Knitters and crocheters! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-11-2010, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are you making for the baby?? I just finished school for the semester and breaking out my yarn

I want to make a few cute hats for munchkin, but don't know what else to make for him! DD was born in October, so I made warm stuff. With DS being born in summer, what do you make?

I have started a dress for DD, but wanted to see what you all are doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-11-2010, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I definitely need to make some longies (since June can still be a little cool here) and some shorties to go over diapers.

Oh, and I want to make a pair of Saartje's booties, they are adorable! I started a pair but never finished them when I was pregnant with DD2. I still have the yarn so I just need to dig it out and start them.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#3 of 7 Old 04-11-2010, 03:39 PM

I wish I could knit well or crochet at all. I knitted a "blanket" when I was pregnant with dd2. It's about the size of a washcloth and full of mistakes.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#4 of 7 Old 04-11-2010, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
I'm crocheting an afghan for a fellow pregnant Navy wife. She's due in 5 wks...I'm about a third of the way done. I feel bad because she's throwing my shower and made all my newborn cloth diapers and is helping me make the one-size dipes, too. She's not having a shower herself, because she says they don't need anything since it's her 2nd girl.

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#5 of 7 Old 04-11-2010, 06:13 PM

I've made lots of soakers and socks. It'll be hot here for his first few months so he'll just be in a t-shirt, soaker, and socks most of the time. I've sewn some little cotton hats for him so he has something for his head, but I thought any knitted hats would just be too hot. I think I'll start making small longies soon since I doubt I'll have time once he's here.

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

#6 of 7 Old 04-12-2010, 01:25 PM

I've knit a longie, hat, booties set for baby just need to find a shirt to go with it. I spun some yarn for the first time and mad a hat out of that yarn. I need to make more shorties though. Socks would be cute too.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#7 of 7 Old 04-13-2010, 04:59 PM

I've knitted a soaker, a couple of wee hats and a short sleeved cardi so far. I've another cardi on the needles at the moment and I've some yarn to do some more shorties. I might do a pair of longies too. I still plan on booties and some more hats in cotton. I'd also like to do a little vest. Feel a bit scattered with it all. I'm sure I'll get there in the end
(mariew: I love what you've been making. Your blog is lovely)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page