Weekly chat - May 30 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last weekly chat in May!

It sounds like everyone is in the throes of the end of pregnancy. I woke up this morning MAAAAAAD. I swear I lost the mucous plug yesterday, and last time DS was born 24 hours later. I do NOT know why I thought this one would be even remotely similar.

I'm 38 weeks today, cramping and spotting every day. I think if I were allowed to walk he would be here, but I'm still taking it easy. I'm just worried he's going to be freaking massive by the time he's born! I swear he's at least 10 pounds now.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 11:05 AM

I can't believe my EDD is TOMORROW. I'll be one of the first "overdue" mamas in the DDC

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#3 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 11:05 AM

Burnindinner When are you going to be able to walk again?

*mama moose* Too funny! Your time is near hun, hang in there!

I really wish I would break this could and cough already..I spend half my life these days trying to figure out if I am leaking urine from all the coughing or if I am leaking water.

I am not really trying to push out this LO, as I have this fear that if I deliver being sick like this I wont be allowed to hold her after birth or take her home til I am better..this is a horrible time to be sick..9 very looong days and nights now, and every-time things look like i am getting better I go right back to coughing and congestion.

I'm thinking about taking the kids up to the playground today..give us all something to do and fresh air..maybe that will help.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain
#4 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

To be honest, I'm not sure I'm not "allowed". But this whole bleeding low-lying placenta thing has me a little freaked out. I've spotted every day for a week. If it's dilating and effacing, awesome, but if it's placenta, I'll be unhappy. I really want to avoid hemorrhage before or after birth! So I am taking it easy one more week, and when I hit 39 weeks, I will start walking every day again.

aslyn, I hope your cold clears up soon. Not to mention just plain feeling crappy.

So *mm*, how is that BP? It must be holding sort of close to steady, right?

Oh, and I really think this LO will be 8 lb 8 oz-ish, not 10 lb. That would shock me.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#5 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 12:17 PM

As my EDD approaches, I think I may be tested...I fear that labor will not start, and I will need to wait past my EDD, for up to two weeks, testing my patience. But, if the LO would wait 'til this coming Friday, I'd be all ready for her to come. DS asks all the time if the baby will be born this day, that day, today, and I just keep telling him she'll come when she's ready. I hope she's ready soon! I feel like a ticking time bomb, and I'm sure that feeling will increase with each passing day. ;-)

I want to wash our cloth dipes, but there's something wrong with the pipes/valves connected to our washing machine. The property manager said she plans to have someone out here Tuesday morning, so we'll hope that actually happens and that they are able to fix it right away. At first, we just didn't have any hot water coming into the washer. Now, we don't have hot or cold, so we can't do any laundry at all.

Here's looking at a new week in the DDC...hope we hear about some more babies coming our way!

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#6 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 12:24 PM

azdaisy Getting the same thing from my kids.."what day will be the baby be here? "When she is ready to come" "but what day?" I feel like the watched pot that never boils lol

Burnindinner Ahh..I cannot say I blame you, though I would be ripping my hair out if I couldnt do much..just being in the house the past 3 days is driving me completely insane!

#7 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Aslyn, I feel ya on the nasty cold. Today my nose is so stuffy, I think if I went into labor, I'd probably have a panic attack from not being able to get enough air in.

Mama Moose, that's so exciting! Hope it happens soon!! We really need to start cranking out these babies once June begins. Our large audience expects it.

Azdaisy, that would drive me crazy not to be able to wash clothes or diapers. Hope they get it fixed asap.

Burningdinner, aw you must be getting so close. I have spent so much time on bedrest and know how miserable and boring it can be. Hope you have that baby soon!

I still feel like June 13th is so far away, even though it's less than 2 wks away. Esp since we were talking about scheduling a c-sec a week early, and now we're not, so I'm back to my original due date. I'm excited and know I'll be nervous when my time comes. I wish DH would change the oil in my car. The oil light came on last time he took me to the hospital, and my car is soo much easier for me to get in and out of than his giant truck. I can't imagine trying to climb up there while having contractions. I just asked him, and he says it's on his to-do list. Yeah, along with a zillion other things.

