Last week my daughter fractured her arm (requiring surgery) and will be in a cast until I'm 37 weeks...that sent me into panic mode-I have so much left to get ready!!
So...can we share our lists? I'm going to write mine down first and post shortly...I need some accountability here!!
- I have to wash some baby stuff.
- I have to unpack our crib, but since the baby won't sleep in it for a few months I don't feel rushed.
- I have to figure out when I want to start taking my RRL tea & EPO regularly.
- I have to finish sewing some newborn diapers.
1. Finish sewing & putting snaps on cloth diapers.
2. Wash all the baby clothes, burp clothes & blankets we got from the shower.
3. Order Fisher Price Rock & Play Sleeper & car seat bases
4. Clean up/organize the whole entire house and stop making messes!
5. Schedule c-sec, doula/SIL, put together music for the birth, figure out what to do with the dog while I'm in the hospital.
6. Put together kits of dry ingredients for baked goods that we enjoy so I can throw things together quickly.
7. Cook & freeze a few more meals.
Living happily and embracing adventures.
prewash baby clothes and moses basket linens..
rewash baby diapers (will probably do that today- just need to get some tide and washing soda for a good stripping)
clean up my bedroom and living room- the bedroom needs serious help
roll up rug and set up birth pool (but won't want to do that for several weeks still)
go through my birth kit (haven't even opened it yet)
read up some birth books (I have one on homebirth that I still haven't finished)
attend my baby shower! (ha! pretty much all the work on that is done, as I got an update today!)
At the end of May I really need to focus on getting back on track with my chiro and acupuncture appts. I am still seeing the midwife when I am supposed to, but I have a hectic schedule and really lapsed on those two.
find a dresser for DS so the baby can have the one that matches the crib
Convert the crib back to a crib (even though we won't use it)
wash all the baby clothes
Buy a carseat
Finish transfering DS to his new room (he wanted it)
I would like to:
Finish the quilts I started
weed the backyard
finish our landscaping project out front so we'll have a nice table and chairs out there to sit and watch DS play
Long list, not good. I am due June 3rd!
1. Purchase a pack and play for our bedroom
2. Purchase a carseat
3. Purchase the crib/mattress (I think I'm getting it at www.albeebaby.com so I need to get on ordering it), DH isn't going to put it together until baby comes though
4. Buy baby detergent and wash some clothes, especially the newborn clothes
5. Rearrange office into office-guestroom with our futon
6. Figure out office desk solution
7. Buy diapers, wipes, and some bottles
8. Reorganize the kitchen cabinets so I won't feel panicky when other people are cooking in my kitchen
9. Cook and freeze at least a week's worth of dinners
10. Put together the small cookbook of recipes for Dh
11. Bake some cookies and muffins for the bris
12. Put together list of invitees for my baby shower
1. Get DH to finish painting trim in baby's room
2. Get some more bins for shelves in baby's room
3. Sort PILES of handmedown clothing
4. buy dresser and stock it
5. sew cover for handme down glider
6. DD and I are going to paint some art for the baby's room
7. buy snap and go frame
8 pick up boppy, car seat, bouncy seat, bjorn handmedowns
9. put together crib and co-sleeper (for other sleep options)
10. rearrange a few closets to take in stuff that was moved out of baby's room
11. arrange Big Sister arts and crafts party for DD (paint, decorate onsies, a few games. I want to make cupcakes that look like breasts but I think that might make some of my friends a little crazy!
12. For birth - meetings with doula, buy or borrow a birth ball, continuing my relaxation and breathing exercises.
13. Freeze a few meals
14. make my list of people to take DD
15. go to my girls night out shower!
1. put in my annual flower garden
2. 3-4 more school fundraisers
3. hosting a baby shower for two other friends
4. Get work stuff under control so it can stand a few weeks without me paying attention to it.
5. sign up for DD's summer camp.
Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned
1. plant my garden (hopefully happening today)
2. clean my house really well before the baby shower in 2 weeks (it's at my house even though my friends are throwing it lol)
3. take everything out of the spare room (the loveseat mostly, I have a HUGE birth tub) and put up whatever pictures I want for birth, get it ready for the birth tub to go in there.
