lots of braxton hicks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 05-14-2010, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can the next 3 weeks just be over already! I will be 34 wks on Saturday and just need to make it to 37 wks. A week ago baby dropped, then Sunday morning I think I lost my mucus plug. Since then my braxton hicks have picked up, not too much though until today. I've woken up to some painful ones every night this week but only twice or so a night. Today I feel like I've had a million braxton hicks, many I had this afternoon were so mild that I was questioning whether I was having one or not. They slowed down for a good 3 hours but now are picking up again and I just know I'm gonna end up hooked up to the monitor at the hospital sometime tonight. And then it will be nothing and I will feel stupid. Grrrrr, if they keep up I will call the doctor, I really really hate this!

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 05-14-2010, 12:16 AM

Hang in there!!! I went for my jog on Tuesday at lunch and an hour later I was having crazy BH every couple minutes and it went on for hours. That is the first time it has ever happened to me (this is my second) needless to say that was my last jog for this pregnancy. I was just sitting there too, so I got pretty nervous. Luckily, mine really tapered down at bedtime and have been sporadic since. I really hope yours go the same way. I am sending good vibes your way for the BH to really slow down or even go away for you so you can get some rest.
#3 of 17 Old 05-14-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, after that I laid down for a few hours before bed and after a while they stopped. I did go walking in the late afternoon and that may have made the ones I had in the evening worse. I get so stir crazy when I laze around all day but it looks like I can't go out for even an easy going walk to relieve that.

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
#4 of 17 Old 05-14-2010, 10:31 PM

I'm due the same day as you and in a similar situation! I get lots of BH contractions-probably a good 4-7 an hour all day long. It gets worse in the evening as I've been on my feet all day. Earlier this week I am pretty sure I lost a chunk of my plug and my babe is low as well. I'm happy my heartburn has disappeared! This is the first time I've actually had any indication my baby may actually come before 40 weeks-the other two were after my "due date". I don't want to get my hopes up though!!

Mama to Noah and Sophie and Stella 7/4/ 2010
#5 of 17 Old 05-14-2010, 10:52 PM

I know what you mean. I'm due the day after you and am having the same problem. I've had to really take it easy this pregnancy because I keep feeling like I'll go into labor if I do too much. My son was born at 38+4 and I was planting my garden, mowing the lawn, and walking a mile every other day up until he was born. I know this baby will be early, I'm just trying to take it easy until 37 weeks, which is 3 weeks and 2 days from now.

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

#6 of 17 Old 05-15-2010, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to know you other momma's are experiencing the same thing! I continued to have a lot of ctx yesterday, they were about every 20 minutes all afternoon. I have my next prenatal on Tuesday and I really hope the doctor checks my cervix so I can know if anything is happening. I think it would relieve a lot of my fears if it hasn't progressed too far. I've continued to lose a lot of cervical mucus. I've never had any bloody show in my other two pregnancies, even after dilating past a four so I can't count on that to warn me.

#7 of 17 Old 05-15-2010, 03:42 PM

Lots of BH cx here too...sometimes they are 5 min apart. But I am not in labor, and I remember this well from the others. It is definitely made worse by dehydration, and when ds is posterior...oh yes, and a FULL BLADDER, which happens a lot too! Nothing feels worse than cx (even practice ones) on a full bladder.

ETA: So mine are fairly pointless except maybe to try and turn baby and a little effacement...I've never been earlier than 6 days over!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#8 of 17 Old 05-15-2010, 08:18 PM

Yeah, I am 34 weeks yesterday and noticed I am having a bunch of bx, actually right now they seem to be every few min. What I really notice is that I have more of them when I have not had enough to drink and that freaks me out a bit, so I have been more careful lately about how much I am drinking and about eating really healthy, so this kiddo has no excuses to evict early.

I feel so big and am tired at night and have a hard time believing that I could potentially have 8 more weeks or so!!! Although I could use the time for cleaning and organization! LOL!

