Not inducing, Natural or otherwise? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 05-28-2010, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I won't unless my blood pressure spikes up, in which case I'd totally try natural/herbal methods under my MWs care before having to go to the hospital.

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#32 of 35 Old 06-02-2010, 02:08 AM

I'm working really hard at being patient. Not my strongest attribute. We're 39 weeks now, and I'm trying to do this all as naturally as possible. No cervix checks, no EPO, practicing my HypnoBabies every night, trying to remember he will be born when he's ready.

I did nipple stimulation with DD at 41 weeks, which seems to have gotten the job done, but I firmly believe Teagun will choose the birthday that's right for him. I've been assuming he won't show up until the 15, so I just gotta keep practicing my patience.

Tiffany, Mommy to Kismet, 05/08 and HypnoBaby Teagun, arriving in June!
#33 of 35 Old 06-03-2010, 12:14 PM

My blood pressure's been creeping up and I'm flirting with the line of pre-e, so DH and I talked about starting natural induction methods. I'm due in 10 days. We've started doing EPO and lots of sex, letting DD nurse to her heart's content, and I'm half-heartedly doing acupressure points. As much as I want to go into labor naturally, I'm sure that if my BP goes much higher, I'll land in the hospital. I'd prefer to try to get the babe out earlier and have a safe and wonderful homebirth and prevent the whole host of hospital interventions that would accompany developing full-blown pre-e. If I didn't have the BP issue, I'd be doing what I did with my DD - all natural, no inductions.

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#34 of 35 Old 06-03-2010, 03:56 PM

Today is my due date (yay me!) and I've never made it this far before. My first two were 7 and 9 days early, so this is new territory for me. I'm not/won't be doing anything to stimulate things (aside from maybe sex and housework ), but since I'm planning a homebirth I only have a certain window. So if I continue with no real signs of labour I will definitely allow my MW to sweep my membranes by 41+ weeks.

Of course, all this could be moot since I've been feeling rather crampy today...

Mom to Andrew (March 1, 2004), Cameron (July 19, 2007) and #3 due in early June.
#35 of 35 Old 06-03-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neldabean View Post
I am letting nature take it's course. Baby will come when baby is ready. If there was a medical reason to induce then yeah of course I would do what's best for both of us. With ds2 I went 3 1/2 weeks over my EDD I can hold out again. That is why it is called an estimated due date. Not everyone ovulates on day 14. I wish people would chill and not get all induce happy when there is no need too.

treehugger.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page