4. clean off the junk on top of my dresser. I want my bedroom to be spotless!
5. On my nesting list is cleaning the sides/back of the stove, but I guess that's not REALLY needed....
6. buy more labor foods and some easy snacks for postpartum
7. clean out the car really really really well (so I can put in the carseat)
1. get small diaper covers from my friend
2. get maya wrap and bouncy seat from other friend
3. clean up and bring in the swing from the garage, and find a place for it that my kids will not destroy....
4. get some pants and/or baby legs in neutral patterns (I have lots of baby shirts and no baby pants)
5. get my birth kit things together, including things I need from friends and things to order online, and put it all in a plastic tote (THIS WEEK!! NOTE TO SELF: DO THIS!! )
6. install the carseat
7. figure out whatever other "stuff" I need after my baby shower on May 2nd, I don't think I need much, maybe nursing pads/cream if no one gets me that....
Bought 2 boxes of diapers
Left to do:
I think i'll just read over all your lists about 2 weeks before i'm due and ask dh to get to it. I have no drive lately!
-Plant garden because even though I have a black thumb, I am determined to grow SOMETHING we can eat this year.
-Rip walls down, add outlets, and clear out dining/entry/laundry rooms for the drywallers to come this Thursday-Friday.
-After the drywalling is done, pick out paint and enlist help to paint.
-Take everything out of bathroom drawers/cupboard and organize it.
-Clean, clean, clean, and then clean some more.
-Work on going through boxes in garage and attic.
-Get dh to set up swing set so the kids don't drive me CRAZY this summer.
-Once rec department signup happens, make a index card book of who needs to go where on what days.
-Figure out what we're doing with dogs while in hospital/first couple weeks Baby is here.
-Freezer meals is a good idea.
-Get stuff together for, set a date for, and have yard sale.
-clean our closet so we can fit the pack n play and his/her "stuff" in there.
-Buy new pack n play and then set it up.
-Install car seat bases (I'm restraining myself. I really want to do this one)
-Find, sort, wash, figure out where they're going to go, and put baby clothes away.
-Buy new exercise ball. Kids popped mine and with Cadence I loved bouncing on it at home before I'd progressed enough to go in to the hospital.
-Get out and sterilize all breast pump stuff.
-Figure out what we're going to do with kids while we're in the hospital.
-Pack hospital bag (also restraining on this one )
I am actually going to install it soon.
-buying cloth diapers (I am not crafty like some other people here...) I have at least decided where I will get them from.
-picking up hand-me-downs from friend
-getting my new dishwasher to work (this is really driving me crazy)
-buying a bouncy seat to put down the baby
-deciding wether or not a pack-and-play could be useful and purchasing one if necessary
-Getting a baby monitor (I cannot hear what goes on upstairs from the basement)
-organize DD's room and sort through her toys to avoid future clutter
-clean my house (that's a big one I guess)
-get the things I need for the birth (not much really)
-arrange for someone to pick up DD from school if I go into labour while she is not home and
And, if I suddenly have extra money and time;
-buy a new mattress
-re-paint DD's room
-plant some herbs
I am hoping to have everything ready by the time I hit 36 weeks (33 today). I will be working until 39 weeks so I'd rather be running around getting ready now while I still have some energy left.
- put night stand in attic, set up co-sleeper in it's place
- call friend re car seat(s)
- post to friends and / or freecycle for any needed baby cloths / items
- buy washing soap for diapers and bb cloths
- set up changing station and clothing storage system on window seat
- bring up diaper bin / pul laundry bags from basement
- organize / clean our bedroom
- organize / clean Tobias' bedroom, winter / summer clothing swap
- post on freecycle for cloths / shoes for Tobias
- clean house then book cleaners for spring cleaning (@ 38wks??)