Right now I just want my last mama to deliver (although I know she wants it more than me!), she is a primip so I am praying that for both our sakes she will have a reasonable length labor. She is past 41 weeks. We did just find out today that her mom carried to 43 weeks with one of her pregnancies... hum... Anyway, my assist midwife for the birth is awesome and I know she will be a huge help...it is just a lot of physical work. I just try to forget about being pregnant and rock out the work.
#9 of 17 Old 05-15-2010, 10:19 PM

I hit 36 weeks today, and mine seemed to have picked up significantly since yesterday. We walked around the mall last night after dinner and my pace was definitely slower due to them! I've had quite a few today, too!

Alexas , Wife to Bobby , mama to Macie Quinn(6)dust.gif Emery Pearl (3)energy.gifand Baby Boy due in July belly.gif

#10 of 17 Old 05-16-2010, 01:11 AM

You are DEF. not alone when it comes to uncomfortable BH!!

#11 of 17 Old 05-17-2010, 06:05 PM

Last Tuesday I had to fly to Virginia for an interview - 35 week preggo. On my return trip on Wednesday, all the flights were delayed due to the storms. I ended up getting home just before midnight. The next day I was totally exhausted and had BH on and off all day. I tried laying down, but they didn't get any better. I decided to take things easy for a couple days and they seem to have quieted down for now...

I was definitely surprised, because I didn't have any that early last time around.
#12 of 17 Old 05-17-2010, 08:18 PM

I can totally relate to VERY uncomfortable BH. I had them constantly with DD from about my sixth month on... and she decided a week late was fine for her to make her entrance. I am having them a lot this time too and I'm not counting too much on them. Baby is moving a lot and I'm doing all the things I should be doing either way. If they got longer, stronger, and closer together for any period of time I would then be concerned.

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#13 of 17 Old 05-17-2010, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Ugh. My BH are really getting painful today, and frequent. They are sort of constant. Ugh. Baby has dropped a good bit, too. My next OB appt is Wed morning. I REALLY don't feel like bothering about this on our anniversary. I mean, we can't have a baby born on our anniversary. That would be so wrong. Besides I'm only 36 + 1, and still haven't even packed a bag. Well, part of that is b/c I've been having BH all week and don't feel like doing anything.

DH is out picking up our fancy anniversary dinner from my favorite Italian place and will be back in a few minutes. Owwww. Doesn't help that I'm pretty gassy, too. Please tell me this is all very normal and not an indication that the baby is coming soon.

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#14 of 17 Old 05-17-2010, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

bananabee... are you sure your having braxton hicks? Isn't this your first? I never had any with my first and almost no one I've talked to has. If they get in a pattern, like every 10-15 minutes you should call your doc.

#15 of 17 Old 05-18-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarch27 View Post
bananabee... are you sure your having braxton hicks? Isn't this your first? I never had any with my first and almost no one I've talked to has. If they get in a pattern, like every 10-15 minutes you should call your doc.
Well, I called the on-call OB several nights ago when it got bad for the first time, and talking through it, we were pretty sure it was just BH. A friend who works in labor and delivery said they sent a lot of women home that same night who thought they were in labor.

Yeah, this is my first baby. I'm trying to find out from my mom how far along she was when she had her babies. As for frequency, they're all the time and the intervals vary from every 15 mins to every 2-3 mins. I dunno. I am just getting really tired of this. They hurt so much sometimes, and other times they just feel tight. Baby is still super active, esp after I eat or drink anything. I've been taking it really easy the last few days, and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

#16 of 17 Old 05-18-2010, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

I hope you have a prenatal soon! Even braxton hicks can dilate and efface the cervix so I'm surprised they haven't had you come in to get checked with how often your having them. How much longer till your c-section? Maybe you will have this LO earlier than you think.

#17 of 17 Old 05-18-2010, 01:57 PM

I have an OB appt tmw, but I've asked them not to do any cervical checks. I just can't tolerate them without some form of sedation. Haven't seen my doc in 2 wks, so she doesn't really know what's going on. I'd love to have the baby next week if she is ready to come out. The last few days I've been sleeping a lot more - at least 12 hrs a day broken up by potty breaks every 1-2 hrs - and just being extremely lazy. Sometimes I get an hour off from BH, but they come back again. Really getting tired of this. I hope you're right!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page