Does celery bother anyone else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-15-2010, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry if TMI, but last night, I had the worst intestinal gas pain of my entire life, and I'm not exaggerating or kidding or anything. I had made shrimp casserole for dinner, and it included cream of celery soup. I'd never known that celery could cause gas issues, and we had this casserole earlier in pregnancy without issues, but some quick online research today explained that it can.

I seriously couldn't sit in the chair last evening because all of my insides were getting squished and I was in pain. After a couple doses of Tums, I started feeling a little better, and I was able to get up, take a bath, and get ready for bed. After laying down for about 10-15 mins, the pain started coming back. I propped up pillows, and was so tired I fell asleep for about an hour. I woke up and was having horrible pains. (I also had a dream that our old OB was giving me surgery to remove my gall bladder, but they wouldn't give me anything for the pain. I guess this all must have felt like someone was cutting into me without any anesthetic!) ;-)

Anyway, after watching a little Punk'd...not my favorite, but the TV had accidentally been left on and the remote was on the floor on the other side of the bed...and taking more Tums, I fell asleep sitting up in bed for awhile (reminded me of when DS was a little nursling!). I felt somewhat better, so I slid down just enough to still be mostly upright, but to be able to put my head on the pillow. I slept 'til DS woke up about 6:45 AM.

Ay yi yi...had to finish taxes this morning, get mail ready to go out, do some training for one of my part-time jobs, and I have a bunch of other work to do. So.......if you are thinking of eating celery, you might want to take it in small doses, just in case!

I'm sure this story will make me laugh someday, but it's a little too fresh (no pun intended!) right now.

Hope you are all having a better digestion day!!!

Joanna

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-15-2010, 08:54 PM

Yikes that sounds awful! I haven't heard of celery doing that...although cooked broccoli and cabbage are quite gas-producing! Raw celery can be great for heartburn though lol!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better today!!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#3 of 3 Old 04-16-2010, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, at the hip! I still felt weird a good portion of yesterday, but it's hard to tell exactly how much of that was from the sore muscles from the day before or because I slept like junk the night before.

I slept better last night, thank goodness, and I am back to my normal aches and pains. Crazy when stuff like that happens that you are thankful for the everyday, normal aches and pains to be back! :-)

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page