- talk to mother about coming to help after birth
- make list of friends to help with Tobias at/after birth and meals
- solidify placenta encapsulation plans with friend
- plant garden plot at church
- prep and plant garden in front of house
- book folks to help reseed or sod the back yard
- wash carriers and wraps
- roll up bedroom rug
- find or buy large vinyl table cloth with soft underside for underneath tub
- buy faucet attachments and hose for birthtub, set up tub and do a dry run
- gather birthkit supplies from midwifery supply closet and order any other needed supplies
- solidify birthday cake frosting recipe, buy snacks, freeze soup and casserole, and pina colada fixin's for birth
- think of really really good gifts for my midwife friends for helping us
Oy vey, I'd better get my bottom in gear!!!
1. order birth kit
2. order pool and hoses
3. strip and sun nb diapers
4. wash nb clothes and towels/blankets for birth
5. freeze food for birth team
6. decide what to make in labor, cake?
7. make batches of popsicles and smoothies for labor
8. trip to IKEA for DS's Big Brother present (train set!)
9. install carseats
10. figure out where to put pack n play and downstairs diapers and set up cosleeper in our bedroom
11. Spring Clean and purge DS's toys
12. DH needs to finish fencing our backyard before I reach the point in pregnancy that DS is faster than I am
I think that's pretty much everything.
Alison: BFing, BWing, ERFing mama to KidA (12/25/07) and KidO (6/26/10)
1) Build storage unit efficiency shelves--hubby is working on these as we speak. We should be able to get way more "bang for the buck" out of the little storage area in our apartment.
2) Finish buying newborn CD supplies, plus perhaps some infant sizes. Am going to the CD store on Tuesday after my doctor's appointment.
3) Wash baby clothes and blankets--working on this now. I couldn't resist and bought a fair amount of baby clothes (3 month size, I think I've got a big one cooking) which I am washing this evening. Will put them in underbed storage containers until.....
4) Buy second-hand, waist level bureau for baby
5) Set up baby room, moving our bed to the den, rearranging apartment furniture and such. This includes downsizing hubby's fish tank and getting rid of that too, so is still a big job. One that *he* is in charge of.
6) Buy a fishtank stand for smaller tank, a new standing mirror and a few other household things.
7) Process all the baby shower stuff....wash, put away, install car seat, put together swing etc.
8) Shower thank you notes
9) At least a couple of freezer meals
10) Keep working on cleaning the apartment and getting things ready.
I didn't know what else to do, so I replaced the missing ingredients, smoothed it over, and stuck it in the freezer. Am I terrible? We'll bake it before eating, ofc. I just couldn't throw all that food away.
Living happily and embracing adventures.
Baby To Do List
•Re-organize dresser to fit baby’s clothes
•Buy changing pad
•Buy newborn diapers and wipes
•Buy Ana and Baby Big/Little T-shirts
•Sterilize/Replace Pump Parts
•Pick out a few bottles/replace nipples
•Check on borrowing a co-sleeper
•Install carseat base in van
•Pack hospital bag
•Wash baby clothes
•Buy shelf for Ana’s room
•Clean out things Ana doesn’t need in her room
Sewing To-Do List
Finish Friend's New Baby's Blanket/Bib/Burpcloth
Prayer Blankets for church
Baptismal bibs for church
Hooded Baby Towel
Decorate Burp Cloths
Gratitude Wrap for Ana's former teacher
Anna Marie Horner Baby Blanket
Jersey Receiving Blankets
Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!
Pick out two names - one for a boy, one for a girl
Set up Bassinet
Organize birth supplies
Re-make bed with waterproof liner, extra sheets
Winter to summer clothes switcheroo
Move DS3's clothes into a (new?) dresser in his room
Sort baby clothes, put neutrals in the baby dresser
Organize deep freeze
Make Freezer meals
Install car seat base, set up carseat
Collect cloth diapers from a friend who borrowed my NB sizes
Decide if I want to sew a few extra
Wash carriers and wraps
gifts for midwives
snacks and drinks for birth, after
Dig up old birth plan, rework for this go-around
- Buy a couple last homebirth supplies (witch hazel, hydrogen peroxide, electrolyte-balancing drinks)
- Rearrange bedroom a bit (crib is already set up, with one side off to be sidecarred, so just need to move the nightstand to the other side and push everything together)
- Buy cloth diapers
- Buy more pads for me
- More cooking/baking/freezing
- Solidify plans for who does what during labor/birth
- Maybe buy another nursing tank or two (I'm trying to buy one each in a couple of styles, since I usually live in tanks during the summer and want to figure out which are best for me)
Meanwhile, I'll try to get some extra cleaning/organizing done. And I want to wrap up a number of things at work so that I'm more prepared for the time off.
