-~Spotlight on azdaisy~ (April 18-21) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-18-2010, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
azdaisy, this is YOUR thread! We'll ask questions for you to answer and you can add in anything else you'd like to share about yourself, your pregnancy, and your family. Anything at all!

Other June mamas, ask any question you like, it's all fair game. Of course, our spotlight mama can decline to answer anything that makes her uncomfortable

These first few are from our intro thread, so we can all remember who you are!
EDD:
Name:
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):
Names you like:
Birth Plans/Preferences:

And a few more so we can get to know you better!
What number pregnancy is this for you?
Is your baby very active, or laid back?
Have you "popped"?
Hobbies/Interests:
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself:

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#2 of 9 Old 04-19-2010, 01:20 AM

These first few are from our intro thread, so we can all remember who you are!
EDD: June 8
Name: Joanna
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH-our 6-year anniversary is next Saturday, the same day as the baby shower; DS-Owen 3yo (almost 3-1/2); 2 pugs (Mr. Puggles and Boo Bear); 1 cat (Noah) All boys, except me, until new LO arrives!
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Girl
Names you like: Taylor Kadyn
Birth Plans/Preferences: planning a VBAC, This time around, we are working with a MW group (birth in hospital), and we have a doula. We are hoping for much better results with this birth.

And a few more so we can get to know you better!
What number pregnancy is this for you? 2
Is your baby very active, or laid back? It depends on the day/time, but sometimes she's really rocking and rolling in there. I told DH sometimes it feels like on the Grinch movie, when the Grinch, dressed as Santa is going down the chimney, and he has his feet up over his head and he pushes out/up/down.
Have you "popped"? Yup. Though I was told today that I was "so tiny"! I don't feel tiny, and it's very obvious that I am pregnant. I'm just a lot smaller than with DS. At 7 months, with DS, I had gained 50 lbs. After watching my diet and walking in the pool, my weight leveled out. At our appt 1-1/2 wks ago, at about 30 weeks, I had gained 24 lbs, so much better! Before my hips started hurting, I felt pretty spry!
Occupation: WAHM, grade papers for an online university, sell used books on Amazon, do office/computer work for my parents' businesses, and temporary standardized test scoring. Whew! (You should have seen my stack of W-2's when I did our taxes...)
Hobbies/Interests: I love reading, and I really enjoy traveling. I've been reading lots of birth books lately, but haven't had a chance to read much the past couple weeks, since I'm doing the test scoring on top of my regular jobs. I haven't felt much like going anywhere while being pregnant, plus it would have meant traveling with 3yo DS by myself, and though I did it right after getting pregnant, that was enough to let me know I really need to wait until after LO arrives before venturing out again.
Share one weird/interesting fact about yourself: I am originally from Iowa, but decided I wanted to move. I picked up and moved to Portland, OR, in 1999 without a job or knowing anyone there. It all worked out...because I ended up meeting DH in Portland. Plus, I LOVE Portland!! Also, I was a contestant on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire a couple years ago.

Hope you are all doing well!

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#3 of 9 Old 04-19-2010, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck with the VBAC! For me (yeah, I know, you didn't ask. ), the key was finding a supportive HCP, laying out *exactly* what I did and did not want for interventions and such, and having my dh and mom there to help me execute my wishes.

How did you do on Millionaire? I would suck at it. I have such little random knowledge and can't recall things under pressure.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#4 of 9 Old 04-19-2010, 05:14 PM

That's awesome that you work from home. Man, you sound busy though. How did you get invovled with all this WAH stuff? I'm curious, b/c I would like to work from home, at least for a little bit.

Gina: Wife to BrandonMommy to Azlea Noel 1-7-04, Valerie Raelle 9-28-05 and Merrick Lux born 5-29-10. S/m to Riley 6-27-02[/COLOR]
#5 of 9 Old 04-20-2010, 01:38 PM

Tiffanoodle--Thanks for your advice and support with the VBAC! I actually won $16,000 on Millionaire. I felt horrible having to quit on the $25,000 question, but I just couldn't give up the $ in hand to trade it for a chance at more. I usually have just random crap in my head...not so much while pregnant, though! ;-)

pepper-gina--Thanks! Yes...very busy. :-) It actually took a long time to find my WAH stuff. I used a website called www.ratracerebellion.com to find lots of options. They have all kinds of stuff, but a lot of it didn't really apply to me, so I had to really research and look. Plus, working for my parents is nice...I usually work a little bit when I need extra money for bills, etc.

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#6 of 9 Old 04-20-2010, 05:38 PM

Definitely impressed with the Millionaire stint! I too cannot think under pressure and would suck at it!

How are you feeling about your VBAC plans?

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#7 of 9 Old 04-20-2010, 06:10 PM

Burnindinner--Oh, I was a nervous wreck! I guess someone more financially established would have seen it as pure fun, probably, but as we really needed the money, I saw it as a way to try and raise money for my family. That's probably not the intention they have on the show, but it was our reality. It was a wild and crazy experience, and I'm really glad I was able to do it, though! :-)

As far as VBAC plans, I'm feeling pretty good. I've done a much better job keeping my weight down, and I'm trying to stay as active as possible. It's not like I'm working out, or anything, but I try to do things for myself, rather than send others to do it, and I do my best to try and keep up whenever we are all walking somewhere...that kind of thing. Last time, we had an OB, and this time we have a MW group. Last time, we were just kind of scared to death and didn't really know what we were doing or how things should go. This time, we are having a doula, and I'm really glad to have her coming to the house ahead of time, hopefully helping us wait until we actually need to go to the hospital before we just frantically hop in the car. I feel like I'm more educated this time around, too. (I think last time that I knew how I wanted things to go, but I didn't know how to make them happen.) This time, I feel like we have a supportive team which will do everything in its power to help us VBAC. I know things can happen, but all we can really do is set ourselves up for the best possible chances and stay positive. I don't want my mantra this time around to be, "Honey, please make sure you wake me up when he comes out, because I don't want to miss this!" I want to be alert and actively participating in the birth, instead of laying around being scared to death/drugged. I hope everything works out like we've planned! :-)

#8 of 9 Old 04-21-2010, 03:08 PM

Your plans sounds awesome. I hope you are successful. Do you have any birth affirmations you are starting to use yet?

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#9 of 9 Old 04-21-2010, 07:30 PM

Burnindinner--Thanks! I actually haven't thought of birth affirmations, or anything like that, yet. I have been so busy the past couple weeks that I haven't been able to do much other than work, but I'm hoping that evens out soon. :-) I was thinking about putting something together with the affirmations from the bead swap--maybe gluing them in a notebook or something? Thanks for getting me thinking!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page