Weekly chat - April 11 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2010, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lisko, your post made me laugh - it's like we live in the same house! except I banned my cats outside til they are done shedding. I just can't handle it.

*mama moose* why does GBS+ risk you out? Do you mean you'd have to be at the hospital? But to answer your real question - hm, sounds like you have a lot to think about. Can you do things that are non-invasive but can help your body, like EPO, but not the stuff that might start labor before the baby is ready if your BP stays good?

Here, I am having a much better day. Much more able to just let go of the stuff that I can't do, like housekeeping, and DS had a good sleep day, which always helps.

at_the_hip, what a great experience to see your LO! I can't tell which direction this one is in, but he has a lot of room to move, and he's jamming into my ribs right now. Whew.

Not a lot to report. Hanging in there. Looking forward to the next u/s on 5/5 to see what the heck that placenta is doing. I don't have a feeling one way or the other, so I am eagerly awaiting finding out.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 09:47 PM

Oh, I didn't mean risk me out, I meant, if I'm GBS+ I'm not going to let my midwife stick her hand up there and mess with it! It's actually like 90% of why I did the test, because if my BP shoots up and we want to try to "induce" at home, I don't want to walk around with ruptured membranes being GBS+, especially artificially ruptured.
Maybe I will just do EPO and maybe cotton root, I did those last time and she came at 40+6.....

This baby is apparently head down all the time, the last 3 MW visits we've found his/her head way down in my pelvis! That's a good thing, but weird, because aren't 2nd and beyond babies more likely to move around a bunch and not "drop" until labor?

As far as the grumpy/tired feelings.....right there with you mamas! I'm not sleeping well at night at all, and it's getting to me during the day. Luckily I've gotten some nesting bug stuff going on which is letting me keep my house clean, and that makes me happier.....but I'm finding my patience very short with my kids and DH, and anyone else who crosses my path....

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
Old 04-15-2010, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Ah that makes sense, and probably how I'd do it too. Thanks for clarifying!

It seems like the time is flying by. I can't believe our babes will be here SOON!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:36 PM

When do you start EPO? I have pregnant amnesia.....

Old 04-16-2010, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnindinner View Post
It seems like the time is flying by. I can't believe our babes will be here SOON!
Yes it is! I am so glad, though! This lil girl is so active and keeps tumbling around, it feels so weird and I can't wait to have her out of me! I'm hoping she's sleeping a lot at night, because I pretty much feel her moving all day. Today she has been a constant earthquake in my belly with aftershocks to my cervix and bladder.

Incidentally, I was talking to some other moms, and one of them mentioned that if I have a scheduled C-sec, it would probably be 2 wks before my due date. I'll see my OB next week, and I'll see what she says. So far, it seems she hasn't ruled out a vaginal birth, but seriously I do NOT want to screw my back up after just having had such a successful surgery, and I'm not sure I'd be able to bear down properly and I don't want an emergency c-sec. Btw, I am so jealous of you ladies that get to have home births and/or water births. But at least I have an OB who is pretty crunchy, and so is the labor/delivery dept of the hospital.

Hooray for showers! Mine is Saturday, and I'm soo excited! Also, this week DH and I picked up a bunch of furniture from freecyclers, so now we have smaller couches and more floor space in the house for things like the baby swing my MIL sent us. We are rearranging everything and getting the house organized (finally!). It has pretty much been a royal mess since I was bedridden back in Oct. We never had put up our framed photos or mirrors, and finally we're getting around to that, too. Makes me so happy. It's finally going to look so much more like a home before baby Karina comes! My friend and I are almost done making all our cloth pocket diapers and inserts.

Okay, I'm bushed, so it's off to bed for me. Hope everyone's aches and grumpiness subsides soon, babies turn to their proper positions, and partners get it into their heads to pamper us all!

Living happily and embracing adventures.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:14 AM

mama moose - for me i drop when i have long babies lol. My 2nd was 22" and a few days early and she dropped and engaged at 36 weeks. With #3, i didnt drop til in labor and she was 18". So im interested to see what happens this time.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
Old 04-16-2010, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

I think different midwives have different recs, but with DS I started oral EPO at 1500 mg (I THINK) every day for 1 week starting at 37 weeks, then 500 mg/day after til delivery. Especially if you are trying to go early they might start it earlier and/or recommend internal too.

bananabee, if we have to schedule a c-sec b/c of the previa, it will be early too. I would be very surprised with a May b-day! But I think the OB would prefer before 39 weeks, so we'll see. Apparently with a previa any dilation is super dangerous for both of us.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Well, ladies, I just had my shower today. It was just wonderful, and I came home with a lot of super cute outfits and a handful practical gifts. I also got to meet and hold my cousin-in-law's baby today - he was born at 26 wks, and if he'd gone to term, he'd have been born in March. He was so precious - slept the whole time I was holding him. I just can't wait to meet my little one! I know these weeks will fly by just like the rest have. DH graduates and gets commissioned as an officer in the middle of May, and this week when I see my OB, I bet we will schedule my c-section. It is going to be an amazing summer.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

Living happily and embracing adventures.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:29 PM

Yay for baby showers! Don't they make it seem like you're so much closer to meeting your baby??
I'm having one (yep, for my 3rd baby lol) in 2 weeks, May 2nd.

I am so tired I can't even think enough to post a coherent post. I've been up every hour at night, sometimes even more often, and in a lot of pain at night so the sleep I'm getting isn't great........my brain is just going to melt into mush very very soon.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:21 PM

Aw sounds like fun! I'm not looking forward to my baby shower (also for our 3rd. my bff insisted that i have one since i have NO baby stuff left), simply because i HATE being focused on lol. But my sisters are coming out of town, so i'm very excited to see them all and my neices and nephews.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09

User Tag List