Over due club! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 131 Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I the first official member?
I was due yesterday and there is nothing happening here at all.
I think I had some kind of 24 hour bug, for 24 hours until yesterday evening I was very nauseous and sick quite a few times. I thought this might have been the beginning of something, but no... I feel totally fine now.
I'm not disappointed really. I am in some kind of denial that I am having a baby so I don't mind that he/she not's arrived yet. I also knew that I would be late again (my last one was 10 days over too).
so anyone else doing a bit of extra cooking yet?
Laura x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 131 Old 06-05-2010, 10:57 AM

Not a member - yet - in fact I have 2 weeks to go. My other two were late though, so I will probably be one. But I was sick too yesterday and of course wondered if "this was it". How cruel to make someone so pregnant sick to their stomach! Glad you're at least feeling better today!

Katherine mother to DS 8/03 and DD1 9/06 and DD2 6/10
#3 of 131 Old 06-05-2010, 12:48 PM

There's a couple of June 1st-ers on here so you aren't the first one! I'm 40 +4 now, I will probably be pregnant oh, forever.
A couple of us had posted on the May overdue thread thinking it was too early to start on here, but I guess not, there's a few of us now!!
My DD1 was induced at 39 weeks, and then my DD2 came on her own time at 40+6, so if I'm still pregnant Monday I'll be the most pregnant I have EVER been.....not a milestone I'm really looking forward to meeting....

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#4 of 131 Old 06-05-2010, 02:48 PM

I hope those sweet babies make there arrival soon for you ladies!

S Momma to:8:5:4:1.5 and: May 29 2010 loving wife to C:
:::: ::: formally mom_2_3_girls
#5 of 131 Old 06-05-2010, 03:47 PM

I'm overdue. Technically i'm 41w1 but joined this ddc because i had a feeling i wouldnt go in may. Used the 6/1 edd so that puts me with MM at 40w4. My body feels more like 41w1 though lol. Longest i've ever gone before was 40w5 and i am way bigger and more uncomfy this go round.

I keep telling myself, it's ok to go over because the baby is taking the time it needs to finish up and we won't have colic this time!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#6 of 131 Old 06-05-2010, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post
I'm overdue. Technically i'm 41w1 but joined this ddc because i had a feeling i wouldnt go in may. Used the 6/1 edd so that puts me with MM at 40w4. My body feels more like 41w1 though lol. Longest i've ever gone before was 40w5 and i am way bigger and more uncomfy this go round.

I keep telling myself, it's ok to go over because the baby is taking the time it needs to finish up and we won't have colic this time!
Wow, that's such a great way of looking at it! my dd had colic (she was 6 weeks prem) and yes I'll quite happily carry a bit longer if it means I can avoid that! Well done on such a great insight, I think that might be my mantra over then next few days (weeks?!?)
L x
#7 of 131 Old 06-05-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laangel View Post
Wow, that's such a great way of looking at it! my dd had colic (she was 6 weeks prem) and yes I'll quite happily carry a bit longer if it means I can avoid that! Well done on such a great insight, I think that might be my mantra over then next few days (weeks?!?)
L x
I'm really hopeful. A few friends who have gone overdue have said that their babies they let come in their own time didn't have colic, while their others did. And with my first i really believe she wasn't ready yet, but i was 5 over and the OB decided to augment labor. With my 2nd she was less colicky, but i took cohosh to try to speed the prodomal labor along. So this one, i'm letting choose it's OWN time. It could not work, but what harm is there in letting this one cook a bit longer? Worse case scenario it makes me feel like i'm actively helping even amidst the misery.

#8 of 131 Old 06-05-2010, 08:16 PM

I'm so glad there is an official overdue thread! I am cranky at just 38w1d because I have never NOT been overdue, so it's very likely just a matter of time (2 weeks to be exact!) before I'm here!! Knowing I have a place to join is nice...much better than thinking I'm the only one that goes over...in any case, I have always enjoyed my well-cooked babies. They have all been hungry nursers and I enjoy that they each chose their birthdays (even the ones that share them!!).

