YEOOooowww!! belly pain - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-21-2010, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This little boy must be growing! I'm pretty sure that he is still breech and that his little head is the cause of all of my pain, but holy cow I can hardly walk around at the moment!

The top of my belly on the right side (below ribs) feels so bruised and acutely painful that it even hurts to touch the skin. I'm lying low until things hopefully don't hurt as much. Anyone else? I remember this to some extent with the other girls but not to where I couldn't be up and about!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#2 of 5 Old 04-22-2010, 10:30 PM

I share your pain - literally. My baby is breech too and only recently did I start feeling that stabbing pain under my ribs as if there was very severe bruising - almost hurts just to breathe!!!
I heard there is a way to encourage them to flip - or at least create more space so there's room for them to flip. It's called the Webster Technique. There's a chiropractor here that does it so I'm going to try her out. Also, my acupuncturist can help w/ that too but she wont do it until I'm 37 weeks.
Good luck! Here's hoping you can take it easy.
#3 of 5 Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 PM

This week I started to get the same rib pain I got with all my babies. It is a good reminder that I only have a little more to go before baby is born!! It really flares up in the car or on the couch.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#4 of 5 Old 04-23-2010, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Yeah, count me in with the rib pain, too. I totally get that on the couch and in the car. It just burns sometimes, esp if I try to get in a sitting position where I have my feet up. Lying down is okay. I'm really getting excited about having my baby, and just can't wait to have her evicted from my belly! My OB said she is head down, though. It's so weird to try to think of how she is probably positioned right now.

Living happily and loving it!
#5 of 5 Old 04-23-2010, 04:57 AM

My rib pain is more at the back in my false ribs (both sides). I get DH to stand behind me and squeeze them back into a more normal position with his big hands as they're all spreading to make room just now. It's bliss but a hard position for him to maintain for long.

I keep getting charlie-horses in my abdominal wall, my babe is cephalic but every now and then a little (or should i say long, they feel as big as his sisters were already!) foot pokes out hard and for a while and my muscles spasm - it can seriously put a downer on a whole day when i can barely move without it hurting and i've been getting them for months and STILL haven't figured out how to relieve them!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page