Weekly chat - May 30 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 87 Old 06-04-2010, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Karen I'm in the same boat. I've been too depressed about it to really post, but trust me I know how you feel. Mine has been 145/95 consistently for the past 4 days. So, in the past 2 days I have: taken castor oil, hooked myself up to a breast pump, had sex, got my membranes swept, taken cottonroot tincture and eaten spicy food (so far, that's the most enjoyable ). We drew blood again today in hopes that it comes back awesome again and I can have a little more time. She was going to come break my water today but I'm still only 2cm, the same as I was at 37 weeks she'd like me to be AT LEAST 3 before we try that. I don't know what else to try!!

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#62 of 87 Old 06-04-2010, 11:26 PM

GO-INTO-LABOUR-VIBE's to our overdue and bp-monitoring mamas!!!!!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#63 of 87 Old 06-04-2010, 11:29 PM

So, of course I post that and then talk to my MW on the phone who pretty much tells me I can take a break and just wait for the baby I mean, it's a good thing, but I was stressing out before that phone call!! I still have to have good bloodwork, so we'll see how that goes, but if all is well I can have another week or more before we need to do anything.
I am so glad to put away that stupid pump!! I hate that thing even when I'm actually pumping milk!! Now to re-find my "overdue" zen.....

#64 of 87 Old 06-04-2010, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
There. I'm tired of the mess so I just hired a friend to clean my house once a week for the next month or two. She starts next week. DH was very happy with the idea. $15/hr is nothing when it maintains peace and sanity in our home. She just quit her part-time job (because they got stingy about paying her), so it's a win-win. Bye bye mold, dust, and grunge!!

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#65 of 87 Old 06-05-2010, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Oh my gosh, how did I get so far behind?! I read everyone's posts, but my mental capacity will not allow much personal response.

Here, I spotted for 9 days straight, so went in to L&D triage on Tuesday afternoon because my midwife was already working. Passed the NST and she did a cervical check - 3 cm. Determined the spotting was probably due to dilation and not a placenta problem (mine's low-lying, too close to cervix to clear for home birth but far enough that I can have a vaginal birth in the hospital).

Oh - to the whether to do/refuse checks - I don't like them because if I'm NOT doing anything I think I'd get depressed. Didn't have any w/ DS, but this time I think it actually has helped me be MORE patient because I know my body is doing something. I think it has and will continue to slowly creep open. I feel fantastic right now, so I'd just as soon keep feeling super and skip all the hard labor to open more! That said, she told me castor oil would probably work to kick me into labor, and don't think I didn't think about it.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#66 of 87 Old 06-05-2010, 12:59 AM

don't do it!!
No really, it's not THAT bad, but it didn't put me in labor, it was nasty to drink, and it did work for it's um, intended purpose, a few times.....I don't think I'd do it again unless I was really REALLY desperate!!

#67 of 87 Old 06-05-2010, 11:56 AM

Heya gang,

I'm still here..Still fighting off a cold. I went into a nesting spree yesterday and cleaned and disinfected the entire house in hopes that it will help kill off all these germs that are keeping us all sick! Started at 6:30am and finaly sat down at 6:30pm..had some massive cramping and a backache from hell, went to bed at midnite woke up cramping every 2 hours went pee, back to bed finaly at 9:30 DD woke me up for food and guess what not a twinge of pain..My body feels like I had a run in with a mac truck but no cramping/no ctx just a lot of peeing and sweating profusely! I dont even know how I am staying so hydrated that I can pee and sweat this much!

So I decided in order to keep my zen that the baby will come when shes darn good and ready, I am going to pretend i am not due til next month..maybe that will help..Riggghttt! I go back in to the DR on Thursday I'll be 39 weeks+ and I havent been there since 28 weeks..I know they are gonna start talking induction since I live so far away and am car free..So we will see..

So theres my update, off to catch up on everyone else!

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain
#68 of 87 Old 06-05-2010, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

I'm convinced I will be pregnant until my uterus bursts and a 5 year old walks out. I am not looking at any physical or emotional signs ever again.

#69 of 87 Old 06-05-2010, 02:42 PM

I now have stretch marks. Grrrrr. i had no idea until dh took pics of my belly last night. They are awful, about 5 of them. Sigh. Oh well. I also feel that i will be pregnant until a toddler explodes through my tummy!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#70 of 87 Old 06-05-2010, 10:46 PM

All I could think of reading the last 2 posts is the end of the movie "spaceballs" where the guy eats the soup and that alien thing comes out of his stomach singing..you ladies crack me up!

ETA: Aka mommy I also have stretch marks, so dont feel bad..