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#9 of 131 Old 06-05-2010, 09:36 PM

One funny perk of being past due is the look on peoples faces when you tell them your due date has passed We were at a bday party for my DD's little friend and all the aunts and grandmas and other relatives of hers that I'd never met kept asking me when the baby was due.... I really got a kick out of saying "last Tuesday" and watching their reaction!! A few were a little shocked that I was there while THAT pregnant but no one was rude or anything, so it was pretty fun. 2 or 3 of them told me I should try to get in the bounce house with the kids and bounce the baby out

#10 of 131 Old 06-06-2010, 01:35 AM

LOL MM! The guy upstairs ran into dh today and asked if i'd had the baby yet and when i was due. When dh told him he gasped 'Aren't they inducing yet???' he was totally freaked out. I bet he'll be even more freaked when labor sets in and he wonders WHAT those noises are as i'm birthing

#11 of 131 Old 06-06-2010, 11:47 AM

why does 40+5 feel like so much MORE pregnant than 40+4??? Liberty was born on 40+6, so if no baby by tomorrow this will be my longest pregnancy EVER, which doesn't make me feel too thrilled! I have contractions but no show or anything like that, nothing makes me think anything is happening anytime soon I do not WANT to go beyond 41 weeks, I don't! Can't I throw a fit and make 2 year old logic work for me???

#12 of 131 Old 06-06-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
why does 40+5 feel like so much MORE pregnant than 40+4??? Liberty was born on 40+6, so if no baby by tomorrow this will be my longest pregnancy EVER, which doesn't make me feel too thrilled! I have contractions but no show or anything like that, nothing makes me think anything is happening anytime soon I do not WANT to go beyond 41 weeks, I don't! Can't I throw a fit and make 2 year old logic work for me???
I've thrown a few temper tantrums I'm still pregnant. But it sure feels good when i'm in the midst of them. Today i told poor dh not to do anything if he can't keep it up in the manner that i do, that i'd just do it ALL myself until the baby came. I love him, he didnt say a word and started cleaning, folding laundry and is now bathing the dog. With out a single word or dirty look. I went and got in the shower, came and had some fruit salad and escaped online. He came over kissed me on the head and asked if i felt better and apologized for not being as good a housekeeper as me. I feel like an arse.

I think my biggest complaint is also the contractions. They either need to let up, or do something. I've had weeks of prodomal labor now. And the last 3 days i get ctx that i can't really sleep through, but don't go anywhere. Keeps me from napping and whatnot so i'm annoyed. I'm ok with labor starting, but this false crap is driving me batty.

Last night i got SOOO excited. I had a bit of mucuus when wiping and thought that it would figure, i'd go into labor when the power was out. Then one of my many trips to the bathroom i sat down and the floodgates opened. I thought my water had broke, it was THAT much pee. And i'd only peed 15 mins before and not had anything to drink in between. I got my hopes up for all of 2 seconds. Of course it wasn't, i just must have had a lot of pee held up by the baby's position. Which i am relieved to say is head down today, baby was transverse yesterday and it hurt like heck.

I'm over being pregnant. My 'no colic from overdue baby zen' is gone. Today i want to give birth. Doesn't help when dh tells me that 41w2d is a hell of a long time to be pregnant, i try to tell him others go even longer and i very well could be since there are no signs of anything.

And since when did pineapple start labor? DH was looking up natural induction methods (much to my pissiness) and he said pineapple is now listed. I eat 2 pineapples a week and have this entire pregnancy LOL. What in it supposedly sends women into labor?

#13 of 131 Old 06-06-2010, 05:20 PM

I'm in!

According to LMP, my due date was May 31... but I never took that one seriously.

My own calculations pointed to June 5... Nope.

An early ultrasound said "EDD June 7" - so I guess I have to trust that one.

My DD arrived exactly on her due date as I'd calculated it, so I'm getting a bit worried... I do that... like: "Maybe the baby is malpositioned/the cord is short/similar stupid stuff and labor will NEVER start and baby will just die at some point because the placenta will stop functioning...". Why can't I just relax like the rest of you?
#14 of 131 Old 06-06-2010, 07:34 PM

As of today I am now a member of this club. No offense to you ladies but yay lol.
Not too worried about things since 40wks isn't too far over my EDD. When I had my first ultrasound done my MW wanted to change my EDD to June 12 but we decided that we'll just expect this lil bug between now and then. I'm pretty much over that fact that i'm "overdue" and am just going along with this LO's plans..