Here are some things I can think of right now...
Clean out dresser in closet to make room for baby clothes (hoping to do this with mom and friend next weekend while they are in town for shower)
Reorganize our closet to make room for baby clothes/stuff
Clear boxes out of our room to make room for cradle/swing, organizers
Put together swing from garage, find rechargeable batteries for it
Wait 'til after shower to figure out what we still need
Shower thank you's
Sterilize breast pump parts
Go through all of the baby clothes people have handed down to us and put the smallest ones in the cleaned-out dresser
Figure out who we're going to call to watch DS when it's time to go
Install car seat bases in car/truck--move DS' seat to one side of the vehicles...not sure how this will go over with him
Make final action plan with mom (she'll be flying from Iowa once I'm in labor)
Figure out who will feed our dogs/cat
Clear place in livingroom for pack 'n' play/setup pack 'n' play
I'm sure there are about a million other things to do. One thing I learned with DS, who was born almost two weeks before his due date, was that there aren't actually that many things that HAVE to be done ahead of time. There are lots of things that can make life easier, of course, but there were things we were planning to do (organize nursery--DS didn't sleep in it 'til almost 1yo, pick a middle name--did it at hospital,etc.) in those last couple weeks, and they just didn't happen. If they were important, they got done when they needed to be done; if they weren't that important, they maybe never got done. If you are birthing at the hospital, you must have a car seat, and some baby clothes for taking baby home. Other than that, you'll do it when you need to/can. :-)
I still need to:
-Get moses basket from a friend (her DS is still using it!)
-Figure out what to do about the moses mattress (i am thinking a folded towel will do the job fine)
-Get my dad to come back with the cot side (which he is mending) and assemble the cot
-Wash cot sheets and blankets and make up cot
-Put car seat in car
-Buy storage boxes for baby's clothes and nappies and organise them all
-Knit baby jacket which i bought the wool and buttons for ages ago (not going to do newborn size anyway as i'd rather it can be worn for a few months rather than weeks)
-Wash various new baby clothes i've bought or been given (already done my own and the hand-me-downs from friends)
Still to buy:
couple of soft/baby towels
baby bath/changing supplies (from Weleda website)
flats and wraps for a 7kg+ baby (already got the smaller sizes)
new nursing bra's (waiting until i'm nursing)
Still to "do" but not for me or my baby:
Sew nice receiving blankets for 2 pregnant friends and a ring sling for a 3rd.
This is bound to grow if i think about it - i don't think anything except either the moses or the cot is critical, i want it to have SOMEWHERE to sleep other than my bed, but everything else i can probably work out when it gets here. We also need to find a name for a boy....
Clean out baby's room (its currently my closet and the junk room)
Re-store my clothes somewhere
Paint baby's room
Order bedding set
Have baby shower! (May 8th)
Buy remaining baby stuff - Moby and more CDs.
Have garage sale (thanks for the reminder... someone else had this on their list)
Paint family room and dining room
MUST Install new carpet in family room (its so disgusting)
(We'll have the extended IL family here in July to meet baby Caleb, and that just has to be done before!)
Set up new office space for me in quieter room (I'll be working at home post-baby)
Wash baby clothes
Prep and wash CDs
Pack hospital bags!
10 weeks left! I think we are okay. However, we probably won't start any of it until May. (Although I'm sure there's more to my list I'm forgetting...)
Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (his) ~ DD 9 (mine) ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours)
(Well, not exactly true - we *might* have the name but not totally decided yet. And I've got to make sure DH agrees with the middle name which is a really odd-sounding family name that I want to use.)
Oh, and nursing tanks, monitor and my birth plan!
Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned