Shoo, Previa. Shoo. Shoo. And, other stuff, too. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-02-2010, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 36 weeks and I have my forty thousandth U/S tomorrow morning to see if my placenta has finally moved far enough off the cervical os to have a vag birth. My fingers & toes are still crossed for that home birth. I did almost no growing between weeks 28 & 32, which pegged the placenta, at both those week's ultrasounds, only 8mm off the os (still a BIG improvement over complete previa). But, over the past 4 weeks I've had a massive growth spurt (8.5cm! pubic symphysis to top of uterus) and I feel positive. Yer lucky vibes won't hurt, though, so send them if you got them ;-)

Still no bleeding, no spotting. Keeping the heartburn in check with a rotating schedule of yogurt (pH balancer) & apples (spongey imitator). Lots of longs spurts of energy followed by some needed down time. I'm planting the garden (in the front yard, too, this year!) and looking forward to finally NOT going to work tonight! My girlfriends are bringing me homemade eats for the freezer on Friday and I'm looking forward to a night of woman's wisdom & camaraderie. My guys are going camping over the weekend after my son's first social (awwww), and I'm secretly looking forward to having the house All To Myself for 36 hours.

We're in serious nesting mode over here, my husband more than I, which sets me to giggle and I find it very sweet. He's also reading some long overdue birth partner books, which have completely eased any fears I'd been holding that he'd be something akin to a deer in headlights and need an unfair amount of management. Last night he said to me, quite matter of fact & with the utmost self-confidence "Babe. I can be your birth partner".

Which, is a much more resounding statement than his previous, "Babe. I'm trying real hard to be a natural man, but I just don't think I'm very good at it".

My son surprised me the other day by flinging open the bathroom door while I was in the tub, which stopped him straight in his tracks and dropped his jaw, causing him to utter, "Ack. What's wrong with them?!" It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about, as I was attempting to maintain my stark naked composure while floating all beached whale in our tiny tub. Nipples! He was freaked out about the color of my nipples.

Things around here just seem funnier than normal as I witness my two boys' adjustment to the already strong presence of this new life force. I'm really enjoying them and all their quirky strangeness.

And, I'm so enjoying reading about the births of yer babes. It seems unreal that my little one is slated to arrive within four weeks, but I'm ready and waiting. Even if it means that she makes her grand appearance into this world via c-section, it'll be joyful (it will, it will, I'm telling myself) and I'm more than ready to meet little Leilah St. Clair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2010, 03:16 PM

I hope you get good new tomorrow! So shoo shoo previa! You boys sound a lot like my 9yr old son.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
Old 06-02-2010, 03:26 PM

Go away previa! We mean it!

Your post made me laugh - my daughter is similarly disturbed by my body - I'm normally a barely-A cup so I never wear a bra. Now that I am (sometimes) wearing a bra, since I'm already good B+ she keeps watching me jiggle The Girls into the contraptions, puzzled. "Mom, what are you DOING to your breasts?"

And our babies will come when and how they WANT to come. Last night I was talking to DD about when the baby would come and asked her how SHE knew it was time to be born. Says she: "Babies just decide when they're ready, Mom. I wanted to come out so I came."

Give us an update on the previa!

Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned homebirth.jpg

Old 06-02-2010, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
DDC crashing to send you good vibes for placental movement. I hope you get good news at the ultrasound. You sound like you're doing great - hang in there! The longer you stay pregnant, the better your odds look for that homebirth.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdcm View Post
Last night he said to me, quite matter of fact & with the utmost self-confidence "Babe. I can be your birth partner".

Which, is a much more resounding statement than his previous, "Babe. I'm trying real hard to be a natural man, but I just don't think I'm very good at it".
ddcc

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 06-02-2010, 06:20 PM

Wow! Your last name is St.clair!! I've never met another in my life! lol, That's my maiden name, wonder if we're related. I love that, "I'm trying to be a natural man" Hilarious... glad he's feeling a little more confident now. My son walked in on me in the tub a few months ago, he's seven, his response was "you have hair down there!" Little boys are funny. Good luck with your previa getting resolved. Keep us posted.

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

My son is 8, smack dab between both of your boys, nelda & monarch. It is a funny, kooky age and I like it lots.

Throughout this journey, my husband has said so many "off" things without even realizing how awkwardly humorous they are that I'm kicking myself for not recording them all.

Him: Where are you going to have the baby?
Me: I don't know? Where ever it feels right.
Him: Maybe the water?
Me: ummm? Maybe.
Him: Maybe in the bedroom.
Me: Wait a minute. Are you asking me to have the baby where you don't have to see anything? Like under the covers?
Him: You don't understand babe. I saw a movie in fourth grade health class & it really freaked me out.
Me: Okay. You stay up here at eye level (i use my hands & point to my own eyes) and you'll be just fine.

Him: Babe. I don't want to taste the breast milk.
Me: I wasn't planning on feeding you.

My man is my big, gentle, awkward giant. He always comes around and figures it out, but it's constant entertainment watching him get there.

Thanks for all the great vibes. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Monarch27, Leilah's middle name is St. Clair. It's her paternal grandfather's first name. He's a 95-year old southern gentleman from South Carolina whose wonderful drawl is bigger than his stature and whose culinary creations run the gamut from watery cole slaw to jello molds, which he offers up to company as congealed salad.

As in, "Umber. May I offer you some congealed salad this evening?".

He had a stroke last year, and although it's slowed him down, he's still kicking and as sweet as ever. I'm honored to name my daughter after him.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:46 PM

lol, Oh, I see. Oh well, guess I could still meet one someday. Nice to name your daughter after someone. My grandmother was from the south, she would make weird Jello's too, meat flavored ones and she really had a thing with lima beans.

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!

User Tag List