#15 of 131 Old 06-07-2010, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter

MM, I agree, I love that when people ask you 'when are you due' and you can say of 3 days ago... I'm still trying to get and do lots of things so I don;t sit at home going crazy and going to the loo to check and see if I've lost my plug yet! I was the same with ds, he was 10 days over so and I was busy right up to the end. Still, I'd be pretty happy for it to happen in the next few days. I would like to just stop worrying about the logistics of it. I suppose I should just take a deep breath and let it go. After all, I don't want to do anything to induce labour really and I can't make any other decision about it right now.
So anyway, still here 40+3
#16 of 131 Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM

Just officially subbing here. *sigh*

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
#17 of 131 Old 06-09-2010, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Still here 40+5... fed up, nothing happening, unlikely anything will happen. I am NOT enjoying waiting
#18 of 131 Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 AM

I'm 41+1 today, and starting to feel like I will be the last person in this DDC to have a baby

#19 of 131 Old 06-09-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
I'm 41+1 today, and starting to feel like I will be the last person in this DDC to have a baby
aww MM you wont be..there will be people who go to july..peace and zen to you and all the overdue mammas!

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain
#20 of 131 Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 AM

I think I'm officially overdue today by 1 day! I don't remember for sure which day I got the pos ovulation test though and that meant 12-24 hours so I might not actually be due till tomorrow... but close enough to 40+1 now! I was planning on having the baby on or by my birthday yesterday but though I woke up with cramps at about 330 AM (somehow I am SURE I'm going to have the baby then) it turned out to be the runs (second night in a row!). Maybe maybe something will happen soon, but the MW doesn't want me to have it today anyways as she has a CT scan! So TOMORROW it is
#21 of 131 Old 06-09-2010, 02:18 PM

So, here I am! I'm now 40wks+1, and this is the longest I've ever been pregnant. I am really hoping to have a baby soon, of course, and I'm hoping for something to happen. As our doula said, "Pregnancy is not a permanent condition." Ah, true, though it might feel like it when you see all the other people who have already had their babies, and it's a million degrees out, and your DS is on edge with every little thing throughout the day. But, I'm doing my best to hang in there... :-)

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#22 of 131 Old 06-09-2010, 11:56 PM

1 day overdue here. I have been walking and walking and talking to this baby and...nada. I'm ready to go on my maternity leave, ready to know if if its a little boy or girl in there, just ready to be done
I am down to wearing the same two shirts and pants...
Anyone feel like maybe it's their fears holding the baby in? I'm just a wee tadbit apprehensive about having a homebirth, but today I talked to my midwife and she helped me find my happy place again
..Whenever you're ready little person!

as long as it's tonight
#23 of 131 Old 06-10-2010, 01:44 PM

I'll join this club! Yesterday (June 9) was my original due date based on my LMP and my own conception calculations... which would make me 40 weeks and 1 day. Although when I had an ultrasound they gave me an official due date of June 18, which would make me 38 weeks and 6 days.

I am incredibly uncomfortable, can barely walk and keep having painful menstrual-like cramps, but nothing that starts and stops in a defined way.

When I saw the midwife yesterday she said I was 75% effaced and baby was at -1 station but my cervix wasn't very soft and wasn't dilated. She also said baby was very big (I know those estimates can be WAY off and plenty of women have no trouble with natural births of big babies, but she just wanted me to know... baby measured 6 lbs 5 oz at a 35-week ultrasound).

She encouraged me to try acupuncture as a natural induction method if I was interested, and I have an appointment this afternoon. Hope something happens!

----
Sewing, knitting, breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering + working mama to baby Zora (born 6/22/10)
#24 of 131 Old 06-10-2010, 02:16 PM

mosquitoswamp...that cracks me up "as long as it's tonight"! :-)
blake 201...good luck with the acupuncture...that sounds interesting...

We are hanging out. DH asked if I could please have the baby today so he could have a break from work. Ha! I'd love to have the baby today, or yesterday, or the day before that...and I'd love to spend time with DH while we're at it. ;-)

DS and I keep trying to run errands every day, walking inside where it's cool. Yesterday, I felt lots of pressure low, but not really any contractions. DH asked if I wanted to do some squats and pop-ups. I'm familiar with squats, and I can only imagine that a pop-up wouldn't feel so great about now. We have tried the sex route, but that hasn't seemed to get us anywhere, yet. The other night, DH said he had heard pregnant women had the best O's...I said, "Yeah? Maybe not when they are 40 weeks pregnant!" Boys are so funny sometimes...

