited to try it out. A little worried about the added laundry, but not enough to not do it.

Major "pregnant moment": Oh man, yesterday was a very overstimulating day. I was just worn out by time the kids and DH got home (from school/work) and then we had someplace to go last evening... by time everyone was settled and in bed it was well after 10:00 p.m. I finally told DH was either going to scream at someone or cry... and everyone really needed to settle down! That is so not my personality... but I felt better after just telling him how I was REALLY feeling. I'm just so stinkin' tired. I feel like I tell everyone that... "How are you?" "Oh, I'm tired." I'm like a big stinkin' whiner... :nana

Motherlove Rhoid Balm Pgcy is so ladylike and feminine!

*mama moose* - Sorry about the stress... added stress when PG is no fun, and not good for your b/p either!

I'm puffy today. Just my fingers, hands and feet. My rings would never fit today. Anyone else? Its rather discomforting. My b/p always runs low in pgcy, so I'm not concerned in that respect (and I have an appointment on Monday). I think its just the warmer/more humid weather... the office is a little toasty today! I'm trying to drink more, but I have consistent reflux-like symptoms... so too much water is kind of sickening after awhile.

I just feel so much more "broken" than I did when PG with DD .

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#44 of 55 Old 04-08-2010, 04:12 PM

[QUOTE=Burnindinner;15276065]pepper-gina, I can't remember your story. You moved recently and are looking for a new doc?

Ya, we just moved at the end of February and I just found out about three weeks ago that my insurance isn't the same down here in this county, so I have to find new doctors. I'm just worried that I won't be able to see a new doctor for another month and I'm already starting to go back every two weeks. The good thing is, is I may be able to go back to Fort Worth in two weeks to see my old doctor one last time, but it's so expensive for us to travel for just one day.

Gina: Wife to BrandonMommy to Azlea Noel 1-7-04, Valerie Raelle 9-28-05 and Merrick Lux born 5-29-10. S/m to Riley 6-27-02[/COLOR]
#45 of 55 Old 04-08-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post
I'm puffy today. Just my fingers, hands and feet. My rings would never fit today. Anyone else?
YES !!! Me...It started today as well...and I'm due just days before you...weird hey?? It's mainly just my feet/ankles but I can't see much of my ankle bone right now which is unusual for me. I don't tend to swell until much later in pregnancy....hmmm

Anyway, my last appt was 2 weeks ago and my BP was 90/60 so I think I'll go into the drug store and self check today after my hubby gets home. Just to be on the safe side. Are you getting any high blood pressure symptoms? I'm feeling pretty good right now so I'm not too worried. It's hotter here today as well.

I hope that everything is ok

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#46 of 55 Old 04-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Are you getting any high blood pressure symptoms?
Tulafina - Nope, no other symptoms. No headache or puffy face. Just the puffy-ish hands and feet. My ankles seem pretty normal, I can certainly see my ankle bone. It's my hands that are bothering me the most, they feel achy with the swelling. I do have low grade carpal tunnel from a work history of a whole lot of typing... so I think that's probably the case.

If my B/P had been running high, I'd be more concerned - but it is always quite low, under 110/70 at appts.

Tomorrow the weather will be cooler, I don't have to work (so I can NOT be stuck in my desk chair) and I'll see if it improves!

I hope your B/P is a'ok still. I'm really leaning on the idea that the humidity has something to do with it. DD was born in February, so I didn't deal with ANY hot weather in the 3rd trimester with her.

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#47 of 55 Old 04-08-2010, 07:01 PM

Burnindinner I am so glad the spotting stopped!!!

Oh the puffyness we had a hot streak a week or so ago and that is when I had the puffy ankles. I think you are right with the warmer weather. Now that it is cool again they are back to normal. I also started chugging lots of water.

#48 of 55 Old 04-08-2010, 11:25 PM

I do have blood pressure issues but I wanted to chime in that I get puffy in the heat too! I'm not swelling any other time, and nowhere but my fingers and my ankles/feet, so I'm not worried about it. It goes down if I get some fresh cool air! I hope we don't have a massive heat wave in May though!!! I've had two middle of summer pregnancies so I'm shocked this time that my feet still fit in my shoes at 32 weeks this time

I haven't taken my BP since last tuesday at the store, but I'm going to my dad's house tomorrow and I'll do it there. And then I have a MW visit on Tuesday, but I like to have normal reading #s to bring in because it's been high there the last few visits but normal at home, and that's acceptable. I really really really don't want to go through this again. I was on this stupid roller coaster of trying anything to get it down in my last pregnancy and I almost lost my homebirth over it. It doesn't help my already lower than average self esteem to have your body essentially failing you Thinking about it is making me depressed, which I know doesn't help anything....
More whining from me, my 4 year anniversary with my DH is this Sat but we're broke so we can't do anything. I'm borrowing some gas $ from my dad so I can get to my MW visit on Tuesday, and I might take some of that to get picnic stuff and have a good day at the park with the kids at least.
Anyways, enough whining!