Is it common for first-time dads to really not get that our uteri are ticking time bombs? But then again, I suppose he could at least pour some oil in if I went into labor. He'd probably have hours to do so. Hmm. I just want all things to be ready now so that by the time it happens so I won't have to micromanage everything then and can just focus on labor, and then on baby Karina.

I didn't sleep well last night, and keep falling asleep for hours at a time today. When I'm up, I'm so clumsy I drop or knock over everything I touch. Falling asleep again now. Zzzzzz

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#8 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Totally clumsy here too! I'm knocking everything over, and I just feel so lumbering and awkward when I try to move.

If this babe stays in until his/her due date then it might be another 10 pounder like DD1. That would be fine with me, because all my baby clothes start at 0-3 months except for a couple newborn size sleepers I bought because I feel like this baby might be small.

And diapers, gah! I can't find my NB/small stash! A few here and there, but the box under the bed that I thought had them in it just had a couple and a stupid crib bumper. I don't think I gave all of them away, but it looks like I gave away a lot more than I thought.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#9 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 06:00 PM

I am so with you girls on the clumsiness...fell on the stairs again last night, but thankfully it was just the last two. I'm fine of course but poor dh came running!! I'm sure I'll be a little sore tomorrow, but what's a little more of that, right?? LOL

I have a cold now too of course...but at least I should have plenty of time to be feeling better from that. I can't believe tomorrow is JUNE! Today we celebrated the start of summer vacation for the kiddos, and they were greatly surprised and excited. I was just happy because my icky sicky self could lounge in bed all morning! haha

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#10 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 06:05 PM

yeah, big and lumbering . .

My son has decided that he is spiderman, my dh is iron man, and I am Rhino

For those of you who don't know Rhino is a bad guy in the Spiderman stories who well looks like a rhino. Big, lumbering, angry, yeah sounds about like me these days

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

#11 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 06:10 PM

Well, I canceled my 40 week visit for tomorrow. DD is not throwing up anymore but is still acting sick and had 3 or 4 blowout diapers today, so A) I don't want to bring her around pregnant mamas and B) my DH could stay outside with her but I'm nervous to stick her in the car for a 45 min each way drive so soon after she's been throwing up....she has a tendency to get carsick anyways and I just don't want to deal with it. So my MW said it was fine, she's expecting me to have a baby soon anyways, and if not she'll see me next week for sure.
I also canceled my pedicure for tomorrow because we're flat broke. So my plans for tomorrow went from "seeing my awesome midwives and getting a pedi" to "sitting at home as usual"...sigh. I think we're going to rent Alice in Wonderland though, and eat popcorn. I have to do SOMETHING fun as my due date passes me by!

#12 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 06:57 PM

*mm* you never know your plans could change to "having a beautiful baby". Happy due date tomorrow!

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

#13 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 08:49 PM

I'm still so far behind you all (end of June) but just hitting 36 weeks last week made me feel so much better than 35! I have two more weeks of school (I teach third grade) so at least that keeps me busy. I plan on working until the bitter end if only to pass the time.

I finally told my parents about our homebirth plans. I'm such a chicken-I didn't mean to NOT tell them, but they live in the States and we live in Brazil so time just passed much more quickly than intended and honestly-it never came up. So I just broke the news. Via email. I just wanted to make my points and try to put their mind at ease while I was feeling somewhat logical and coherent. Who knows what I'd sound like on the phone right now! I'm happy to talk about it, but I just wanted the initial shock to wear off before we talked.

My daughter finally got her pins and cast off her broken arm. It's been nearly two months and I was beginning to worry that I'd have a newborn and one in a cast. Hopefully she'll start using her arm more before the baby comes and be almost 100% by the time the baby is here.

