Achy, achy, achy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-31-2010, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 37 weeks, 4 days and since Friday, I have gotten very, very achy and at night, what had been mild heartburn has become prolonged periods of terrible heartburn and even some vomiting. Does this sound like we are almost there??? I have to be honest, I am feeling ready to get this show on the road - this morning, I am sitting here in tears, my right hip hurts so much...
Sorry for whining, it's just that I was induced with my daughter and I feel really unprepared to know when we are close to time for this.
#2 of 7 Old 05-31-2010, 07:34 AM

Dont feel bad mamma

Every baby is different, Every labor is different..even having a few under my belt I still wonder if something is happening..Its the nature of the beast with the last leg of pregnancy

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain
#3 of 7 Old 05-31-2010, 09:50 AM

The baby creeping down and down, these last few weeks are probably the hardest thing I've ever physically done! Hang in there, we're all right there with you!

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#4 of 7 Old 05-31-2010, 12:10 PM

pippasmum--I have been having a lot of pain in my hips/legs while sleeping. My MW told me I could use those stick-on heating muscle relief things. I just use the mildest one, and it helps me not be so in pain when I wake up. It doesn't make the pain go away, but it does help tame it some. You might check with your health provider and see if she/he says it's okay to try them.

Good luck!

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#5 of 7 Old 05-31-2010, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

I will definitely ask my doctor about the stick-ons - that would be such a relief. I know that heating pads aren't o.k. right now but at 4:30, I seriously considered getting the rice bag and throwing it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, just to see if a bit of heat would help. I will say, I went for a swim this morning and a 20 minute walk with the dogs and between the two, whatever it was eased off.
Thanks for listening to my whining this morning - it must be hormones but I just seem to get so bogged down with it right now.
#6 of 7 Old 05-31-2010, 04:30 PM

I have been using a rice pack I made at home for back pain relief. My OB was a-ok with it. She just said not to put it across my abdomen. 15 mins on your hips would probably feel really good right about now.

Mom to W (12/04), A (05/08) and S (06/10)
#7 of 7 Old 05-31-2010, 06:06 PM

Sounds like 3rd trimester aches and pains to me! They all have a purpose, in loosening everything up for labor, and making us actually look forward to the process, right? Hang in there!!!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page