does this sound like the start of labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm seriously convinced it is

So, I planned a home birth but I'm at 36 weeks, making it a no-go, but I'm pretty sure I started going into early labor or at least will not finish the week.

With my DD I woke up in the morning with menstrual cramps, and at 5am this morning I woke up with killer cramps + had the runs twice before I hobbled into bed. The cramps were not regular; coming in waves, hurting like HELL but not getting worse..it was like one little contraction/cramp that hurt, and one HUGE one directly after that. Midwife checked me and the baby is in my pelvis and I'm effaced but not dilated yet.

I ended up taking some false unicorn which stopped cramps, but than tehy sent me home with plenty of bed rest [my DD is at her Grandparents today, and maybe the rest of the week depending on how I feel] and I'm still have SHARP cramps and pains all day on/off.

I just, I feel like this baby might be coming this week.

What do you guys think? Does this sound like early labor? I lost parts of my mucus plus burst of energy I had all morning yesterday I'm thinking I could be a day or two away.

Basically now, I'm 100% miserable and in on/off pain

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-01-2010, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It sounds like it may be the beginning of something! I hope things hold off until 37 weeks (if that's what you want!) and you can get comfortable and get some rest. (Though I know how hard that is with a little one in the house.)

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#3 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!
I have a great MIL/FIL and DD loves going there - just before I called to say goodnight and she was "busy playing Chutes and Ladders" and hung up on me so it's safe to assume she's fine if she stays another few days while I catch up on rest and my mom can come here and take over.

I DO want my home birth, but I also don't wanna hold back the kid. I also seriously don't know if I can manage this level of discomfort & pain for more days, but we will see! Fingers crossed

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#4 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 06:00 AM

Hmmm, i am way further along (40+1 today) but if this is early labour then i have been in early labour for 6 days! I think you're probably more likely to go around 37-38 weeks than 41 if this is happening now, but i'm not sure it'll be "any minute" either. Sorry! I hope the cramps pass. My HBMW doesn't do internals, but i've checked myself and i've been 50% effaced since at LEAST 23weeks!
#5 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 02:22 PM

When do you hit 37 weeks? I hope you get your homebirth.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#6 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 06:33 PM

Wow, I'm right there with you feeling totally miserable. I've felt like I'm having the period from hell for the past 24 hours, plus loose stools, and even through it all I have more energy today than I've had for the past week. I really need this little guy to hang on for another week though - I have an interview next Thursday .

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page