This babe is LOW but I don't want to get too optimistic. My mom flies in on July 7th so I'll plan to go until then.

Mama to Noah and Sophie and Stella 7/4/ 2010
#14 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 08:57 PM

mmmmm...popcorn! I think a movie tomorrow sounds good to me but my kids will probably want to go to the pool. I taken them but I havent quite had the nerve to put a a swimsuit on to go swimming with them. Maybe I should.....it would probably make me feel better.

36 weeks, due date is 26 days away. All you mamas are way closer than I. I was having contractions again this past weekend, but nothing going on now. Maybe this baby girl will come a week or two early? I can hope right? I start my online class tomorrow, pathophysiology, so at least that will give me something else to do.

I feel like I'm finally "ready", as in baby clothes are washed, dipes washed, my room rearranged to fit a toddler bed in there, but my 19 month old hasn't transitioned over yet from my bed, my house is somewhat organized and trying to keep it clean, my bag is packed, have my labor stuff ready to go. At least my mom isn't calling everyday asking if I'm feeling ok and when is baby gonna be here.

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#15 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 10:39 PM

Why aren't you allowed to walk if you are 38 weeks?
#16 of 87 Old 05-31-2010, 11:53 PM

hey everyone,

I am now 39 weeks and 2 days. I just started mat leave and have been runnning around getting stuff ready. I have really intense pubic pain that makes me scream in pain everytime I move, but other than that I am feeling pretty good. I would really like for the baby to come out in the next few days, but I still need to clean my kitchen and, for some reason, I cannot get around to doing that. I have been doing all kinds of other things like setting up my patio furniture, installing new shelves, fixing up my bed for the birth, etc to avoid cleaning my kitchen. It's weird.

MarieW; that's really funny about Rhino. My daughter recently told me that I could no longer be Darth Vader or a Clone (my usual characters when we play Star Wars) because I just was not believable, being all huge and slow and whatnot. She told me I could only be Chewbacca or Jabba until I give birth unless I want to be Darth Vader without his mask on when he is dying. I guess it compensates for her awesomeness about being patient for the baby. She tells people that the baby decides when to come out and that there is nothing we can do about it.

Single mom to E (2004) and D (2010)
#17 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 01:09 AM

Well Friday was my edd by conception. This whole pregnancy i've been trying to ignore it, but it's the first edd i told dh when he was away at training. So that's the date he was telling everyone. So the entire week we got harrassed by his friends and coworkers via text on if i'd had the baby yet. I just assumed he was going by the edd by lmp that i had told him about once he got home.

I'm torn between thinking this babe is going to be 9-10 lbs and thinking it is smaller than my girls. Last night babe turned breech again, got the hiccups and made dh feel so that i knew i wasn't loosing my mind. But today, back to head down. I wonder if my uterus is just horribly stretched out since it only had 4 months between pregnancies and that's why this babe can move so easily? I've always had them stay head down. Oh well, i'm not too concerned.

Today we went to target, got the last of the baby stuff needed as well as a thermometer for the birth tub. Then we took the girls to the park that has a free water feature. They had a blast. It's really fun for them to just run through the water and toys. And it was nice to spend an afternoon as a family of 4. As annoyed as i am that i'm going over due with this one, it's moments like this that i will really miss. The girls' ages rock and are so much fun at 4 and 6, dh and i actually just got to snuggle and watch and laugh as they played.

I'm not looking forward to dh going back to work. I had really thought i'd go on the 30th lol. He offered to stay home, but i dont want to waste paid time off just because i'm physically huge and miserable. Has anyone elses SPD gotten severely worse? I didnt think it was possible, but just walking through target for 15 mins and tonight i can barely move!

I've been having lost of ctx. But theytaper off so i'm attributing it to prodomal labor. Other than that, absolutely nothing going on here lol.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#18 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 AM

Today is my due date. How you doin' *mama moose*? I know you're right here with me.

DH has a major important thing on this afternoon at work, so clearly i couldn't have the baby before then, but he is done at 4.30 and after that i am just going to think birthy thoughts...

