Ordered my birth kit today!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2010, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SOOO excited. We are supposed to have it by 36 weeks so I'll definitely have it by then

Starting to gather the other *required items* and putting them in the corner of my bedroom. Can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going!!!

I have a list a mile long of things to do before this baby comes and what is DH doing?? Sleeping...at 6pm. Lol, he'll make up for that this weekend

What is on your "to do" list before baby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 09:52 PM

exciting!
I have a bunch of stuff handed down from other mamas, but sometime next week I really need to get it all together, order anything I don't have, and have my "box" ready.
I did buy those all fruit popsicles at costco today and put away 6 of them in a little box in my freezer and marked it "labor popsicles, do not eat!" Does that count as preparing for labor?

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
Old 04-15-2010, 09:56 PM

Nice! I've been hmming and hawing over who to order from this time. :P I keep filling up shopping carts online and then I get too tired to decide and go to bed. Back to the drawing board...LOL But I need to do it soon...I also have to register at our backup hospital as I was supposed to have that done a few weeks ago!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed2bmommy View Post
Starting to gather the other *required items* and putting them in the corner of my bedroom.
My birthkit arrived last week.. I still haven't opened it though.. I also got a birth pool.

What other "required items" did you get? I know I need a hose and an adaptor, but that's all I can think of.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Oooh--popsicles! Ha, never thought of that, but a great idea for summer. DD was born in October and we didnt have a heat problem

Other required items are wash cloths, receiving blankets, hats, heating pad, etc. I have a list from my midwife and I have most of it. I just need to find it and gather it in one place.

After that, I'm onto freezer food
Old 04-16-2010, 12:17 AM

Exciting! I haven't even really thought of anything for the birth. Granted, I won't need much as I deliver at a hospital and *grumble* they don't let me eat during labor. Since I've done the VBAC thing twice now, maybe I can talk my OB into "letting" me eat light things during labor if I feel the need.

I do need to call the hospital and get a tour scheduled. I know they've done some upgrades and I'd like to see what they've done to the birthing suites.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
Old 04-16-2010, 02:53 PM

Tiff- the hospital I volunteer doula at "lets" moms eat popsicles and drink juice....it's not food per se but it's better than ice chips! That might be a good compromise to ask for if she isn't ok with food in general.

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
Old 04-16-2010, 03:33 PM

Crap! Thank you for reminding me!!! I just wrote it on the calendar to order it on payday! That is cutting it close as i'll be about 35 weeks by that point, but we're too broke to do it now.

Um, i've got nothing except disposable diapers, a onesie and a gown. I need to dye the 5 onesies i bought but have been putting it off. I also have all my stuff for my birth board, but have been slacking. I keep putting everything off thinking we'll find the right rental home and then as we move i can handle it.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09

User Tag List