#71 of 87 Old 06-05-2010, 10:57 PM

Wow I am cranky today. Really really cranky. I went for a walk at the beach in the beautiful sun with the fam today and succeeded in making myself feel even more whale-like.... :P While making dinner tonight I was dropping everything and running into everything and just plain making a mess...it was yummy but I was in tears!!

homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#72 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 02:17 AM

Anyone else's boobs getting tight at this point? I feel like my milk is coming in, but there is no baby here yet?
#73 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 02:59 AM

YES mine are too...this week it is even more noticeable and I have serious amounts of colostrum to boot!

#74 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 09:03 AM

one of the many reasons i want baby out. boobs are killing me and nursing will give some relief

Karen, homeschooling Catholic mom to 8. #9 due 6/10
#75 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 11:24 AM

No boob issues here, but I'm finally getting that cursed round ligament pain. Owwww. I think my tendinitis is flaring up for the same reason. I tend to have loose ligaments and tight tendons anyway, and the relaxin hormone isn't helping. I'm officially 39 wks today! Hopefully only 1 more week to go!

#76 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 12:43 PM

I have noticed boob action...some stinging, etc. I haven't felt any changes in them for a long time, so I'm hoping this is a good sign of impending birth. ;-)

DS is feeling much better today, after we've had these darn colds. I'm really relieved. I was worried that baby would come, and DS wouldn't be allowed in the hospital to see us. If I still have a cold, they have to let me in, right???

Hope everyone is doing well!

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#77 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Stretch marks SOOOO much work than the last time. Wth?!

Yeah, my boobs are definitely changing. I keep feeling like I'm leaking, but I'm not. DS has little interest in nursing, most of the time when we're rocking to sleep he will just lay his head on my boob and go to sleep. It's kind of cute. At least it's not hurting any more!

#78 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaisy View Post
I have noticed boob action...some stinging, etc. I haven't felt any changes in them for a long time, so I'm hoping this is a good sign of impending birth. ;-)

DS is feeling much better today, after we've had these darn colds. I'm really relieved. I was worried that baby would come, and DS wouldn't be allowed in the hospital to see us. If I still have a cold, they have to let me in, right???

Hope everyone is doing well!
What I was told from the hospital was if I am still sick when I go into labor they will give abx/meds through the IV but nobody else can come into the room that has a cold, nor visit us. Depending on how bad the cold is they can put the baby in isolation..but I am starting to feel better..my sinuses just hurt and I am coughing up crud..FUN! Heres to a speedy Recovery to all of us getting hit with this crap!

#79 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 01:00 PM

No boob action in a looong time. My stomach has hurt for a couple days now and I am constipated, Oh and everytime I stand up the pressure on my cervix feels like the baby is just gonna fall out! Does that count?

#80 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 01:48 PM

37w1 here and having some type of boob action. Sometimes when G man nurses it feels almost like a let down, tingling, stinging sensation. Of course my nips are killing me when he first latches on and then it's all ok. He's almost 20 months and even though there is nothing left, at least I can't squeeze anything out, he won't give up nursing. At least I night weaned him..whew! Now I just need to get him in the toddler bed. He's only napped in it once.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#81 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 02:54 PM

38+5 weeks today. Baby is SO low. I seriously think that once I go into labor, she might just fall out on her own. She's been sitting on a nerve for several weeks now and when she moves, I get super painful electrical shocks all down my right leg. Stupid things are worse than many contractions I've had.

I have my last photo session this afternoon and then I've taken maternity leave till mid-July. I meant to actually stop earlier, but when people found out I was stopping for a month, everyone wanted a session.

My dad was killed in a motorcycle accident yesterday. It makes me sad that he didn't get to see this baby. I'm hoping my mom will come up to stay with us for a little bit, if she wants to.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#82 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
My dad was killed in a motorcycle accident yesterday. It makes me sad that he didn't get to see this baby. I'm hoping my mom will come up to stay with us for a little bit, if she wants to.
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. That must have come as quite a shock. Are you okay? You sound so matter-of-fact. Your poor mom. That's so sad.

#83 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post

Oh my goodness I'm am so sorry to hear about your dads passing.

Peace and healing vibes to you and your family.

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#84 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 04:06 PM

Kathryn, i'm so sorry to hear about your dad. That is awful. Big hugs

No boob action this week. Though last week they felt really full and everytime i hit them withmy arms it was painful. They were warm to the touch, even dh could feel it and asked me if i could get mastitis before birth lol.

Last night was crap. The power went out at 11 pm and didn't come back on until 2:30 am, on the hottest night we've had yet too. No fan, no ac and i was miserable sqeezed in next to my 4 yo and dh. I tried cold washcloths, cold water, washing my hands. Nothing worked. So i think i got maybe 4 hours of sleep. Think i'll be taking a nap as soon as dh is done washing the dog.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#85 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Kathryn, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I hope you are able to find support.

#86 of 87 Old 06-06-2010, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

new week http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...5#post15488695

#87 of 87 Old 06-07-2010, 01:42 AM

Kathryn I just saw your post - I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your father. May you and your family find peace and comfort as you mourn. You must be in shock.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page