MW just left, NAD urine, BP 140/82, baby active, HR fine blah blah blah... I was panicking about the BP (2 whole diastolic points higher than last time, even though usually it's the other arm and in a different position and isn't actually high anyway) but my MW was not concerned at all and was basically sure my panickyness is impending birth. Here's hoping!
#19 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 10:29 AM

yep, happy due date GoBecGo and my fellow June 1st-ers! We are the first "overdue" members of the DDC (unless one of us births today on the dot....) go us!
I'm on facebook begging for a ride to my prenatal visit today. I felt all zen about canceling yesterday (two pukey kids + 45 min car ride is a bad bad idea!) but now I'm awake and I'm feeling like I really NEED to go see them. Not that something is wrong, but that I just need to see my midwives right now, I need someone to feel my baby and tell me how good of a job I'm doing growing this healthy baby and hang in there and all that good stuff. Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something. Both my DDs had a rough night, neither threw up but DD1 is acting sick now so I expect it today, and DD2 is on the mend but woke up a few times for unknown reasons.

#20 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Happy due dates, to June 1sters! I'm anywhere between June 3rd and 6th, so we'll see... Feeling really good today, getting lots of cleaning done, which always makes me feel happy, since I'm not a natural-born cleaner! lol I've got nothing scheduled for this week but am considering trying to get in a last minute prenatal massage or another chiro visit.

Mother to Elsa b. 12/06 and expecting a new one 6/10. Partner to Josh and love our two cats, Bert N Ernie.
#21 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 01:54 PM

Another Juner 1ster here. Blah. That's how i feel about today lol. Just ready for dh to be home and us to be on our baby moon, not much else on my mind sadly.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#22 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 03:46 PM

Just got back from my OB appt. My GBS test was negative, woohoo!! Doc say baby's head is way way down there. I've turned down all my cervical checks, which seems to irritate the nurses, but my doc is just fine. She fully admitted they just do them out of curiousity to see if anything's changed, not that it predicts anything. I figure since I was not dilated at all 2 wks ago, chances are I'm slightly dilated now or still not at all. I don't care. Baby Karina will come when she's ready. With all the contractions, we know my body is gearing up for her birth. What more do we need to know?

The highlight of my day today was when Karina had the hiccups this morning. I'd never felt that before!! I was afraid I'd go through this whole pregnancy without feeling them, and I've been a tiny bit jealous of everyone else who's experienced them.

Also, my swelling is down so much, I lost 8 lbs in a week. I was able to wear my maternity jeans and my own flip-flops today. Gonna keep eating that watermelon!!

#23 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 03:53 PM

Happy due date to all of the June 1'ers!!! How amazing that June is here!

I ended up with a nasty migraine yesterday with aura, so I was partly blind and numb for a couple hours...the headache I can deal with, it's the disorientation that comes with the rest that's tough. It's been so long since I've had one (before pg) that I was really taken off guard. Thankfully dh was home to take care of me!

Once the worst of it passed we went out and bought baby's infant seat - so glad that the Snugride 35 is available now for people with big babies like we have!! It's very cute in brown and blue and I can't wait to install it this weekend.

I had an appointment today and all is well...low BP...baby was posterior but that's pretty normal for him moving up out of my pelvis while I'm sleeping and then getting in the car. I can usually get him turned back around and low in the evenings.

I was spilling quite a lot of glucose though...likely from the coke I had to drink yesterday with the regular strength tylenol - I can do very little for the migraines so I have to do what will help shorten the aura phase. BUT it will motivate me to really avoid the sugar the next few weeks since I'm obviously not processing it very well anymore. I had the same happen at the end of other pgs too.

homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#24 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 04:27 PM

I can't believe it is June!! Yesterday we rearranged our room to fit a toddler bed even tough our 2yr old said no sleep with mama. I don't expect him to jump on in and sleep in the bed. Dh has been all about getting him in the bed before baby is born. It feels so good to have our room all nice and neat, now on to the kids room. YIKES!

