36 week appt! good news :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got back from my 36 week appointment. I finally got my cervix checked and found out that my contractions are actually doing something!! yay! I'm almost 3cm dilated and 70% effaced. My doctor said it could be tomorrow or it could be two weeks but if my contractions keep up more likely sooner than later I will be 37 wks on Saturday so that's my goal. Nobody crush my dreams by telling me you were like this and then went to 41 weeks o.k. I would rather live in ignorance thinking I will be done in two weeks or less.

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
#2 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 07:36 PM

Good luck! I too have had lots more contractions this time around and really hope they are doing something too. I probably won't be checked, but a girl can dream, right??

Mama to Noah and Sophie and Stella 7/4/ 2010
#3 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 05:47 AM

WooHoo!! That's awesome! Your THAT much closer to having your LO in your arms..So jealous!!! Hang in there and before you know it, she'll be here! Good luck momma

~The Mrs.-A.K.A Mommy loveeyes.gif ~
Happily married to 1 kewl.gif (4/4/2004) & SAHM to 3-DS(3) jog.gif ,DD1(6) notes.gif,DD2(1)babyf.gif

#4 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM

Things are moving along!!

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#5 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 04:18 PM

totally jealous! I'd LOVE to have a headstart like that!!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#6 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 05:02 PM

That sounds great! I was 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced at my last appointment too! Like you, I would like to think that I will deliver in a couple weeks or so.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 5 yrs. love.gif, Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is almost 4, DS is 20 months-we had a wonderful homebirth.jpg, EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to a girl-22 months. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page