CDs! I registered for diaper service, and added it to our budget plan, so hopefully if we get gifted enough to cover the first month we can continue with it. I'm pretty excited about it, I did cloth with the first two for a few months but eventually gave up because of laundry issues. I really think this will help me stay commited to cloth this time! A friend is letting me borrow her XS and S covers, but I'd love to get some Thirsties wraps too if I can swing it. I have two of them in large and I love them! I love love love the tree print one they have in the Duo Wrap too

#49 of 55 Old 04-09-2010, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Hahaha it finally happened to me, too. Totally soaked my undies and pajama pants running to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Ugh. I'm so thirsty all the time, I keep drinking large quantities of water and it hasn't really been a problem until last night. Definitely going to start wearing protection.

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#50 of 55 Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Ah, bananabee, oh no! I told my friends I was going to start a twitter account called @isneezeddidipee and I was just going to say "yes" or "no". Maybe it's funnier when you're talking.

My hands and feet get puffier and itchier when it is hot. It's been hot this week, and last night my feet itched soooo bad. I have to keep the a/c up now. I know it's expensive and uses a lot of energy, but I turn into a bear.

Anyone else still bf'ing too? DS is going to town like it's his job. It kind of hurts right now.

#51 of 55 Old 04-09-2010, 04:52 PM

My DD weaned around 19 months, so a few months ago. I'm still too heartbroken to change my signature to show that I have no curent nurslings But it's probably for the best, it will be really nice to NOT tandem nurse this time. I tandem'ed when DD2 was born, it was ok but a lot of demand on my body and sanity!

#52 of 55 Old 04-10-2010, 11:47 AM

Hey guys, the week isn't over yet What's everyone's plans this weekend??

Today's my 4 year wedding anniversary, we are broke and have no babysitter but my dad gave me some gas money and a little extra so I think we're going to take DD1 (and DD2 of course but she doesn't care one way or another lol) to fly a kite at a park and I think we'll get some stuff to BBQ at a park grill and have a little picnic. I also need to get an apple pie because I slacked and didn't make one! We got married in Reno, totally vegas wedding style , and when we got back to the hotel everything food wise was closed except the 24 hr diner, which had a very limited dessert menu. So we ate apple pie ala mode instead of wedding cake. It's tradition now, every April 10th must include apple pie

Tomorrow I have church but I'm a "guest speaker" (read: token pregnant lady at church ) at the OWL program, which is like a sexuality education program for teens. I go to a UU church, but I guess United Church of Christ also does the OWL program. When I posted about it on Facebook people were a little confused about what it was, so I guess it's not very well known. Anyways, they wanted a pregnant person to come in and talk about pregnancy and birth and stuff like that, so I guess that's me. Which is actually pretty cool because I'm a doula (or will be...one day....) and I have homebirths and extended breastfeed and all that crunchy stuff, and they pretty much only picked me because I happen to be very pregnant and attending that church. So I get to share that with teens before their childbearing years, which is pretty awesome. I have social anxiety though so I keep telling myself this is going to be good so I don't pass out or something on Sunday.

On another note, I think I may also be getting my birth tub! She offered to rent it to me for just the cost of the filter (so, no profit for her, but she's not putting out her own $ either) and I think I still have my hose in the garage to fill it up, so I just need to come up with I think 35 dollars for the filter!! I can totally do that by May, and I'm going to bake her a big batch of muffins or something to thank her! I might be able to come up with some extra money too, it will make me feel better to be able to pay her for setting it up, etc. but it's a huge huge huge weight off to know that she's willing to do it for just the parts so to speak.

Oh, and my dad let me borrow his BP monitor, which gave me a reading of 115/67 yesterday, so I can stop stressing about it for now!

#53 of 55 Old 04-10-2010, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Ha that is kind of funny/cute to have a pregnant woman come and talk about pregnancy, etc. Personally, if I were a teenager I would see it as a good reason to postpone sex. Maybe that is just because I feel so huge and UNsexy now. I hope you will feel great as you talk to them. What a good time to make birth and breastfeeding seem normal! My 18 year old sister has now attended 2 home births (mine and my sister's), and she got to talk in her college developmental psych class about how normal it is, why it's better for moms and babies, etc. Awesome!

Which reminds me, so our sex life is nonexistent now thanks to pelvic rest, but I'm also just not feeling sexy at all. With DS my sex drive was so high! This time around it's like I've forgotten what sex is. I think it is due to still bf'ing plus a little fear about the previa plus hemorrhoids. Nothing kills a mood like hemorrhoids... I have no idea why I felt it necessary to talk about that, except pregnant sex is very different from regular!

Weekend plans - my birthday is tomorrow - 30! Eek! Feeling relaxed and more slow than normal, so it's been a quieter weekend. DH cooked breakfast, we went to the farmer's market. We'll probably grill out with my sister and her husband later. Oh how different from college...

#54 of 55 Old 04-10-2010, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

PS - Happy anniversary! And hooray on the birth tub

#55 of 55 Old 04-10-2010, 01:59 PM

Happy anniversary Mama moose! We got married in Vegas, but did more of a destination wedding at the Venetian. It was awesome! And so much fun! Have fun speaking, im terrified of doing public speaking. Enjoy it though, its so cool talking about pregnancy and childbirth!

Happy birthday burnindinner. My 30th is at the end of the month. I was excited for 30, but not to be pregnant and celebrating it lol.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page