We have a MW appt this afternoon. Each week when I make an appt for the following week, I hope I don't make it that long. We'll see how things go this coming week...

I'm sure this is a test of my strength and willpower, as when I hear of people who are being induced prior to, or on, their due dates, for reasons that aren't medically sound, I wonder what's wrong with them and their HCP's, and why they are doing that. Well, here I am, past my due date and just wanting to have a baby, for so many reasons (both selfish and logistical). But, I know it's better to wait, at least for now, and so we will wait. As I told my brother the beginning of this week, the MW's will wait two wks past my due date before trying even natural methods of induction. This sounds like a great idea when you are 20 wks, but not so fun when you are past 40 wks! But, as I told him, it really is a good idea, and one of the many reasons why I switched to the MW's.

Hang in there, mamas! We can do it!!

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#25 of 131 Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 PM

is anyone else over 41 weeks? I'm 41+2 and starting to freak out a little because my MW risks mamas out at 42 weeks I have to go for an NST on Sat. too, I was hoping I could get through one pregnancy without setting foot in a hospital, but apparently not

#26 of 131 Old 06-10-2010, 03:50 PM

I'll be joining you guys in three dayd. Apparently the sticky baby vibes I wanted so badly in early pregnancy were VERY strong ones. Anyone want to send me "unsticky" vibes? I'm staring down the barrel of pre-e and a hospital induction if this baby doesn't come soon!

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#27 of 131 Old 06-10-2010, 11:05 PM

Yup, me too. Third time mama here, 41w 1d. Amazing. This is my first natural pregnancy and birth; it has been incredibly healing after the trauma of OB "care" and hospital birthing. I was induced at 39 weeks on the nose with my first two. I had no idea what to expect in terms of how long I gestate, and I suppose I'm getting my answer! My midwife is absolutely amazing. I saw her Tuesday after a day of intense pelvic pressure and contractions and learned that I am a "textbook third timer" - lots of warmup going on. I'm trying not to think about the "baby party" that is offered at my birth center at 41w 6d, as I really want to do this on my baby's time. I ignore all suggestions from well-meaning people who suggest long walks, casor oil, etc. I am active and going strong, she can come when she wants to! Although I would prefer soon, as this is getting incredibly uncomfortable.

- K.
mama to E. Kathleen 10.04 and D. Ryan 09.06
expecting L. any day now (EDD 06.02.10)
#28 of 131 Old 06-11-2010, 02:33 AM

Hang in there, mamamoose! You still have quite a few days so try not to worry yet.

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#29 of 131 Old 06-11-2010, 03:24 AM

40+4 tomorrow, which we will almost certainly make it to. I'm working really hard at being patient, and have been mostly successful, but am feeling a bit anxious tonight. I've been telling myself, and everyone else, that he would be late (betting on June 15, to be exact, 8 days late), and trying to plan activities everyday to keep us busy, but I still analyze each Braxton Hicks, of which there have been a lot all week. Is this one different? How long ago was the last one?

Not doing anything to try and naturally induce, unless you count sex, but that's more of a "get it while you can" situation. I'll try nipple stimulation if we make it to 42ish weeks, as that's what seemed to do the job with DD.

I keep telling myself that he'll choose the bithday that's best for him. If he's not choosing to be born yet, it's because he still has growing left to do.

Tiffany, Mommy to Kismet, 05/08 and HypnoBaby Teagun, arriving in June!
#30 of 131 Old 06-11-2010, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

I'm 41 weeks today. Been feeling really awful the past few days, headahces etc, but went to doc yesterday to check out bp and all normal. We're going up to hospital today for a check up, they will want to scan the waters and do an internal. I hope all will be well and favourable and they will do a sweep, I will go straight into labour, get home, my midwife will arrive and deliver the baby all while my other 2 kids are still at my friends house then my mum arrives tonight and can help with everything...
come on universe I'm putting this out there, alternatively you can just give this awful backache a rest!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page