May Babies in April/June Babies in May? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 04-16-2010, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas,

As a first timer, I'm really surprised by how many May babies are being born in April! A May mama just had her little boy this morning and there's another who's water broke and is experiencing contractions. I think a couple of May babies are already a week or so old! I wonder what this bodes for us June bugs? How many of us will go in May? My due date is actually May 26th (it was adjusted after several ultrasounds) and I'm starting to get nervous/excited. I have a few things but still feel woefully unprepared. I think I'm going to go on a bit of a shopping spree this weekend and get nursing supplies (tops, pillow, etc.), diapers and maybe a few more newborn size onesies.

Anyone else thinking they may not make it to June and feeling the "crunch"?

Working mama to a wonderful baby girl. Married to a really sweet guy. Just trying to do my best.

#2 of 15 Old 04-16-2010, 02:54 PM

Right here! My due date is June 1, but I am definitely getting a little worried this little cupcake may be way earlier than that. My next appt isn't until 4/28, so I'll see what the dr. says, but I've been feeling really backachey and tired and just...off. She's super active, but suddenly she (and I!) seems to have really gotten big. This is my second child, and I was all of two days late with my first - the dr. said I'll most likely follow the same pattern this time as well, but I don't know..something's nagging me that things will be happening early. Hardly seems possible! And I've got diapers to wash still!
#3 of 15 Old 04-16-2010, 02:59 PM

With DS, I was due the end of November. I think my old OB (don't go there anymore) stripped my membranes at an appt a couple weeks before DS' due date. The next day, my water broke, and DS was born by c-section (whole other story) the next day. I don't imagine my body would normally go almost two weeks early, so I guess I'm "planning" on going at least to my due date, and probably longer, as my body will kind of act like a 1st-time mama because of the CS.

I think generally, most 1st-time mamas go until their due date at least, but every baby is different and every pregnancy is different. It's crazy as your due date approaches, because each day you wake up thinking, "Will I have a baby today?" What fun!! :-)

I can understand the desire to nest and prepare for LO. Our baby shower is next weekend, so I hope we're able to kind of stock up on some of the things we'll need. We already have most of the big stuff from DS, so that's nice. Plus, my mom and a friend from out-of-town will be here for the shower, so I'm hoping they will be able to help us organize all of the hand-me-down clothes we've received for the new LO and get them put in our closet, etc.

Have fun!!

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#4 of 15 Old 04-16-2010, 06:35 PM

Well, I'm due June 30, so really hoping I don't have a May baby. Once June gets here, though, I'm feeling like all bets are off. I've been having a TON of bh that are a lot more painful than they have ever been before. I keep getting this feeling things will go early and quickly this time.

With my last one, I was due 7/6. As June got there, I started thinking "maybe this month" and then I started labor symptoms on the 15th (I was just going back through some e-mails to a friend from that time) and ended up having her on the 23rd.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#5 of 15 Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 PM

I'm thinking that I won't be so lucky. I have never had a vaginal birth ( ) and my last little one was inside until 41w1d. I had started having contractions fairly regularly, but he couldn't wait. I highly doubt little squirmy here will be making an appearance in May.

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
#6 of 15 Old 04-16-2010, 09:12 PM

DDCC... I've had 3 babies and not one of them was born in the month they were due in. I'm hoping this one will be though as I am not due till the end of May! My first was due August 16 and I had him July 28, my second due Oct 31 and born Sept 25, and my third due June 9 and born May 28.

Tara - nurse and wife to a nurse, mama to four, Izak (7/28/99), Liam (9/25/06), Freya (5/28/08) and Luna (5/19/10)
#7 of 15 Old 04-17-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspirit View Post
DDCC... I've had 3 babies and not one of them was born in the month they were due in. I'm hoping this one will be though as I am not due till the end of May! My first was due August 16 and I had him July 28, my second due Oct 31 and born Sept 25, and my third due June 9 and born May 28.
Mine haven't been born in the months they were due either. #1 was due 9/28, born 10/7. #2 due 9/5, born 8/20. #3 due 7/6, born 6/23.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#8 of 15 Old 04-17-2010, 02:13 PM

I think i have figured out that what ever i think happens, may or may not happen. But no, i wont go drastically early. My body doesn't cook 'em that way lol.

With dd#1 i was 5 days past my edd. DD#2, born right on her EDD. Surro#1 she was 3 days early (the entire pregnancy i said she'd come on my bday, and lo and behold she was born on my bday). This time i'm thinking May 30th (which is only 2 days early). Simply because it would be really awesome to give birth on that day, it would mean i give birth in multiples of 5! So far i have given birth on the 15th, the 20th, and the 25th (in that order). But really who knows!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#9 of 15 Old 04-17-2010, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm due mid-June-ish (yeah, that's a word, right? ) and hope this baby stays put until around that time. DD2 came about 2 weeks early and since I'm a horrible procrastinator, I was not ready yet! I hadn't gathered up a lot of the homebirth supplies, car seat was still sitting in the garage, I was waaaaay behind on laundry and grocery shopping. I'd like to think I'll be ready earlier this time, but....

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#10 of 15 Old 04-17-2010, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This pg I am due June 3rd. With DS I was due Dec 21st and he was born Dec 30th so I am thinking it will be June but who knows right?
#11 of 15 Old 04-17-2010, 08:13 PM

I'm due June 5th. I went into labor on DD's due date and she was born in the early hours of the next morning. I have some girl friends who think this is a May baby, but I keep thinking I'll go into labor on my due date again. I guess there is something about this pregnancy thing that makes me think it's all going to be the same the second time around. Hah!

Truly, I feel like this will be a June baby, just not a June 17th baby I hope!

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#12 of 15 Old 04-18-2010, 12:25 AM

I'm due June 28, but I'll very likely go in May, though my hope is to make it to early June. We're desperately trying to get ready, because the doctor is thinking 32-37 weeks, and I'm 30 weeks this coming Monday.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#13 of 15 Old 04-18-2010, 04:41 AM

I'm due around the 5th or 6th. DD1 was born 6 weeks early and ds was born nearly 2 weeks late, so maybe this one will come on time?! You never know, I'm not paying much attention to EDD this time, although it would be nice to go into labour without thinking 'Oh my this is way too early' or 'oh hurry up or it's hospital induction for us tomorrow.'
#14 of 15 Old 04-19-2010, 10:44 AM

I'm not due until the end of june, so I'm guessing I'll have babe then. Ds was 2 weeks early and this one seems impatient. Like I have to take it easy to keep the contractions under control so I'm just being cautious until 36 weeks then all bets are off and babe can come any time he wants. I'll be 36 weeks the end of May so I suppose it's possible though.

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

#15 of 15 Old 04-19-2010, 02:46 PM

I'm due June 24th and expect to make it close to or past that date as long as the BP stays under control. So far, so good even though I am starting to swell up like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. I've only managed one truly spontaneous labor out of 8. I'd love it if I managed just one more.

Karen, homeschooling Catholic mom to 8. #9 due 6/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page