Birth dreams - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-11-2010, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering if anyone else was having dreams about giving birth...

Last night, I had multiple birthing dreams. In the first dream, DH dropped me off at the hospital, my MW was there, and the baby was born before DH got back from parking the car. Ha! In the second dream, DH was there, MW was there, my mom was there, and everything went smoothly with the birth.

In the third dream, I was in a room at the hospital with other pregnant moms. This doctor showed up and started asking me all kinds of questions. Then, he tried to tell me that my due date was wrong, even though I kept telling him I wasn't due for 1-1/2 wks. He said he needed to know our cable or satellite provider. I asked him why, and he told me so they could broadcast my c-section live to our house and we could record it at home. I sat up and started screaming, "You will not cut me open! I want my MW, and I want her NOW!" I woke up not long after that. Wonder what this mama planning a VBAC has on her mind, huh???

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#2 of 5 Old 04-11-2010, 11:55 AM

Ok, the cable provider thing made me laugh a little! Go you for sticking up to that OB though!

I've had a few, one where I was at yoga and went into very active labor very suddenly, and someone drove me home, but no one could start my car (it has issues with starting up) and it got towed for being parked overnight without enough meter tokens

I also had a dream the other night that I was having one of those labors where you wake up and OMG the baby is coming NOW. And DH was at work and I couldn't get DD1 to bring me the phone so I could call anyone! I woke up from that dream and decided to move a phone into my bedroom when I'm full term! Not that I'd have any reason to think I'd labor like that, but it's always good to be prepared, right??

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#3 of 5 Old 04-11-2010, 12:57 PM

I have had a recurring dream where I go into labor very quickly at home while dh is at work over an hour away (we're trying to find him something closer to home ASAP). I call him but he wasn't able to get here in time. I decide to take a bath and things go from early labor to deliver in minutes. I end up giving birth in the tub before dh gets home. That's the point where I wake up, before I can see the face or gender of the baby. I think I've had this dream 5 times.

it's kind of funny because I'm not planning a homebirth at all. And a UC? haha But who knows.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#4 of 5 Old 04-11-2010, 09:17 PM

I've only had one labor dream and that was like three months ago. LOL I dreamt that instead of having a boy, we were having a girl. Go figure. LOL

Now I am having weird pregnancy dreams. Mainly more a long the lines of nightmares and weird dreams. I dunno. I just know there are nights that I wake up and cannot go back to sleep b/c I can't seem to "switch the channel" in my mind. I really hate those nights.

Gina: Wife to BrandonMommy to Azlea Noel 1-7-04, Valerie Raelle 9-28-05 and Merrick Lux born 5-29-10. S/m to Riley 6-27-02[/COLOR]
#5 of 5 Old 04-11-2010, 10:38 PM

A couple weeks back I had a dream I was giving birth to quads..that was kinda scarey! But there is def only 1 little girl in there!

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page