Tingly hands and forearms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-09-2010, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS and I were out running errands, and my fingers/hands/forearms started getting tingly, all of a sudden. I am 40+1. I don't have any swelling. I don't feel any pain in my arms/hands, but it is kind of disconcerting. I thought I maybe got too thirsty or hungry or hot, as we were out running around and hadn't eaten lunch. Now, I've had lunch and water, but they are still somewhat tingly.

When I was pregnant with DS, I had some of the carpal tunnel symptoms for quite awhile during the pregnancy. This time around, even though I do more computer work than I did then, it hasn't seemed to be an issue. It seems weird that it would come on so late in pregnancy.

Any thoughts???
Thanks!

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated
#2 of 5 Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 PM

maybe baby is squishing a nerve?

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#3 of 5 Old 06-09-2010, 08:20 PM

Do you have a headache? I had similar symptoms & someone suggested it might be the start of a migraine.

Mom of 5: dd (10), ds (8) & dd2 (4), my sweet baby son born still 3/2/09, and celebrating the arrival of our dd 5/7/10.
#4 of 5 Old 06-09-2010, 08:53 PM

I started getting this a few months ago. It was pretty bad until I figured out to sleep with my top arm laying on a pillow. Since starting this I haven't felt it at all during the day.

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
#5 of 5 Old 06-09-2010, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, gang! Awhile after I posted, the tingling actually did go away. Luckily, I didn't get a headache...phew! I'm not sure if it just took longer for my food/water to kick in and help make me feel better. I was kind of freaking out, but I knew I didn't have any swelling...so I wasn't sure what it could be. Thank you, mamas!

Joanna, 6 years married to DH, Mom to 3-1/2 yo DS Owen and DD Taylor, born 6/14/10 by unmedicated

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page