stay put baby! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-04-2010, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my youngest has a bad croup and possibly pneumonia. we have a long miserable weekend ahead.

Karen, homeschooling Catholic mom to 8. #9 due 6/10
#2 of 8 Old 06-04-2010, 02:13 PM

sorry to hear it, my 19 month old has something very similar that showed up this am. I am just thankful it happened now and not right after baby so I can give him lots of snuggles and songs. Hope your 'baby' gets better fast!

Married to my best friendhug.gif, homeschool.gif  homeschooling my 3 monkeysjumpers.gifin between dishes.gif andwash.gif! Growing number 41sttri.gif and taking care of my 17chicken3.gif and my milk cow and her calf. Not too much time for violin.gifanymore... but I find time to  reading.gif and napsleepytime.gifand I love my happy familygrouphug.gif

#3 of 8 Old 06-04-2010, 03:30 PM

Good luck! Hope the timing works out for you guys! DS and I have both come down with a cold/sore throat. I'll be 40 wks on Tuesday. I'm hoping we can get some good rest and get over this crud ASAP!! :-)

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#4 of 8 Old 06-04-2010, 04:23 PM

oh dear...so sorry to hear that guys! I hope and pray that you all recover much quicker than anticipated...

And if it helps in some way, I am willing to go into labor in your place... teehee!!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#5 of 8 Old 06-05-2010, 10:15 AM

how is your LO today? My 'baby' has been nursing constantly... hope that doesn't put me into labor. He had a 101 temp last night, but he slept ok and seems a bit better this morning. Thinking of you!

Married to my best friendhug.gif, homeschool.gif  homeschooling my 3 monkeysjumpers.gifin between dishes.gif andwash.gif! Growing number 41sttri.gif and taking care of my 17chicken3.gif and my milk cow and her calf. Not too much time for violin.gifanymore... but I find time to  reading.gif and napsleepytime.gifand I love my happy familygrouphug.gif

#6 of 8 Old 06-05-2010, 12:03 PM

I am sorry everyone is getting sick..at least I know I am not alone..today is day 14 of this cold/cough and I have been begging this baby to stay in til we are all feeling better!

They sent my DS home from school thursday and the nurse said that it is going around bad, the staff and students there are all getting hit with it..go figure.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain
#7 of 8 Old 06-05-2010, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

He's better. Fever hasn't returned and his rate of respiration is closer to normal. He is still wheezing and barking but isn't nearly as bad. Between the millipred and albuterol he is very cranky but I'd rather have a cranky boy who can breathe than a limp, little rag doll with a pulse ox of 85 that can't.
Of course I am sick now. :P It's all in my sinuses. UGH!

Karen, homeschooling Catholic mom to 8. #9 due 6/10
#8 of 8 Old 06-05-2010, 08:39 PM

Good luck, mediumcrunch!! I hope you guys are feeling better soon! I'm hoping my body understands that these conditions are not optimal for birth, and waits a day or two to birth. But, if my body decides now is the time, I hope I can rise to the occasion... :-)

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page