Bad no good terrible mood right before labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have this happen? You went from an okay/regular/everyday mood (with a bit of "dang, my body aches!" thrown in) to a TERRIBLE mood and went into labor not long after?

Ever since Thursday/Friday, I've been in a BAD mood. I mean, I'm pleasant, but my fuse is SUPER SHORT. Today DH was telling me about something involving a computer he was working on, and normally I can pay attention even if I have no real interest. But in my mind I found myself going, "Shut up.. shut up...!!" and when he was done, I think I sighed with relief. This is worse than PMS that I get for 1-2 days before/as AF starts. I can't stand myself. I'm glad tomorrow is Monday as the kids will be gone for a few hours, even though they haven't been difficult or anything.

I know I am not overdue and I'm trying my best to enjoy this pregnancy.. but in a small way, and I hate to say this here, I am hoping that this hormone shift or whatever means impending labor. (Though with my history, I highly doubt I will go into labor anytime soon) Anything to relieve the crud mood I am in, though.

ETA: And now I am just sitting here crying. I don't feel bad physically (other than SPD but I can deal with that). I just am angry at myself for how cr@ppy I feel. How silly is that? UGHHHHH. I realized that I am upset that I feel so out of control of my life. But then I think about it and I am more in control than ever, so wtheck? Everything is ready (since I am surro, this means my hospital bag is packed, pump is bought/ready to go, bills paid up, etc.).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 03:41 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
ddc crashing...

My sister does this! 4 babies, 4 really bad moods before hand. Hang in there mama, one way or another, you are going to do this, get through this, and have a baby!!!
#3 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 04:39 AM

I think it is a promising sign, mama...all of the hormone shifting in the end will ultimately result in labour. Hang in there and be gentle with yourself! HUGS

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#4 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 11:19 AM

I hope this is what I am going through right now. I had a terrible morning yesterday, totally emotional and moody and cranky and very short tempered. Contractions started about 5:30pm and have been about 5 min apart when i time them, nothing terribly painful, but I haven't been able to sleep since 4am with the crampiness and back ache so I am just waiting now to see if anything progresses. Hopefully that is a good sign for you that labor is near, hang in there I know how you feel for sure.
#5 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 12:10 PM

I got like that before my first. I was uncontrollably crying the night before. Went into labor in the middle of the night.

Angela married to the love of my life Mommy to Summer Hailey and Evan
#6 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

I was up until 3am, feeling extremely restless and irritable but finally fell asleep. 4am arrives and 5 y/o DD wakes up and begins yelling from her bed that we didn't tuck her in (very very random and odd!). DH took the kids to school this AM, I am in a better mood but am still feeling the "out of control" feeling.. argh.. :/ I chalk it up to hormones now, not prelabor hormones. LOL.
#7 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 02:33 PM

I do, but my window is really big. And it's taken 3 pregnancies for me to track it. About 2 weeks before i give birth i go into this HUGE hormonal crash. With my first i thought it was some sort of prenatal depression and was terrified it meant i'd be getting PPD.

With #2, I thought it was due to dh being home on a PICC IV for lyme disease and our lives being completely screwy. With the last pregnancy I remember saying to dh, mark a star on the calendar i want to see if this is the magical 2 week mark. Low and behold, each time its been 2 weeks almost to the day. Sucky part is i am a you know what to be around for those 2 weeks. Its AWFUL. I don't like being miserable or depressed or negative and i am those to the max!

It started around the 12th this time, so im interested to see if i go around the 26/27th. I'm praying i do, because i totally understand . . . feeling like this is AWFUL! Big hugs

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#8 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 03:04 PM

mama! I have also been a big grump lately!

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#9 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 03:11 PM

Oh please please please let it be true! Yesterday was horrible. I was cranky and crying a ton. Of course, I think for me it's because I'm just so frustrated at being on bedrest. I am uncomfortable and HOT, but I think I feel guilty having people take care of me AND dd. But since I'm looking at eventual induction due to pre-e, I'd love to go into labor early and naturally.

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#10 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mamja - Oh, I am sorry about the rest. BTDT and OMG, it's well.. there are no words to really cover how terrible it can be. I was on rest with my twins due to high BP. UGH. ::HUGS:: Mama.

I am sorry for those of us that can relate to one another. Sucks. Horrormoans make me want to dig a hole in the ground, take cover and not come out until this baby has come out. :/
#11 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 03:35 PM

I hope so! I have been a terrible, cranky wife/mom the past few days. I alternate between super happy and in love with life to pissed off at the smallest thing, to weepy and exhausted.
#12 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 09:48 PM

I dunno that it means anything for me..but yeah for the past few days Ive been an incredibly evil super b*tch..To the point my DH said I sounded like a beast calling the kids for dinner..how nice

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain
#13 of 13 Old 05-24-2010, 11:37 PM

I had a couple of really grumpy days but nothing happened. I'm not sure yet so I wasn't expecting it to move on just yet.

User Tag List