Friday we have our homevisit!! I am only 37 weeks so I have a few more weeks to wait. I am already getting the calls from family have you had the baby? I am going to have to not answer the phone the next few weeks.

All you June first-ers have a great day, relax, enjoy knowing that your babies are on the way SOON!

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#25 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 06:47 PM

I was feeling super nesty today. I got the house all cleaned up and even scrubbed my ds' potty seat and step stool in the bathroom, lol. Now if the house will just stay clean until baby gets here I'll be happy, but that's not likely with a 3 year old running around.

#26 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariew View Post
I was feeling super nesty today. I got the house all cleaned up and even scrubbed my ds' potty seat and step stool in the bathroom, lol. Now if the house will just stay clean until baby gets here I'll be happy, but that's not likely with a 3 year old running around.
Haha - I keep making progress on cleaning, and even though this baby will be my first, the house still ends up a mess by the end of the day. Between DH and the dog, I'm not sure who to blame more, but it just can't stay clean/straightened. I told DH I am done cleaning house, but that I need it to be clean before we bring the baby home. To be fair, he's been doing the dishes (every 3 or 4 days eww), and he did scrub the tub (once back in May...I just wear flip-flops and it doesn't bother me too much). He's been sweet, too. Says he doesn't expect me to do anything but keep my feet up and rest. I thought that meant he'll take up the slack. Haha. But whatever. Once I have the baby, I have to quit my narcolepsy medication, and I will slowly turn from a pumpkin into a mama sloth. I should probably get used to a somewhat messy house.

#27 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 08:05 PM

I got the house all clean, but this LO is not ready to make her appearance. So, I'm guessing it's going to get gross again before we make it home after the birth. At least it won't be as gross as it would have been, right?

I'm FINALLY washing diapers. The plumber was out today to replace the valves for the washing machine. I threw in a load as soon as he left, but apparently a hose came loose from the back of the washer with all the moving around. So, when the washer drained, I had a flood in the laundry room. The plumber came back out and fixed it, and now I've been washing away, including the towels I used to try sopping up the flood (and the vomit towels from last night). ;-)

DS threw up last night...poor thing has only vomited once or twice in his entire life, and he had no idea what was going on. We're not sure what happened, but he's had a low-grade fever throughout the night and today. At least he's been able to eat and keep stuff down today. Hopefully, he'll feel even better tomorrow. I'm sure if he would just give in and sleep, that would help.

Hang in there, mamas! :-)

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#28 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 08:36 PM

Happy due date to those mammas who are now "due"

I can't believe its june already. This pregnancy has FLOWN by! Even though this last stretch feels like its dragging on and on, it has gone by so fast for me.

#29 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 PM

I can't believe it but I just went through another round of migraine. It is totally unheard of, pg or not, for me to have them two days in a row (sometimes the headache doesn't go away for days but I had a whole new aura with blindness, numbness, etc). I'm totally perplexed. In pg I have had migraines around the 1st and start of 2nd trimesters with the major hormone shifts. The only other time was immediately postpartum with my last baby - as in baby was hours old and I had aura/migraine. At least then I could take ibuprofen though.

Let's hope I don't have any more because honestly regular tylenol even with caffeine is a joke when it comes to this and I spent a few hours on the couch just crying. The only slight comfort I feel is the thought that maybe my hormones are shifting now and maybe ds is going to arrive sooner than later? Fat chance but I can hope in my sore-headed stupor....

#30 of 87 Old 06-01-2010, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Ugh, sorry to hear about your migraines! I have chronic daily migraines and am off my meds during the pregnancy, so it's been a long 9 months. I hope you get some relief soon!

I can't believe it's already June, wow! I'm coming up on 39 weeks here. No annoying calls from my family, but that's because (after my 1st pregnancy) I always fudge my EDD by about 10 days. It's much more peaceful that way!

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page